Status: Complete as of October 29th, 2015.

Unstable

Chapter 37

Janna's terrified eyes watched me from the couch. Then she glared at me. With her hands tied, she couldn't hurt me. But she could stand up and rush me, if she chose. She didn't. The gun I held in my other hand kept her in place.

“He'll kill you,” she told me.

I smiled and looked over at the body on the floor, at the blood oozing from the crack to the skull.

Colin's dead eyes watched me, even after I'd slammed the butt of the gun into his head. I suppose I'd gotten carried away. I'd only meant to knock him out, but oh well.

One down, three to go.

“What about Carly?” Janna's eyes flitted to her boyfriend, and then filled with tears. “What are you going to do with her?”

What a fool.

“She should be fine, the basement has windows,” I answered. “And when she comes around, she'll be very upset, I imagine.”

The rag in my back pocket still smelled faintly of chloroform. She never saw me coming.

Outside, there was a rush of feet. I opened the door to find Eli standing there, panting and angry.

“Darling," I said, grinning. "It's good to see you. Why don't you come in?”

No sooner had he stepped inside did his hands wrap around my throat, tightening as he backed us into the house. He slammed me into the wall next to the closet and squeezed my windpipe. I swung at him, catching him in the cheek with my nails.

He winced, but didn't let me go.

Looks like Janna was right.