Status: Complete as of October 29th, 2015.

Unstable

Chapter 43

"It's okay to visit her, you know."

Carly wrapped her hand around mine, squeezed my fingers. Then she closed her eyes, and we listened to the rhythmic beeping of the machine.

"But after everything she did, doesn't it seem a bit...wrong?"

"You cared about her," Carly said, eyes open. "Even before everything. You did. I know that. And she cared about you."

"Obviously too much," I told her.

"Well, you are irresistible." She grinned.

Despite everything, I laughed.

**


The wind howled as I walked through the cemetery. When I got the grave, I knelt down. There were flowers, so someone had been here recently. But who? Veronica didn't have any family here.

"Hi," I said, feeling awkward. "It's Elias. I'm sorry for what happened to you. You were sick, but you didn't deserve what I did to you."

Tears pricked my eyes, so I shut them.

"None of this was fair. You were just doing what you thought was right in order to feel better. But it was still fucked up. When I first met you, you were so lost. You were not a killer. Maybe it's my fault that you ended up like that. Because I screwed you up more. I don't know."

Suddenly, I felt a hand on my shoulder, grip tightening.

I turned but didn't see anyone.

"This place gives me the creeps," I muttered, then stood.

Janna's grave was far from Veronica's. The ground around it was bare. My heart tugged as I sat down.

"I went to see her. I know that if you were here, you'd tell me that I was stupid. Why would I go visit the grave of the girl who killed you? You shouldn't have died because of my mistake. Janna, I'm so sorry."

This time, I didn't feel anything, but I thought I heard a voice in my ear. Telling me that it was okay. That I was finally free.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading, commenting and subscribing :)