Status: On-Going, please enjoy!

Angel Warrior

Death of the Twins

Hunter tapped her fingers against the steering wheel, waiting for someone to speak up and explain shit to her but seeing as they just drove to the entrance of the farm in dead silence, they were waiting for her to start the conversation. Rolling her eyes, she turned to follow Daryl down the dirt path, sweeping a glance over all four of them and noticed they were all pointedly looking away from her.

Growling, she spoke up, "Alright, who wants to explain what the fuck is going on?" More dead silence followed her question, so she asked a different one, "Gabe, what's the word on Con and Murph?" She eyed him in the rear view mirror and saw the disheartened expression that fell on his face. A cold feeling settled in her chest, spreading it's icy threads throughout her veins.

"They're dead, aren't they?" Hunter questioned quietly; Gabriel's silence was enough to answer her. Nodding mutely, she parked behind Daryl and exited her car, not even waiting for the others to scrabble out as she rounded to her trunk and grabbed her bow and arrows.

Slamming her trunk closed once again, she past by the four men with a parting, "Don't kill anyone," as she stalked past the rest of the group and towards the woods, the tightening in her chest getting worse at every step she took - she knew it was only a matter of time before the thread snapped and she became a sobbing mess, she just hoped she was well within the deep of the forest before that happened.

The angels starred after her with remorse as her brothers just looked at each other with raised eyebrows.

"Alright, what's up with her?" Dean asked, crossing his arms as he leaned against the car. Gabriel sighed and rubbed his face, Castiel resting his hand on his shoulder as an act of comfort. He briefly touched Cas' hand before he lifted his head and looked at the brothers.

"Connor and Murphy MacManus were her friends - from Ireland," Gabriel explained and Sam cocked his head.

"These the friends she came across the pond with?" He asked and both angels nodded; Dean, however, was still hung-up on the MacManus'.

"These MacManus' - these guys aren't the Boston Saints, by any chance, right?" He pleaded, eyes jumping from one angel to the other - their expressions weren't helping his raising anxiety.

"Great. That's just great - our "supposedly" older sister was in cahoots with the fucking Boston Saints, fantastic," Dean growled, running a hand through his hair in frustration. "What, did she go around, killing people, too? Thinking she was doing "God's work"?"

"It doesn't mean anything, not anymore, now does it?" The Archangel spat, standing toe-to-toe with the older Winchester, eyes blazing amber with his anger. Castiel tugged his brother back while Sam kept a hold on his brother's chest to prevent anymore fighting - they were already getting looks from their new group, anyways.

"How do you know Hunter? Or, well, meet her, I guess," Sam asked, shoving his hands in his pants pockets when Dean calmed down a bit. Gabrel sighed heavily as he bowed his head and hunched his shoulders - Sam had never seen the Archangel act this way before, he was always so outgoing and annoying.

"I pulled her from the Pit," the answer was so quiet that the other three wouldn't have been able to hear it if they weren't waiting for it. Shock and guilt shown in the brothers eyes, each for different reasons; for Sam, it was because if Gabriel hadn't pulled his sister out, he would've never know that he even had a sister but for Dean - he just wished that no one would ever have to experience Hell, especially one of his own family, even if he hasn't come to terms with the newly added twin sister.

Dean opened his mouth to ask what happened when the Asian kid, Glenn if he remembered correctly, came over to them, "Hey guys, we're heading in and Rick wants to thank you for finding Sophia, maybe even ask you all to stay if you want to," He grinned at them for a moment before he frowned, obviously noticing a member missing, "Where's Hunter?"

"Hunting," Gabriel smirked, quietly snorting; Glenn just rolled his eyes and motioned for them to follow him. Only then did the men notice that during their talk, all of the others had ventured into the farm house.

As soon as the four entered the house, they felt the atmosphere shift from somber and happy to tense and serious, making a few of the group members shift awkwardly. The brothers looked around and saw a few people steering clear of them, while two men stood tall in front of the ladies - as if the four strangers where going to cause harm to them right in front of them.

"Rick, these are the guys that met us on the highway and brought Sophia back," Glenn explained to one of the men, who stepped forward with a small smile; he didn't seem so threatening now that he knew who they were - technically.

"Rick Grimes, I'd like to thank you for finding and bringing little Sophia back to us," The guy, Rick, said as he held out his hand to shake each of theirs. Sam just waved his appraisement off, so used to people not thanking them for doing their jobs.

"It's no trouble, honestly. I'm Sam, this is my brother, Dean," He pointed Dean out before pausing, thinking a bit to himself as he turned to face Gabriel, "My boyfriend, Gabriel, and his brother - and Dean's boyfriend - Castiel," Sam beamed at Rick as Dean's dark scowl burned into his back; Rick just snickered quietly at the sibling banter.

"Daryl told me there were five of you but I only see four, where's the other one?" The other man - stern looking with his sturdy build and shaved head - sneered at them, having moved to the way back of the room with his arms crossed.

Dean rubbed the back of his head and shrugged a little, a sheepish grin lifting his lips, "She, uh, went hunting," Rick furrowed his eyebrows at him.

"At night? Doesn't she know that it's not safe to be out there?" He stressed, hands resting on his hips like a concerned parent. Gabriel stepped forward with his hands raised slightly, trying to defuse whatever argument that'll take place between the stubborn Winchester and the groups' leader.

"She's fine, she can take care of herself. Besides, she just received some devastating news about her friends and needs some time alone - she'll come back and probably with something to eat. That's her thing - her way of coping - she goes out and hunts, sometimes for a few hours or a few days. The longest she's been out was almost a week and she has always come back fine," Gabriel paused, staring at Rick before his eyes darted to Glenn and Daryl, "Please don't go after her, you'll only make it worse and you might get hurt in the process,"

"Great, so she's a nutcase? Why don't we just leave her out in those woods, save us all the trouble she'll most likely bring," The man scoffed, shifting on his feet as several people snapped their attention to him.

"Shane!" A tall woman with long brown hair gasped, shocked at the man's - Shane's - attitude. The group was even more shocked when Castiel strode straight up to Shane, eyes a blazing blue with anger.

"You watch your tone, that woman might just save your life if you aren't more respectful," He growled through his teeth, glaring a blue fury into the man's soul. There was a tense silence as Rick walked up to the angel and pulled him back from Shane, Castiel willingly going with the human's pull, remembering that he couldn't reveal his true species.

"No, Shane's right, if she's unstable, she can't stay here. You four are welcome to the group if you wish to stay but if you have someone that could potentially snap and kill someone, she has to go," He tried to reason with the other men while Shane stood behind him with a smug grin.

"She's not unstable," A small voice spoke up from behind the group, making everyone turn to see little Sophia standing in the doorway that connected the kitchen and living room, "She's not, she saved me, she brought me back, she's good! She didn't try to hurt me, none of them did, they're all good!" She cried, hands clutching her doll like a lifeline as she tried to convince the adults that Hunter wasn't going to harm them. Carol kneeled down next to her daughter to hug her tightly, trying to calm her down with quiet reassurance.

"Alright, alright, look. We'll wait until she comes back and do an interview of sorts, background check, anything to see if she's dangerous, that alright?" Rick asked, eyes darting around everyone to see if there was any objections - only Shane and Andrea opposed but he oversaw them, knowing something had changed with the two and Rick wasn't sure how he was suppose to deal with them.

They didn't have to wait long for her to show up, only about half an hour since Rick put an end to the improved meeting. She had knocked on the door, timidly, almost as if she knew that they were talking about booting her to the woods, and when Dean had opened the door for her, everyone was shocked to see the state that the woman was in. Grime and blood covered her from head to toe, her hair a matted mess that hung limply around her face with drying blood that Rick wasn't even sure what color her hair was.

What really interested Rick was the military fatigues that she was wearing, along with the weapons donned on her person - he knew instantly that she knew how to take care of herself and do it well; she was built to survive this world, just like Daryl and Rick knew without a doubt her brothers were as well.

"I'm sorry for taking off like that," She spoke quietly, mostly just her small group but her eyes darted around the others as well, "I - I had to clear my head, I know it was stupid to go out into the woods at night but I'm fine, I'm alright. It's second nature for me to wander around at night, I'm like a cat," She joked lightly, a small smirk lifting her lips before it fell a second later. "I - I caught a boar, brought it back. It's outside, on the porch, I'll clean up the blood tomorrow, I promise. I just...please, take the boar, cook it for dinner, I don't care. Just think of it as my little peace offering," She spoke the last part to Rick, seemingly knowing that he was the leader of the rag-tag group.

No one said anything as they still starred at her in shocked silence, making her sigh quietly and nodded at them as she turned to leave, most likely heading out to her car. Sighing heavily, Gabriel excused himself as he went to follow her, to comfort his best friend-turned-little-sister the best way that he can.

"Hunter!" He called out, jogging to catch up to her - she had practically sprinted away from the house, wanting to get away from the awkward tension she undoubtedly caused.

"Huntie, wait a second, talk to me," Gabriel pleaded, coming to a stop next to her as she hunched over the hood of her car. Before he knew it, sobs were racking her body as her knees gave out from under her; Gabriel was just lucky he was an Archangel with great reflexes, otherwise she would've knocked her head on her car as she fell.

He cradled her against his chest as her heartbreaking sobs shook her body, his own heart clenching at the sight and sound of his little Hunter completely breaking down. It wasn't the first time he saw her like this but it never got easy, each time it happened, it took about a century of his life to witness it.

"Shh, my little Hunter, shh, it'll be alright, they wouldn't want to give up now, I know they wouldn't," He whispered, stroking her grimy hair with a gentle touch, not even caring that there was blood and mud caked in it. Her sobs slowed somewhat, turning into small snuffles, but her tears still fell like a waterfall down her cheeks.

"How...how did they die?" Her voice thick with tears had Gabe clenching his own eyes tightly to prevent any tears escaping.

"Gun point. A few people wanted what they had and they weren't taking no for an answer. The boys didn't even stand a chance but they went peacefully, they're up in their heaven at McGrinty's with their boys. They miss you but they're happy up there, they're always watching over you, you know?" He was rewarded with a small chuckle that made him grin, even though it was wet sounding, it was still beautiful.

"I don't even want to know what else they're doing up there," Hunter stated lightly, sniffling as she wiped her tears away, laughing lightly at the mild scowl Gabe had.

"You don't. I accidentally walked in on them once already, I'm scarred for life," That just made her laugh harder, leaning on Gabriel's shoulder to hug him. She was still hugging him as her laughter faded, content to just sit on the ground in front of her car with Gabriel beside her.

"Thank you, Gabe. I needed that," She whispered, giving him a small smile before she planted a wet kiss on his cheek; she snickered when Gabe made a noise of disgust as he wiped his cheek, glaring at her playfully.

"Anytime, my dear Huntie," He grinned at her cheekily as she glared at him now, giving her a quick peck on the lips before he jumped up and started sprinting towards the house. Hunter just sat there on the ground for a bit to recollect her thoughts, laughing at Gabriel's antics before standing up herself.

"Might as well face the storm," She mumbled to herself as she, too, started towards the house but at a much slower pace then Gabe.