Victim

Chapter 10

Skye woke up the next morning to find that Syn was already gone. She quickly got dressed and headed downstairs. The guys were all standing in the kitchen. Everyone but Matt and Syn seemed to be hung over.
"Hey sleeping beauty." Jimmy greeted her.
Skye smiled and sat down at the table. Syn smiled at her from across the room.
"So Skye, Syn and I have to go to Michele's to get some of his stuff. I need you to stay here and babysit these drunks." Matt informed her.
"Hung over, not drunk." Johnny clarified.
Skye laughed and nodded. "Don't worry, I'm great at watching kids."
"Hey!" Jimmy pouted.
"I just want to sleep." Zacky groaned.
Everyone laughed at him.
"Okay, see you guys a bit. You have my number if you need anything." Matt said as he headed for the door.
Skye nodded and Syn walked over and gave her a quick kiss before leaving.
"Skye and Brian sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G" Jimmy sang.
"Shut up." Skye blushed.
"They were doing a lot more than kissing last night." Johnny pointed out.
Skye's face turned a bright red.
"You guys are cute." Zacky added.
"You're not mad?" Skye asked.
"Of course not. I've got my own women."
"Yea right." Johnny said with a laugh.
"Are you guys hungry?" Skye asked, changing the subject.
"God yes." Jimmy said with a smile.
Skye smiled and got the making for pancakes, eggs, and bacon. She didn't want to make anything that would take too long to cook. She was quite hungry herself.
She was in the middle of cooking, almost finished with the last pancake, when there was a loud noise outside followed by a knock on the door.
"Are you expecting someone?" Johnny asked.
"Should I call Matt?" Skye asked as she flipped the pancake to cook the other side.
"Hang on." Zacky said as he stood up and walked to to front door. He peeked through the window next to the door to see who it was. It was a tall blond man he didn't recognize.
He opened the door after the man knocked again. "Can I help you?"
The man smiled. "Yes you can." He stepped forward and pistol whipped him with a gun he was hiding at his waist.
Skye, Jimmy, and Johnny all heard Zacky let out a scream and a thump as his body fell to the floor.
"Skye run!" Jimmy said as he grabbed a knife from the knife holder on the counter.
"Go hide and call Matt an the police!" Johnny quickly added.
Skye ran to the kitchen entrance at the other end of the room. "What about you guys?" She asked in a panicked voice.
"Just go!" they both shouted in unison.
Skye turned and bolted to the hallway. She heard the sound of feet shuffling and men fighting behind her. She pulled out the phone Detective Slade gave her and dialed Matt's number. It rang a few times and went to voicemail. She quickly sent him a text and went to the pool room.
She grabbed a bat that was behind the bar and went back into the hallway. She wasn't sure where to hide. She made her way for the stairs and stopped just in front of them. Zacky was laying motionless on the ground in front of the door. She was scared, didn't know if he was alive or how badly he was hurt.
"You must be Skye." An unfamiliar voice said from the same exit she had gone through. He was very tall and blond with blue eyes. He wore all black and had on black gloves. There was a gun in his right hand and his nose was bleeding. "Let's talk."
"Fuck you." She said as she ran up the stairs. The man growled and ran after her.

Matt and Syn were carrying boxes from the house to the car. Michelle was sitting on her bed crying in tears. Her sister was trying to comfort her.
"You have a lot of shit." Matt complained.
"Yea well this is my house. I'm the one getting kicked out." He said angrily.
"Sorry man." Matt said as he pulled out his phone. He felt it vibrate a few times. "Oh shit."
"What?" Syn asked as he put a box in the trunk.
"I have a missed call from Skye."
Syn stopped dead in his tracks and look at Matt. He hoped she was okay. "Did she leave a message?"
"No but she text-"
"What? What did she say?" Syn asked worriedly.
Matt slammed the trunk closed and ran for the drivers side door.
Syn followed suit and jumped into the passenger seat. "What's going on?"
"Call the police." Matt said and tossed his phone onto Syn's lap.
Syn glanced at the text, it read "911" and immediately called the police. He gave them the address and informed them of what happened. He ended the call then tried Skye.
The phone kept ringing and made him even more worried. As soon as it when to voicemail he blew up. "Hurry up Matt!" He shouted.
Matt was speeding by this point. "I'm going as fast as I can! Call Slade."
Syn did so. Slade answered after only a couple of rings. "This better be good."
"Get to the house." Syn said. "Skye is in trouble."
There was noise on the other end of the line, it sounded like car keys. "Where are you?"
"Matt and I had to leave, we are our way back now."
"I'm on my way." Slade said and disconnected the call.
Matt slammed his brakes on when they got back to the house. It looked fine from the outside, except for the fact the door was wide open and the gate didn't open for them.
They got out of the car and found the guards knocked out. Matt hit a button that opened the gate and they ran for the front door. Syn gasped when he saw Zacky on the ground.
"Zacky!" Matt said as he shook him.
He groaned. "There is someone in the house."
"Matt!" Syn shouted from the kitchen.
Matt helped Zacky sit up then rushed to the kitchen. It smelled like something was burning. It was the pancake on the stove. There was smoke everywhere and the smoke detector was going off. Syn was kneeling down next to Johnny and Jimmy trying to wake them.
Matt immediately removed the pan from the stove and turned the stove off. "Skye!" He called as he did so.
"Take care of them I'll look for her." Syn said as he stood up. He checked the pool room and music room before running upstairs. He noticed that all the doors were closed except hers. It was slightly open.
He quietly walked up to the door. "Skye?" He asked as he entered the room. The room was a mess. things were scattered everywhere. "Skye!"
Then he felt pain on his back. He fell to the ground and turned. The man was standing there pointing his gun at him.
"Stand up." He said in an angry voice.
"Where is she?" Syn asked as he stood.
The man motioned to the closet with his gun. "Tell her to come out."
Syn slowly backed to the closet door. "No."
"Do it or I'll blow your brains out." The man threatened.
"No!" Skye shouted from the closet.
"Skye don't come out! The police are almost here."
The man fired his gun at the wall just behind Syn. Skye let out a scream from inside the closet an threw the door open.
"Skye no!" Syn shouted and caught her. He pushed her behind him and stood facing the man with the gun.
"How many of you are there?" The man asked.
"More than you can handle." Syn said bitterly.
The man raised his gun and pointed it directly at Syn's heart.
"Put the gun down man. You don't want to do this."
"Oh I do. Move over."
Syn remained where his was.
"I'll give you to the count of three." The man said. "One."
Syn still didn't move.
"Two."
"Three"
"No!" Skye shouted and pushed him out of the way just as the man pulled the trigger.
"Skye!" Syn shouted. It was too late. Skye fell to the floor, blood seeping out from under her. The man dropped the gun and ran for the stairs.
"Matt! He's coming your way!" Syn shouted as he knelt down next to Skye.
The man was met by police and Matt made his way up the stairs. He entered the room to find Syn leaning over Skye. His hands were bloody and covering her wound.
Matt ran over and fell to the ground next to them. "Let me see."
Syn moved his hands to expose the wound. Blood was surging out of it fast, faster than they could stop.
"Shit." Matt said and placed his hands over it like Syn had. "It right in her chest."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading! Sorry for the delay again. I've been super busy. Expect the next chapter to be up next week at the latest.
Hope you liked that chapter. Leave me some feedback.
I know it went by fast, the next chapter will be a bit slower.
xoxo