Victim

Chapter 11

She was bleeding badly. Syn was pressing the third towel down on her wound, it too was already saturated with blood. Syn was crying, he was terrified she was going to die. Matt was angry, angry that the man had shot her, angry that he failed her.
Zacky, Johnny, and Jimmy were all upstairs by the door, watching and asking if there was anything they could do, but here was nothing. It broke their hearts to see Syn crying like this. He had never been this upset over anything, not even his divorce with Michelle.
Finally the paramedics arrived and Jimmy led them upstairs and to the room where Skye lay. She was unconscious, it looked like she was barely even breathing. She was going to die.
"Help her." Syn said as he looked at the paramedics with pleading eyes, tears streaming down his face.
Matt and Syn both moved out of the way so the paramedics could put her on the gurney. They carefully lifted her onto it and strapped her in. They then proceeded to life it up and make their way downstairs to the ambulance.
They all stood by the front door, watching them place her inside. Matt and Syn were both covered in blood.
"Is she going to die?" Syn asked quietly.
Matt looked at him with an apologetic look and gave him a hug. Syn burst into tears as he let Matt hold him. The rest of the guys joined in, forming a group hug.
"She'll be okay." Jimmy said.
"We should meet them at the hospital. The guys need to get their head checked." Matt said as he pulled away from them.
Syn nodded with a sniffle and made his way to the car. They all piled in and followed the ambulance to the hospital. When they got to the hospital a nurse quickly scooped Zacky up and took him to get a couple stitches. Syn and Matt proceeded to head to the bathroom to wash off, they were scaring everyone in the waiting room.
They were all getting anxious waiting for the doctor to come back out. Skye was in the ER barely on the edge of life and death, and they had no idea what was going on. Syn was an absolute mess. His eyes were red and puffy from all the crying and his eyes were now too dry to cry. Jimmy had an arm around him trying to comfort him.
"Matt, do you think she will be okay?" Johnny whispered.
Matt looked at his feet and sighed. He honestly didn't know what to say. She had lost a lot of blood, and the bullet had hit right in her chest, it would need to be a miracle for it not to have punctured her heart. Before Matt could even speak, someone else did.
"What the hell happened?"
It was Slade, and he looked very pissed.
"We were attacked." Zacky answered.
"By who?"
"We don't know, the cops arrested him. Shouldn't you be questioning him?" Matt asked.
"Oh I will. First I want to know if the girl is okay."
It was silent for a moment.
"Well?"
"We don't know yet. She lost a lot of blood. She was shot in the chest-" Syn trailed off into dry tears.
"We are waiting for the doctor." Johnny finished.
Slade sighed and sat down next to Matt.
"We are going to catch these mother fuckers." He said bitterly.
Matt nodded. "Do you think the guy will tell you anything?"
"I'll make him." Slade said with an evil smile.
A few minutes later the doctor finally came out. All of them stood up, hoping for good news.
"Do you want the good news or the bad news?" He asked.
Syn gulped and balled his fists. What bad news?
"The bad news." Matt said.
"Bad news, her heart stopped."
There was a gasp between them all.
"Good news, we brought her back, and the bullet missed her heart. You guys can go see her now." The doctor said with a smile and walked away.
"Oh thank god." Syn breathed a sigh of relief and ran for her room.
She was hooked up to a heart monitor and iv. She was still unconscious and had a big bandage wrapped over her chest and shoulder. Syn stood by her bed side and held her hand. Zacky, Johnny, and Jimmy joined him. Matt remained in the hall to talk with Slade.
"You guys need to do something." Slade said.
"What would you like us to do?"
"I think you guys could use a change of scene. They clearly know where she is."
Matt nodded. "Okay yeah. I know where to go. It should be safe. What if they are following us?"
"I'll have some of my men follow you and watch out for you. They were ensure you get where you are going safely and alone."
"Okay." Matt left it at that and Slade left. He was going to the jail to question the gunman.
Matt joined his friends in the room with Skye. He wondered how long she would be asleep for. But it didn't matter, they needed to be ready for when she did wake up.
"Okay, here's the plan. We are going to the vacation house. I need you guys to head home, get things cleaned up and pack. We are leaving s soon as she wakes up. I'll stay here and watch over her." He quickly explained.
"But-" Syn tried to argue.
"Syn, she is fine, please just do what I ask."
"I want to be here when she wakes up."
"I will call you when she does. But i need you to go help the guys. Pack your bags, pack hers and be ready for us to get the hell out of here.'
Syn sighed in exasperation and left the room with the guys in tow.
Matt sat down in a chair next to her bed and sighed. His adrenaline rush was slowly fading and now he was exhausted. He was angry, he was sad, and he felt bad for Skye. This poor girl had been through so much, all he wanted to do was protect her and keep his promise to her. He felt like he had failed.
He didn't want to leave his wife behind but he knew it was for the best. Going to the vacation house in Florida was the best option, it would keep them all safe. Most importantly he wanted Syn to be happy, and he would protect Skye at all costs to make that happen.
Matt leaned forward and held Skye's hand.
"I think he loves you."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading! I hope you liked that chapter!
Again sorry for the delay but thank you guys so much for being patient. Leave me your feedback!
xoxo