Victim

Chapter 12

"Who do you work for?" Slade asked the gunman.
"I work for no one." The man replied.
"Then who are you working with?"
"Do you really think I would be stupid enough to tell you that." The man chuckled
"Yes I do. Because you were stupid enough to shoot the girl."
The man laughed. "She is going to die. They will find her. I promise you that."
Slade leaned over and punched the man straight in the nose.The man let out a shriek of pain followed by mad laughter.
"You want to know what is really funny. The fact that you guys are too stupid to even realize you are being followed."
"Are you going to tell us where they are?" Slade growled.
"No. You guys will find out, eventually." The man said as he leaned back in the small chair he was sitting on.
Slade pounded his fists on the table between them in anger. "Take him to his cell."
Two cops entered the room and pulled the man up from the chair. They pulled him out of the room and down a hallway to his cell. Slade sat down in his seat and rested his head in his hands. The man had refused to talk and give away who he was working with. Slade feared that they would find Skye again.
When he had gotten to the station after leaving the hospital he put five men in charge of following the band to Florida. When they were to get there those men would enlist the help of the local police department to help them with more men if needed. Now Slade had to do the hard thing and inform Skye's mother of the events that had happened.
___________________________________________________________________________________

The guys were at the house packing their bags. Syn was busy packing his and Skye's. Jimmy was packing his and Matt's since Matt was at the hospital with Skye. Zacky's head was pretty sore from when he got knocked out. He was quick to pack his bags and proceed to take a nap.
Syn was in Skye's room packing her bags. Being in her room gave him a sick feeling. There was blood all over the floor where she had fallen. The blood soaked towels were in a pile by the bed and it smelled of iron. A knock startled him as he was just finishing her bags.
"Need any help?" Johnny asked.
Syn shook his head.
"Look, she's okay. You don't need to worry." Johnny said trying to lift Syn's spirit.
"Its not that. I just feel like." He paused. "Like there was something else I could have done. I could have avoided it."
"It's not your fault. Don't even think like that."
"She jumped in front of me. He was going to shoot me."
"So? Maybe she felt like she owed us. Maybe she cares about you."
"Exactly. If she didn't she would be okay."
"Syn stop. You're just upset."
Syn sighed and zipped up Skye's bag. "Let's get out of here."
He headed for the door and Johnny followed closely behind, closing the door behind him. When everyone was done packing they all sat in the living room, waiting for Matt to call and give them an update. Time seemed to go by slowly, as if every minute was an hour in its own. It was absolute agony for Syn, he just wanted Skye to come back. He hated the idea of her being in the hospital for too long.
"Maybe we should call Matt?" Jimmy asked.
"He said he would call when she wakes up." Johnny said, biting his thumb nail.
___________________________________________________________________________________

"As soon as she wakes up we are leaving." Matt informed the doctor.
"You can't do that. We have to keep her for observation." The doctor protested.
"No you don't. We are leaving. There are men trying to kill her. They know she is here. They will not hesitate to kill her in her sleep if they have the chance." Matt said angrily.
The doctor's jaw dropped. He quickly shut it and nodded his head, signing the release papers. "I will give you a list of things you will need to watch for."
Matt waited for the list before heading back to Skye's room. He sat back down in the chair next to her bed and closed his eyes. He was exhausted from everything that had happened. He wanted Skye to wake up soon so they could get on the plane and sleep. Matt was just about to drift to sleep when he heard a groan from Skye.
His eyes flew open and he sat up in his chair. "Skye?"
She groaned again and opened her eyes.
Matt smiled. "How are you feeling?"
"Tired and sore." Skye mumbled.
"I'm sorry dear. Are you feeling okay to walk, or do you need a minute?"
Skye leaned up a little. "Okay to walk?"
Matt nodded. "Yes, as soon as you are okay to walk we are leaving."
"Don't you think I should stay here for a bit?" Skye asked surprised
Matt sighed. "Of course I do. But they know where we are. We have to leave as soon as possible."
Skye groaned again. "Fine. I need some clothes though." She was wearing a hospital gown that was very appropriate for getting on a flight.
"The hospital is providing you with some clothes. Unfortunately yours got ruined. But a bag is packed and ready for you."
Skye nodded and tried standing. She had a difficult time doing it since she was hooked up to all the monitors. Finally Matt went to get a nurse for assistance. Skye regained her balance but was still slightly dizzy by the time she had her new clothes on.
"Are you sure about this?" The nurse asked her quietly. The nurse wanted to badly for Skye to stay and get some rest.
Skye nodded. "I will be fine."
When Skye was done another nurse brought in a wheel chair and escorted Skye and Matt out to Matt's car. Matt helped Skye get in and proceeded to get in and start the car.
"Where are we going?" Skye finally asked.
"Our vacation house in Florida. Slade is sending some of his men with us as well."
Skye nodded and it was silent for a moment.
"Is Syn okay?" She asked to break the silence.
Matt shrugged. "He's worried about you."
"I didn't mean to scare you guys. I just didn't want Syn to get hurt."
"Why did you do it? I mean, why did you jump in front of him?" Matt asked.
"I didn't want Syn to get hurt. That's all."
"Listen Skye, it is our job to protect you, not your job to protect us."
"I know." Skye sighed. "I just care about him."
Matt cleared his throat. "I understand that. Look, maybe you guys should end it. At least for the time being."
"What?" Skye asked shocked.
"I'm sorry, but I don't want anything to get in the way of keeping you safe. That includes your guys' feelings for each other."
Skye was astonished. "Matt-"
"You guys can get together when this is all over." Matt said sternly.
"But-" Skye tried to protest.
"I said, end it."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey Guys!! So sorry for the huge delay, I have been super busy with work and family matters. I hope you enjoyed that chapter. I will be updating the next chapter next week. Please leave me some feedback!
xoxo