Victim

Chapter 15

The guys were absolutely frantic. They had no idea where Skye had gone or if she was safe. Matt was pacing back and forth while on the phone. He was desperately trying to get a-hold of Slade, who wasn't picking up. His phone just kept going straight to voicemail. After trying a few times Zacky suggested calling the local police, which Matt did not hesitate to do.
Syn was sitting on the steps reading the not Skye had left. Each time he read it his heart broke more and more. To know that she really did love him, and that he may never see her again, broke his heart more than anything. He hoped that if he read the note enough that a clue to where she was would show up, but she didn't write any sort of clue.
However, Jimmy had a brilliant idea. He was leaning on the couch thinking about everything that had gone on that night. How Skye was acting weird and had wanted to eat dinner with them all at the table. Syn was left alone with her so he might have noticed something as well. "Syn." Jimmy started. "While we were gone. Was Skye acting weird at all?"
Syn shrugged. "Not really. I came downstairs to watch her play the game and she was standing over there crying." He said as he pointed to where they would leave the phone.
"Why was she crying?" Johnny asked.
"She said it was because of me ignoring her. Do you think it was something else?" Syn asked as he stood up.
"It could be. She was standing by the phone." Jimmy responded and looked at Matt, who was just hanging up with the police.
"Okay, I informed them of what is going on and they have sent out patrols to help find her." Matt informed them.
"Great. Now go through the recent calls." Jimmy said.
Matt looked at him with a confused look.
"Just do it. What was the last outbound or inbound call before you starting calling everyone?" Jimmy said with a growl.
Matt looked down at the phone and began going through the recent calls. There right before he used the phone, was an inbound call from Detective Slade. "That's weird."
"What?" Zacky asked as the group stood around Matt.
"Slade called. But now he isn't answering."
"Do you think he is here in Florida and Skye went to meet with him?" Syn asked, hopeful.
"I have no clue, but why would he not answer?" Matt questioned.
"Wait, can't the police like track his phone and see? Using his number or something?" Johnny asked.
Matt nodded. "They should be able to do something like that."
And so they all waited for the police to arrive. When they got there they proceeded to write up a report with the details of the night before Skye's disappearance. After Matt brought up the point about Slade's phone. Luckily they were able to track it since it was GPS enabled.
"It says the Hilton. Its about a thirty minute drive from here." One of the officers said as he pulled the information up on his computer.
"Let's go." Matt said to the guys as they rushed out the door.
"We will send units there as well." An officer said before they left.

Skye paid the taxi driver what little money she had and exited the vehicle. She was staring at the giant hotel, terrified of what was going to happen to her. She knew they were going to kill her. She just wanted to see her family one last time. Say goodbye to everyone in person instead of a little note before she snuck out of the house. Most importantly, she wanted everyone to be safe, which was why she was here at the hotel in the first place.
She took a deep breath and entered the hotel lobby. She made her way to the elevators and pushed the button. She patiently waited for the doors to open and stepped inside. She pushed the button to the third floor and watched as the doors closed, locking her inside the metal chamber. Time was going to fast now, soon she wouldn't be here anymore.
The doors opened, revealing the creme walls and brown carpet of the hallway. Tears filled her eyes as she leaned against the elevator doors, in a way that would not allow them to close. She covered her face and sank to the floor. She didn't want to do this. She wanted to turn around and leave the country. She wanted to be far away from these men where they could never find her. Deep down inside, she knew that there was nowhere she could run to.
Skye took some more deep breaths and stood up. She moved away from the doors which proceeded to close behind her. She walked down the hallway until she was standing in front of the door of the room the men were in. This is where she was going to meet her demise. These were the doors that were going to send her to heaven or hell. It was now that Skye was wishing she could take back all the bad things she had ever done. With a swift movement, she knocked on the door.
It was quiet on the other side except for a single word. "Coming."
The door opened and Skye was greeted by a familiar, terrifying face. He had a grin on his face as he looked at her and this blood thirsty look in his eyes. Skye wanted to break down and cry, but she knew she had to be strong if she wanted to make it out alive.
"Hello princess." He said in a low raspy voice. He stepped to the side and allowed Skye to enter the room. She pushed past him slowly, weary that he might try something so soon. Instead he simply closed the door behind her and made his way to the living area of the room. He motioned for her to sit on the couch and she did so.
"Are you thirsty princess?" The man asked.
Skye shook her head.
"Oh okay. Just give us a few minutes to get ready and we'll be off."
"Where are we going?" Skye asked with a strong tone. A confident tone that she would outsmart them once more.
"Oh my dear, that's the surprise." With that he turned on his heals and headed into the bathroom.

The guys made it to the hotel a few minutes after the police did and followed them to the front desk. An officer was informing the receptionist what he needed. He asked for a room number to Detective Slade as well as access to the cameras. The woman, clearly not wanting to release any information, left to get her manager. The man complied with the officers and pulled a list of names of those staying at the hotel.
"I'm sorry, there is no Slade registered here." The man informed them.
"We have to see the cameras." Syn began, his heart started racing and he knew something was wrong. "She's here and she isn't with Slade."
"Calm down sir. We have a man looking at the cameras now. If he sees her he will come let us know." Just as he finished speaking, another officer came over and whispered in his ear.
"Would one of you care to follow me please, and verify if this is her."
"I will." Syn said as he moved forward. He followed the officer into the back room and looked at the tv screen, where the footage was paused. Syn's heart shattered into a million pieces.
"That's her. How long ago was that." He said as he stared at the image of Skye crying by the elevator.
"About forty-five minutes. They may still be in the building. We've got the room number right here." The officer said as he pointed at the screen. The imaged changed to her walking up to the door and knocking. They could barely see the room number, but they saw enough to know where it was.
"Lets get someone up there and someone to see who the room is registered under."
Syn headed back to the desk and gave the guys a nod of approval that it was Skye. He hoped to god that she was okay.

"Let's go princess." The man said as he and his partner exited the room. They both looked slightly different then the first time Skye had encountered them. They both looked skinnier with longer hair. One with dark hair and one with light here. The scary one who kept calling her princess had dark hair.
Skye stood up and followed them out the door and too the elevators. They stepped inside and waited til they hit the lobby floor. As they exited Skye stopped dead in her tracks. There standing at the desk were the guys with some officers. She began to panic, she hadn't left any clues as to where she was. If the men saw them they would surely hurt them.
"Wait." Skye said and the men turned to look at her. "Maybe we should go out a back way. I mean, you don't want anyone to see me with you right?"
"Why would we need to worry about that when you were told not to tell anyone?" The light haired man said.
"I didn't tell anyone, but lets face it, they are going to see that I am gone and look for me. Cops are smart." Skye was trying desperately to keep them from seeing her friends and she hoped that her friends wouldn't see her over here.
"Too smart it seems." The dark haired man said as he nodded to the area behind Skye. There were officers with hotel security headed there way. "Put this one." He said as he handed her a hoodie.
She quickly put it on and the man pulled the hood up over his head. "I didn't tell anyone I swear."
"I know princess. You wouldn't risk their lives like that. You probably just had a noisy escape. Now follow closely behind us and look straight ahead."
She glanced over at the front desk before following the men through the lobby. They all looked so scared and worried about her. It killed her to see them like this. An officer standing with them glanced over at them and she quickly looked away, hoping he wouldn't suspect anything.

"Okay we have an officer with hotel security heading up to their room now." An officer informed the guys.
"What if they aren't there?" Matt asked.
"We are looking through security footage all the way to now to make sure they haven't left. Don't worry, we will get her back. You guys should head back home and we will contact you when we find her."
"No chance in hell." Syn said. "She is part of this family and we are going to look for her god damnit."
"Calm down Brian." Jimmy said as he put a hand on his shoulder.
Syn was about to protest when there was a sound on the cops walky talki.
"Come in." A man said.
"What is it?" The cop in front of them replied.
"They aren't here sir."
"Fuck." Matt sighed. "What about the footage? When did they leave?"
The officer walked to the back room and looked through the footage. It was unbearable for the guys to wait for him to come back out. They weren't alarmed until they saw officers run from the lobby out the doors.
"What's going on?" Johnny asked.
Matt shrugged and was about to head to the security room when the officer walked out. "They walked right past us. They are driving a black BMW with no plates. She is wearing a blue hoodie and the men are both wearing black hoodies. We have officers out on the roads looking for them. You can follow me if you'd like." The officer informed them. The guys didn't even hesitate. The rushed for the doors and jumped into their car. They followed close behind the officer and looked out the windows for the vehicle she was in.

Skye stared out the windows as they drove away. She had no idea where they were going. It seemed as though they were going to take her out into the middle of nowhere and finish her off there. The car ride was silent aside from the occasional comment form the dark haired man. He would ask her, "are you excited princess?, are you having fun yet princess?" and then he would just laugh and laughed.
She was so exhausted she thought she was going to fall asleep. That was the last thing she wanted to do. If she fell asleep now, she may not wake up later. She hoped that the police saw them and were following them. She hoped she would be back into Syn's loving arms shortly.
"Take this turn off over there." One of them said. They turned off into a wooded area that almost looked like camping grounds. Skye's nerves spiked and all of the different ways of them killing her were running through her mind.
"Maybe they will let me loose and chase me through the woods like some horror movie." She thought to herself. At least then she could hide until the sun rise. She snapped out of her thoughts when she felt the car come to a stop. This was it.
They exited the vehicle and began walking what looked to be a hiking trail. They eventually came to a clearing where a tent was set up. There was a third man there sitting by a fire with a pot over it.
"Finally. I was getting worried." He said as he greeted them. "So you must be the famous runaway. The girl who got away. Well you aren't so lucky now are you."
Skye just stared at the man. He was tall and had a lot of muscle. He was scarier than the two of them.
"Don't worry boss. She wont be lucky this time." The light haired man said.
"Good. Now lets eat and then get this over with." The man said as he pulled the pot off of the flames.
"Are you okay with beans being your last meal?" He tall man asked.
Skye didn't respond.
The man began to laugh. "You better answer me young lady or I will kill you right now."
"I'm not hungry." Skye choked back tears.
"Good. We didn't make you any anyways." He said as he served himself and the other two men.

"Where do you think they took her?" Syn asked.
"I have no clue." Matt said with a sigh.
"I think they would have taken her somewhere secluded. A place in the middle of nowhere." Jimmy said.
The officer had given them a radio so they could communicate from the separate vehicles. Zacky grabbed it and called over to the cop. "Lets look somewhere secluded. Where would you go if you wanted to be alone? Think smart though."
There was a brief pause before the officer replied. "The campgrounds maybe. They are closed this time of year so no one would be there."
"Send someone over there." Zacky quickly responded.
"That's smart thinking alright." Jimmy replied.
"I need someone else to drive or I'm going to fall asleep." Matt said.
They quickly pulled over and Syn jumped in the drivers seat. The whole time he was driving he was thinking about Skye. What they were doing to her, whether or not she was in any pain, if she was crying or even screaming for help. The sound of her screaming playing in his head made this even harder on him.
About ten minutes later the cop came in over the radio. "Your detective friend was just admitted into the ER. He was pretty beat up. My team found him in the hotel room after we left. He confirmed that they are taking her to the camp grounds. Keep following us, we will be there in about fifteen minutes."
"Copy that." Zacky said. "I've always wanted to say that." He said with a smirk. There was a sigh among them. He just wanted to lift their spirits a little. "She will be okay guys. She's smart."

"Do you prefer how we do this?" The tall man asked Skye as he stood behind her. He had a gun in his hand.
"Just make it quick." She said as tears begin to spill out of her eyes. She knew she couldn't run. He would shoot her faster than she could run.
"Oh we will. Any last words princess?" The man with dark hair asked.
Skye saw a shadow in the distance. A spark of hope filled her soul. She could scream if she wanted to. The shadow would run over and save her. "Tell my mom I love her."
"Is that all?" The tall man said as he lifted his arm.
"No." Skye took a deep breath. "Help!" She screamed as loud as she could. She was expecting to hear a gun shot following, instead she just felt a pain on the back of her head and she fell to her knees. The man had pistol whipped her.
"Don't you dare do that again." He growled.
"Just shoot me already." Skye cried. She felt the back of her head to make sure she wasn't bleeding, to her surprise she wasn't.
"If you say so." The man placed the gun to the back of her head and released the safety. His finger twitched at the trigger, ready to shoot.
"Freeze!" Someone shouted from in front of them. Skye looked up to see an officer and her heart sank. Emerging from the shadows were other officers, all with their guns pointing at the men.
"Now here is your choice, shoot her and you get shot, or put the gun down and live in jail." The officer in front said.
Skye didn't realize it, but she was begging the man to put down the gun. She was crying and shaking, she just wanted to go home, she wanted to be out of this mess. "Please please please." She was begging, tears streaming down her face. She was crying so hard she couldn't tell he had put the gun down and backed away.
An officer ran up to her and pulled her to her feet as three others handcuffed the men. "You're okay." He whispered in her ear. He helped her inside the back of the patrol car and shut the door behind her. She watched as the three men were arrested and placed in separate cars. Those cars drove away before hers did. The officers made sure she wasn't hurt before deciding where to take her. She insisted she was okay so they took her to the police station.

"Hurry up Brian!" Matt shouted.
"I'm driving as fast as I can!"
They had just gotten word that Skye was okay and at the police station. They were almost to the campgrounds when they turned around and rushed to her. Syn was speeding the whole way there. When they got to the station they rushed inside. There were officers trying to stop them from seeing Skye but they fought it. The sheriff gave them the okay to see her and they rushed to the back of the station where she was waiting.
"Skye?" Syn shouted excitedly.
"Syn?" She said from the small room she was in. The door was open and Syn rushed inside. He pulled her up out of the chair and hugged her for a long time. It felt nice for them, it felt better for them. Skye had wanted this for so long, and now she was able to do it.
"I love you." Syn said as he pulled away and kissed her softly.
"Syn-" Skye was cut off by a female officer.
"It's time to go now." The woman said.
"Go?" Matt questioned.
"Yes. We spoke with Detective Slade's firm. As soon as the men were arrested she was to return home. We are escorting her to the airport."
"What?" Syn asked as he looked at Skye. "Do you really have to go?"
She nodded. "I'm sorry. I need to see my mom. I need to go home."
"Skye, please stay." Syn was crying again. He didn't want to lose Skye. Not for real this time.
"I'm sorry Syn. I have to go."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading! I know its kind of all over the place and it all happened really fast but I hope you liked that chapter. So what is going to happen now? stay tuned for the last chapter next week.
xoxo