Victim

Chapter 2

Skye woke up to darkness, to silence. Her arms were sore and her wrists hurt even more. She felt like she had just woken up from a coma. She was confused, she didn't quite remember what happened. Finally the realization had struck her. She had been kidnapped, and she was tied to a chair.
Her head hurt and her throat still burnt. She groaned and moved her arms, trying to get free. They were tied to the arms of the chair at her sides.
"It's no use trying to get free." An unfamiliar male voice said.
Skye jumped. She couldn't see who it was, her eyes were blindfolded.
"Who are you? Where am I?" Skye asked with a shaky voice.
"Calm down. I don't know where we are."
Skye began to shake her head until she finally got the blindfold off. The shaking didn't help her headache. She looked around to see who she was talking to, and for an escape.
They were in a small room with gray walls. There was one door to the front of them, no others. There were some boxes and shelves against one of the walls. The man was just a few feet away from Skye. Near him was a small table.
The man had a sack over his head instead of a blindfold. His arms were tied behind him instead of at his sides. He had a half sleeve and his clothes looked dirty and torn up, like he had been in a fight. There was dried blood on the front of his shirt.
"I think we are in a studio, or warehouse." Skye informed him.
"Why do you say that?"
"Because there are no windows or doors leading to any bathroom or closet."
The man nodded. "Do you see anything that could cut us loose?"
Skye looked around again. "No, nothing."
"Dammit."
Skye sighed. "How long have we been here?"
"I've been here longer than you. I think three days now. I think you've been asleep for two."
Skye began to cry. She was scared. She was worried about her mom. Worried that she would think she ran away. Worried that her mom was crying right now.
"What do they want?" Skye cried.
"I don't know."
Skye cried harder.
"Listen, I'll get us out of here okay. I'm going to need your help. Can you do that?"
She sniffled. "Yea."
"Good."
There was a noise from the other side of the room.
"They're back." The man said.
Two men walked in just then. They were both wearing all black with black ski masks. They both had a gun at their sides.
"Well well well, look who's awake." One of the men said.
"Let me go." She said.
"Why? We haven't even started to play." The other man said as he walked over to the man that was tied up and removed the sack from his head.
He looked young, mid 20's with messy hair. There was dried blood under his nose and on his chin.
"Get the fuck away from me." He shouted and kicked the man.
"Now now, we just want to be friends. So start by telling us your names." The man next to Skye said.
It was silent.
"What's your name cutie?" He asked Skye and moved closer.
She turned her head away from him and kept quiet.
He chuckled. "We can do this the easy way, or the hard way."
They both kept silent.
"Looks like the hard way." The other man said.
The man next to Skye grabbed her hair and pulled her head back. "What's your name!"
Skye screamed in pain.
"Leave her alone!"
"What's your names!"
He kept silent. The man slapped Skye this time and she cried.
"David!" He shouted in defeat.
The man smiled and looked at Skye. "And what's your pretty little name?"
She didn't say anything.
The man grew frustrated and grabbed her by the neck.
"Skye!" She cried as he choked her.
"Good girl."
"What do you guys want?" David asked.
"To be friends." One of them said.
"This sure as hell isn't the right way to do it." David spat.
"You guys just need to open up a little."
"Fuck you." Skye muttered.
"What did you just say?"
She stayed silent.
"Listen here you little bitch. If you can't play nice I might get angry." He said as he held a knife to her throat.
Skye cried. "No please."
"Calm down man. We'll have our fun with her." The other man said with a wink.
"Don't you dare touch her." David said. "You guys are fucking crazy."
"Watch your tongue boy."
"Or what you'll cut it out you piece of shit?" David challenged.
The man with the knife walked over to him and punched him. "Have some respect."
"Respect is earned." Skye said.
"And you haven't earned it." David said as he kicked the man in the groin. He doubled over in pain. David kicked him in the face while he was down.
The other man came over and helped him up. "Untie him."
"Gladly." The wounded man said as he took the knife and cut David loose. David jumped up and attacked the other man. He was on top of him throwing punches.
"David look out!" Skye shouted as the man with the knife pistol whipped him.
David fell over in pain. The men picked him up and dragged him to the door.
"Where are you taking him!" Skye shouted behind them.
They ignored her and slammed the door shut behind them.
"Leave him alone!" Skye shouted.
She was terrified. She didn't know what they were going to do to David. Were they going to hurt him? Or worse, kill him.
Skye was crying like mad now. She was scared and didn't want to be in here alone. She wanted to help David.
She looked around with water eyes for something, anything that could get her untied so she could help David. He eyes flashed on the table that was near David. On the table there was something silver and shiny.
The man had left the knife on the table after cutting David loose. He had gotten side tracked when David attacked. Skye began shaking herself in the chair. It slowly but surely moved in the direction of the knife. She had to hurry, they could be back at any moment.
When she got to the table she put the knife in her mouth and leaned over to put it in her hand. She maneuvered her wrist so she could cut at the rope. She began to panic when she noticed how long it was taking. Her heart was racing and she was sweating.
What would happen if they came back in and caught her? Would they torture her? Kill her? Rape her? These were all thoughts that were running through her head. Each thought made her cry even harder. She was scared for her life. She just wanted to be at home, in her bed with her mom. Anything was better than here.
Finally the rope came loose and she moved to the other hand. This one she was able to cut faster then the first one. As soon as she had it loose she jumped up an bolted for the door. She took a couple deep breathes and peaked out the door.
There was a long hallway and she was at the end of it. She took another deep breath and opened the door and stepped out into the hall. She was so scared she felt like she was going to vomit. She looked around the hallway. There were multiple giant pillars down the middle of the hallway. At the very end of hallway were two giant glass doors that led to the outside.
There were doors down each side of the hallway. She didn't know which room they took David into. She wondered if there were more people in each of the rooms and grew nervous. She had to find David, she had to rescue him so they could both get out of here alive.
She heard screaming from the end of the hallway near the glass doors. It sounded like David. He sounded like he was in massive pain. Skye quietly made her way to the end of the hallway, hiding behind the pillars.
"No!" She heard David scream, followed by laughter from the men.
Skye took a deep breath and ran to the door. She put her hand on the doorknob and slowly turned it. She could hear David on the other side, crying and gasping for air. She slowly opened the door to find the men standing with their backs to her. David was kneeling on the ground in front of them.
"Do you have any last words?" One of the men asked.
David looked up at them with blood pouring from his face. Skye covered her mouth to fight back tears and a scream. David noticed her and smiled.
"Yes, yes I do."
"And what would that be?"
David spat at them. "Skye run!"
"She can't hear you." The man shot him point blank between the eyes.
Skye screamed from behind them. "No!"
The men both turned and looked at her. She had tears streaming down her eyes, the knife shaking in her hand.
Skye looked between David's limp body and the two men. She heard David's voice again. "Skye run!"
And she bolted for the front door.
"Stop!" The men yelled and ran after her.
Skye ran as fast as she could. The area was unfamiliar to her. She didn't know where she was or where she was running to.
"Someone help!" She screamed as she ran.
She was in a completely abandoned warehouse area. There were no cars, no people.
"Come back! We wont hurt you!"
Skye kept running. She ran towards a small forested area. She could see a rode on the other side of it with plenty of cars.
She screamed when she heard the sound of gun fire. They were shooting at her to try and stop her. Her legs hurt and she was running out of breath. She wanted to stop but couldn't.
She pushed herself forward despite how much she hurt, despite the sounds of gun fire behind her. She didn't know if she had gotten shot or not. She wasn't paying attention. She was concentrating on the road, on going home safely.
Finally when she got close enough to the road them men stopped shooting and stopped chasing her. She had gotten away.
"We'll find you Skye! You can't hide!"
Skye ran into the road and a car slammed on its brakes to avoid hitting her. The drive proceeded to honk at her. She ran up to the window and begged for help.
"Please help me. They are trying to kill me." She cried, trying to catch her breath.
"Who?" The driver asked.
"These two men. Please help me." She begged.
"Get in." The driver said.
Skye ran over to the passenger door and got in. She put her head in her hands and cried. She was dazed, her adrenaline was running and she couldn't believe she got away. She was hoping that this was all a dream, that she would wake up and be at home.
When she got to the police station she knew it was all very much real.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading! Hope you liked that chapter!
Comment your feedback.
Go read Die Romantic and Angel Eyes if you haven't already.
xoxo