Victim

Chapter 4

Matt and Detective Slade exchanged some information before Slade left.
"Well we can take it from here." Matt said.
Slade nodded. "Call me if you need anything Skye."
"Wait, is this for real?" Skye asked.
"What?" Slade asked.
"You're really leaving me here with Avenged Sevenfold? Or is this some kind of prank?"
Matt chuckled.
"I'm really leaving you here with Avenged Sevenfold." Slade said with a smile.
"But while you're here, think of us more like family. I'm your cool older brother." Matt said.
"My brother abandoned me." Skye said bluntly.
Matt's smiled faded. "Well I'm the cool older brother who cares too much to do that."
Slade smiled. "Have fun Skye." He left after that.
"Well let's introduce you to everyone." Matt said. "Follow me."
Skye was absolutely shocked. She honestly thought that they were all just playing a trick on her. Why would Avenged Sevenfold, a famous band, be taking part in a witness protection program?
She followed Matt into the living room area. There was a large flat screen t.v mounted to the wall. Directly in front of the tv there was a large couch, to the left of that couch there was a small love seat for one, to the right another smaller couch.
On the t.v screen there were characters running around outside shooting each other. It was Call of Duty.
Matt cleared his throat and the game paused. Three heads popped up from behind the couch.
"Guys this is Skye." Matt informed them.
As fast as lightning the three of them had jumped over the couch and made there way over to them.
"Skye this is Johnny, Zacky, and Jimmy. But you knew that." Matt said with a smile.
Skye laughed with a grin. She was so happy, so excited to be actually standing in front of her favorite band. They were all much taller then she thought, but they looked like total hard asses with all their tattoos and muscles. She was kind of intimidated by them.
Yet she was nervous as to be staying with them. Would they like her? What if they were completely different than she imagined. She was terrified at the thought of them not liking her.
"Nice to meet you." Zacky said with a smile.
"Likewise." Skye said with a blush.
"Well I'm glad you are a fan. The non fans are such a drag." Johnny said.
"You seem cool. I like your tatts." Jimmy said with a dorky smile.
Skye looked back and forth between them and Matt. "Is this real?"
"Very real." Matt said with a laugh.
"No joke?"
"Honey, we don't joke." Johnny said.
Skye squealed. "Can I hug you guys?"
They all laughed and one by one gave her a hug.
"I can't believe this." Skye said with a red face as Zacky gave her a long tight hug.
"You better believe it." Jimmy said.
"Skye I have to ask." Zacky started, "who is your favorite member?"
Skye laughed. "Are you kidding? I'm a fan, not a fan girl. You guys are all equally amazing. I love you all."
"I like you!" Jimmy said excitedly.
Johnny slugged Jimmy in the arm. "If you had to pick one who would it be?"
Skye thought for a moment. "I'm going to go with Synyster Gates, because I love his guitar."
"Dammit." Zacky said as he handed Jimmy some money.
Matt laughed. "You'll soon learn that we make a lot of bets." He handed Jimmy some money.
Skye laughed.
"Where is he anyway?" Johnny asked.
Matt shrugged. "Brian!"
"Oh just a warning, don't call him Brian, he hates it. Call him Syn, or Gates." Jimmy said.
"Thanks for the heads up." Skye said.
A moment later Syn entered the room. He came to a dead stop when he saw Skye.
"This is Skye." Matt said.
Syn looked at her with a blank expression. "Another one? We just got finished with one."
Skye's smile faded.
"Dude be nice. Jimmy will you show Skye to her room." Matt said.
"Follow me." Jimmy said and lead her upstairs. "Don't mind him. We started doing this a couple of years okay. He is just starting to get tired of it. Plus his wife doesn't really like it either."
Skye nodded.
"Well this is you." Jimmy said as he stopped in front of the second door. He opened the door and Skye was blown away by a giant bedroom. There was a king sized bed in the middle and a flat screen mounted to the wall across from the bed. There was a walk in closet and her own bathroom.
Skye ran and jumped onto the bed. "This is amazing."
"If you need anything my room is at the very end of the hall, Syn is the first door on this hall, Matt is too the left, and Johnny and Zacky are right there." He said as he pointed to the two doors across the hall.
"Thanks." Skye said with a smile.
Jimmy nodded and headed back downstairs. Skye took a moment to take in the amazing bed. It was comfortable, soft with silk sheets.
Matt knocked on her door a moment later. "So would you like to go shopping now or would you like to get some rest first?"
"Oh um. We can go now. I have no other clothes."
"Cool let's go."
Skye followed him down the stairs. Syn passed them on his way up to his room. He glared daggers at Skye when she smiled at him. They hopped in Matt's car and headed to the store. Matt had taken her to a nice clothing store that honestly, only celebrities really shopped at, so the store wasn't busy at all.
"These clothes are super expensive. You aren't paying for all this are you?" Skye asked worriedly.
"Don't worry, they reimburse us for everything."
By the time they were done picking out all her clothes, she had enough for a different outfit for each day of the month, plus a couple bathing suits.
"So why did you guys decide to do this?" Skye finally asked.
"Our fans mean the world to us. They've been there for us through everything, they are our supporters and family. So this is like our way of giving back to them." Matt explained.
Skye nodded. "That's pretty awesome of you guys."
"Yea. We've been doing it for a couple years."
"Jimmy told me. He said that's why Syn is so hostile."
Matt laughed. "Pretty much. When we do this our families, girlfriends, wives and what not can't come visit. It puts the person, and sometimes us, at risk. We have to keep it high security."
"I can see why they would be upset."
After that Matt helped her get all of her things into the car.
"I would recommend maybe changing your hair." Matt suggested on the way home.
Skye sighed. "My hair is my pride and joy."
Matt chuckled. "I get it. It's up to you. It's just a good idea."
"Can we do that tomorrow?"
"Whenever you want."
Skye nodded.
"You hungry?"
"Starving." After all, she hadn't eaten in two days.
Matt smiled and pulled into a burger joint drive thru. He ordered for everyone and waited for their food.
"So what's your favorite song?" Matt asked.
"Is this for another bet?" Skye asked with a smile.
Matt laughed. "No. Just curious."
"Seize the Day and Welcome to the Family."
"Very nice."
The lady at the window handed their food and they headed home.
"I have a feeling you are going to fit in perfectly." Matt said.
Skye grinned at him.
When they got back to the house they first took all of Skye's stuff into her room. After that they brought the food inside and headed into the dining room to eat.
"Guys come and eat!" Matt shouted.
They all made their way into the room and sat down. Skye was sitting between Zacky and Jimmy across from Matt, Johnny, and Syn. Skye again attempted smiling at Syn. He just glared at her.
"So Skye, how old are you?" Zacky asked.
"Seventeen, eighteen next month actually."
"Jesus Christ." Zacky replied.
"Johnny Christ actually." Johnny said with a snicker. Everyone laughed.
"Seriously though, you are the youngest we've had." Jimmy added.
"What happened?" Johnny asked.
Skye looked down.
"Johnny." Matt hissed. "You don't need to answer that. We've had anything and everything walk through these doors."
"No it's fine. I was kidnapped, tied to a chair, and watched them murder the other person they kidnapped." Skye sighed. "Then I slipped through their fingers and they didn't like that too much."
Syn chuckled under his breath. Everyone looked at him.
"You find that funny?" Skye asked.
Syn shook his head. "Not at all. In fact congratulations on getting away and coming here." He said sarcastically.
"This just got awkward." Zacky frowned.
Skye didn't like Syn's attitude. "I understand you don't want me here, but would you have rather they killed me? So you could spend time with your wife?"
"Guys come on." Matt said.
Syn leaned forward. "I was thinking that it would have been nicer if the guys didn't get away, but now that you mention it, yea."
There was a gasp in the room.
Skye nodded and stood up. "I've found a flaw in Avenged Sevenfold."
"Skye wait." Matt said.
She ignored him and headed upstairs, leaving her dinner and guys there in silence.
"Nice going asshole." Zacky said.
Syn sat there with his arms folded, chewing on the inside of his cheek.
"What's your problem? Just because you can't see Michelle doesn't mean you need to take it out in her. Don't you think she's been through enough?" Matt shouted at Syn.
"Plus if you are sick of this we don't need to do it anymore. You know that." Jimmy added.
Syn sighed. "Fine, I'll go apologize."
"Take her her dinner." Matt said.
"I don't think she's hungry."
"Then put it in the fucking fridge."
Syn sighed and grabbed her dinner. He put it in the fridge and headed upstairs. Skye's door was closed when he got there.
Syn knocked. "Skye. Can I come in?"
No answer.
He knocked a couple more times and waited for an answer. Finally after no answer he just opened the door and went in.
Skye was standing with her back to Syn in the closet. She was putting her clothes away.
"Skye can we talk?" Syn asked.
She didn't answer.
"Skye come on." Syn said as he walked over to her. He noticed that she had her earbuds in. She was listening to her music. He tapped on her shoulder and she jumped and turned to face him.
"You scared the shit out of me."
"I knocked." He said with an innocent look on his face.
Skye leaned down to pick up a shirt she had dropped in the process.
"Look I just want to apologize." He said.
Skye raised an eyebrow at him. "Because you really want to or because your friends made you feel like shit?"
He shrugged. "A little of both."
"Mhmm."
"Is that an "I forgive you?""
"Nope." She said as she put her earbuds back in and continued to put her clothes away.
Syn sighed and headed out into the hallway, closing her door behind him.
"Well?" Matt said from his doorway.
"She's mad."
Matt nodded. "Good. That means you can take her to get her hair done tomorrow."
"Oh come on." Syn complained.
"Goodnight."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading! Hope you liked that chapter. Feedback is much appreciated (:
xoxo