Victim

Chapter 6

Every time their was a female in their protection Michelle would flip out. It was just another stupid reason for her to fight with Syn. She fought enough with him about the fact that they even do this program and about how she never sees him. Now he was going to have to deal with her being upset over Skye.
"Should I wait out here?" Skye asked.
"No. She's going to see you eventually."
They both got out of the car and proceeded to go inside. Zacky met them both at the door with an awkward smile.
"Upstairs." He said as he grabbed Skye's hand and pulled her towards the stairs.
"Where is she?" Syn asked.
"Kitchen." Zacky said without looking back.
Syn braced himself for his wife's reaction as he headed to the kitchen. "Hey baby." He greeted her with a smile.
She smiled and walked over to him. "Brian! I missed you." She said as she kissed him.
"I miss you too." He said with a smile.
"She's wondering about our newest "Victim."" Matt informed her.
"Yes I am." She said. "I already barely get to see you. You told me the previous one was the last." She pouted.
"He was suppose to be. This one was an emergency we couldn't really refuse." Syn explained.
"Can't you just dump him off on someone else?"
"No." Matt said bluntly.
"I didn't ask you." Michelle glared daggers at him.
"I'm the one who says yes or no. And I say no." Matt smiled.
Michelle growled. "I was told I could see you again. Now I'm being told I can't come over anymore."
"I know I'm sorry honey." Syn sighed.
"Well I want to meet him."
The room grew silent.
Michelle looked between all of them. "Well?"
"It's." Syn took a moment. "It's a she."
Michelle glared at him. "What?"
"Her name is Skye." Jimmy said.
"I want her out of here." Michelle growled.
"That's not up to you." Matt interjected.
"Excuse me?"
"Michelle. I'm married to your sister. We have a son. She doesn't seem to have a problem with all this. Why do you?"
"Because I'm not my idiot sister."
"Hey!" Matt shouted.
"If Syn wants to see you he'll come to you." Jimmy said.
"Shut the fuck up, no one asked you asshole." Michelle spat.
"Hey don't talk to him like that." Syn said.
Jimmy was his best friend. He was closet with Jimmy than anyone else. To hear his wife talk to Jimmy like that really set him off. He didn't like it when she spoke to anyone like that, but he would not let her get away with it towards Jimmy.
"I want to meet her."
The room was silent again.
"Now!" She shouted.
"Zacky bring her down!" Matt shouted.
Zacky and Skye came down a moment later. The guys all had to do a double take. They honestly didn't recognize her with her new hair.
"This is Skye. Skye this is Michelle." Matt introduced them.
Syn looked extremely uncomfortable as he did so.
"Nice to meet you." Skye said with a smile.
"Skye? Your parents really named you that?" She asked with a condescending tone.
"Michelle." Matt said.
Michelle sighed. "Stay the fuck away from my Brian."
Skye nodded as Michelle passed her, shoulder checking her in the process. Syn gave everyone an apologetic look and followed Michelle.
"Poor Syn." Skye said.
"She's such a bitch." Jimmy said.
"I recommend you never talk to her." Johnny said.
"I honestly don't know who I should be more afraid of." Skye said as she scratched her head.
The guys all laughed at that.
"I'm married to her twin." Matt said.
Skye laughed. "Is she the good twin?"
"The best." Matt said with a smile.
"Is it bad that I would love to see Michelle get hit by a semi?" Zacky said as he put an arm around Skye.
"Really guys?" Syn asked from the doorway.
They all looked down, guilty for talking badly about his wife.
"Sorry." Zacky said.
Syn rolled his eyes and went upstairs to his room.
"He really loves her huh?" Skye asked.
"I honestly don't think so. I never see him happy with her." Johnny explained.
"I can't remember the last time I heard him laugh." Jimmy said sadly.
"He was laughing today." Skye said.
"Wait. So you guys get along?" Johnny said with a surprised look on his face.
Skye nodded. "I guess so. He said my hair looked beautiful."
"Wow. That's new." Matt said.
"Did I mention how good you look with blonde hair?" Zacky said.
Skye smiled. "Thanks."
"So are we going to go do something?" Johnny asked.
"I don't know. I doubt Syn will want to go." Matt said.
"I'll go talk to him." Skye said with a smile. She wanted to cheer him up and make him laugh.
"Careful, he's a dick when he's pissed." Zacky warned.
"I can handle it." She said and skipped up the stairs.
"She's cute." Zacky said with a smile as she disappeared up the stairs.
When she got to his room she knocked on his closed door.
"What?" He said as he opened the door. "Oh, it's you."
"We want to go do stuff. Come with us?" She asked with a smile.
"I'm not in the mood."
"Oh come on. It will be fun."
"Skye. No." He said with a sigh.
Skye pouted as he closed the door in her face. She went back downstairs to inform the guys.
"Let's go see a movie!" Jimmy said excitedly.
They all agreed that a movie would be fun. They piled in the car and headed to a nearby theater. After the movie they went to visit Matt's wife and son for a little bit before heading home. By the time they got home it was pretty late and everyone was ready for bed.
While all the guys went upstairs to sleep Skye remained downstairs. She knew she wouldn't be able to sleep again and felt like exploring the house. Down the hallway she found two doors. The first door led to a mini bar room.
There was a bar in the back that was stocked with a ton of different liquors. To the left of the room there was a giant pool table with pool sticks on the wall behind it. To the right of the room there was also a card table. It was fully stocked with cards and even fake chips.
Skye thought it was all pretty neat. It was their way of partying and having a good time without actually going to a bar. She smiled at the thought of them all in here getting drunk and making bets on who would win the next round of pool.
She went to the other room next. When she opened the door her jaw dropped. It was their music room. She couldn't believe that she was looking at all of their instruments. It wasn't just their instrument though, it was also their recording studio. Skye liked that they could still work on music while being part of this program.
She went in an admired Jimmy's drum set. It was huge and it had a picture of the deathbat on the front. She admired Johnny's and Zacky's guitars. Next she grew very excited as she came across Syn's guitar. It was black with white stripes. It was her favorite.
She was about to leave the room when she noticed a huge piano in the back. She smiled and walked over to it. She stoked her hands against the keys and smiled at the music it made. She really wanted to sit down and play, but didn't want to wake the guys up.
"You can't be in here." Syn said bitterly from the doorway.
Skye jumped and turned. He was really good at scaring her.
"Sorry." She said as she made her way out of the room.
Syn closed the door and headed upstairs.
"Hey wait." Skye said and followed behind him. "Syn can we talk?"
He ignored her.
"Why do you hate me so much? What did I do to you?" Skye said from behind him.
Syn sighed and turned around to face her. "Let's talk."
She followed him into his room and closed the door behind her. He was sitting on the edge of the bed and had left room for her to join him.
"It's not that I hate you. Please don't think that. Things are just, complicated." Syn explained.
"Because of Michelle?"
Syn nodded. "Look all of us here care about you, both as a fan, a friend, and someone that we are protecting. That includes me. Even if I'm an asshole sometimes."
Skye nodded. She did have a hard time trusting people. Even these guys. Sure they were her favorite band, but considering the situation she had no choice but to trust them and believe that they cared.
"I love doing this. We all do. That's why we agreed to do it. Michelle didn't always use to be like this. She use to care too." Syn said as he lit a cigarette.
"So her bad attitude is fairly recent?"
Syn shrugged. "I don't know. The guys say she has always been a bitch. I guess I just recently started to notice."
"Do you still love her?" Skye was nervous to ask.
Syn took a puff. "The sad thing is, I don't know anymore. We used to be happy. I use to make her happy. Now its like nothing I do is good enough. She treats this band horribly and I hate it. But I just sit back and let it happy. She drives me crazy."
"Not a good crazy I'm assuming."
Syn chuckled. "No. I'm not happy anymore. And I'm sorry for how she treated you. And sorry for how she makes me treat you."
"Don't be sorry. Have you considered getting a divorce?"
"No. I guess I'm just hoping things will get better."
"You might want to consider it." Skye felt bad saying this to him.
Syn sighed again. "Why aren't you sleeping?"
Now it was Skye's turn to sigh. "I just have a hard time sleeping."
"Insomnia or something?"
Skye looked away trying not to cry.
"Are you okay?" Syn asked worriedly.
Tears filled her eyes at the thought of David. "Yea. I'm going to go lay down."
"Wait." Syn stopped her by the door. "What's wrong?"
"Nothing." Skye said looking at her feet.
"Look at me."
She looked up at him, tears in her eyes.
"Why are you crying? Did I say something?" Syn asked worriedly.
Skye smiled. "No. It's just, David."
"David?"
"Yeah he um, he got kidnapped too."
"Skye I'm so sorry."
"I wanted to help him. I heard him screaming and I went over to help him but I just stood there and watched."
Syn pulled her into a hug."Shh. Don't worry, it's not your fault. And we aren't going to let anything happen to you."
Skye cried as Syn held her.
"No wonder you can't sleep."
Skye pulled away and wiped her eyes. "I should try."
"If you ever need to talk don't hesitate okay? I promise I'm not going to be a dick anymore."
Skye smiled. "Thanks. Night."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading! Hope you liked it! Leave me your feedback (:
xoxo