Victim

Chapter 8

"Skye you're okay. Calm down." Syn said. He was sitting on the edge of the bed next to her. Matt was looking at her worriedly from over Syn's shoulder. The rest of the guys were staring into the room from the doorway, relieved that no one was there.
"Sorry." Skye said with watery eyes. She had had a nightmare about David and those awful men. They were coming for her, there was no where she could run. They were going to kill her.
"Do you need anything?" Matt asked.
She shook her head.
"You guys go on. I'll calm her down." Syn said. Matt nodded and retreated for the door. The guys opened a path for him and followed him to the stairs.
"You okay?" Syn asked, wiping a tear from Skye's cheek.
She nodded. "I'm sorry, I just had a bad dream."
"Don't be sorry." Syn said with a calming tone.
Skye began to cry. "They're going to find me aren't they?"
"No Skye. I promise I"m not going to let anything happen to you."
She looked at him with puffy eyes.
"We aren't going to let anything happen to you. I need you to trust me okay." He wiped another tear away and placed both hands on her cheeks. "Can you do that?"
She nodded once more. She didn't know why, but she really was beginning to trust them all.
Syn smiled. "Good. Get some sleep."
"I can't." She whimpered.
"Okay. Come here." He said as he laid down and pulled her with him. He wrapped an arm around her and pulled her close. Her head was resting on his chest.
"You're okay." He said while stroking her hair.
Skye closed her eyes and listened to his heartbeat. She found it very relaxing. After a few moments she had stopped crying and calmed down. Her breathing matching Syn's.
"Thank you." Skye said finally.
"For what?"
"For everything you guys are doing for me."
Syn smiled. "Anytime."
They both fell asleep.

Syn woke up to find Skye was already gone. He went back to his room to shower then headed downstairs. Matt and Jimmy had headed to a meeting with Slade. He had flown in just a couple hours prior. They were discussing the situation with Skye and the posters that were around town.
Syn found Johnny and Zacky in the pool room instead of playing Call of Duty.
"Where is everyone?" Syn asked as he entered the room.
"Jimmy and Matt went to a meeting with Slade." Johnny said as he made his shot and made a striped ball in the pocket.
"Skye is in the music room." Zacky added. "And I must say, she is an amazing pianist."
Syn smiled and left for the music room. He opened the door to hear her playing piano and singing.
"I thought I said you couldn't be in here?"
Skye stopped and smiled. "I decided not to listen."
Syn chuckled and sat next to her on the bench. "Well play me something then. Zacky tells me you're amazing."
Skye smiled. "I wouldn't say that."
"Play."
Skye giggled and started to play. Her voice was perfect. She hit all the notes correctly and was even able to hit the high notes. Her piano skills were excellent. She played with such emotion.
Syn clapped when she was done. "That was beautiful. I have goosebumps."
Skye laughed at that. "Thanks."
He put an arm around her and gave her a half hug. "How are you feeling?"
"Better. Thanks for helping me sleep."
Syn's arm was still around her. "Anytime." They looked at each other for a moment.
"Well what do we have here?" A voice said from the doorway. Skye and Syn both looked to see Michelle. Skye's heart stopped.
"Michelle." Syn stood up. "What are you doing here?"
"This is your fault." It was directed towards Skye. "You're the reason why our relationship is falling apart."
"Excuse me? I didn't do anything."
"Michelle this isn't her fault. It's yours."
"What? You're kidding me. You've been cheating on me with her haven't you?" Michelle accused.
"Michelle I have not. You know me better than that. You need to leave."
"No we need to talk."
"Michelle there is nothing to talk about. Nothing is going to save us."
Skye saw the look on her face and felt kind of bad for her.
"I'm going to get you for this." Michelle snapped at Skye.
"I want a divorce." Syn sighed.
"W-what?"
"You heard me. I'm done. Get out."
"Fuck you both!" Michelle shouted and ran out of the room.
Syn stood there looking at the floor. "Shit." He said and left.
"Syn!" Skye shouted behind him.
"What's going on?" Zacky asked from the doorway.
"Syn just told Michelle he wanted a divorce." Skye informed him.
"I'll go talk to him." Johnny said and was about to head upstairs.
"Don't worry about it. He'll be fine." Zacky said.
"Why did Michelle just speed away crying?" Matt asked as he came inside with Jimmy.
"Syn is a free man." Zacky said.
"What?" Matt asked.
"He told her he wanted a divorce." Skye said.
"Oh thank God. Let's celebrate." Jimmy said and walked over to the bar in the pool room.
"It's not necessarily a good thing. He's upset." Skye protested.
"Oh but it's a good thing for all of us." Jimmy said as he laid out some shot glasses.
"He'll be fine, once he sees how much happier he is." Matt said and joined Jimmy.
"Come on Skye." Johnny said as he raised a shot glass in her direction.
"How often do you guys contribute to the delinquency of minors?" Skye asked warily.
"This would be the first time actually." Matt said with a chuckle.
Skye sighed and joined them.
"To Syn's divorce." Jimmy said.
"To Syn's divorce." They repeated and took their shots.
"That's disgusting." Skye complained.
The guys laughed and poured more shots.
"Here, this is fruity." Jimmy said as he poured hers. She liked the taste of this one, it masked most of the alcohol.
"How about some pool?" Zacky asked.
They all played a round of pool with each other. Skye and Matt had beaten everyone else and were now going head to head.
"You're pretty good at this for a girl." Zacky said.
"You know it." Skye said as she took a shot.
"Even for a drunk girl." Matt added when her ball made it into the pocket.
"I'm not drunk." Skye argued.
"Guys let's go swimming." Johnny said.
"Yes!" Skye said excitedly.
"Wait we aren't done yet." Matt pouted.
Skye leaned over the table and grabbed the eight ball. She dropped it into a pocket with a smile. "Now we are."
"That was so cheating." Matt complained.
Skye shrugged and headed upstairs to get her swimming suit on. On her way back downstairs she stopped by Syn's room.
"Syn?"
"Yea." He said from his bathroom.
"Come swimming with us."
He came out then. "I'll pass. Not really in the best mood. Sorry."
Skye walked over to him, tripping over herself in the process. "Please."
"Have you been drinking?" Syn asked with his eyebrows raised.
She looked at him with a guilty look.
"Then you probably shouldn't be swimming."
"Oh come on. You need to be the designated swimmer." Skye said with a pout.
"No."
Skye sighed in defeat. "Fine. If I drown it's your fault." She turned on her heals and stalked out of the room.
Syn rolled his eyes and growled. He put on his swimming trunks and followed Skye.
"Hey look who it is!" Jimmy said excitedly. "Man of the year. I'm proud of you."
Syn half smiled at him and sat down in a pool chair. "You guys are crazy. You do realize you got Skye drunk right."
"I'm not drunk." She shouted from the pool.
"We just know how to have fun." Zacky said. "Are you getting in?"
He shook his head. "No, I'm just the life guard."
"Skye come here." Matt whispered.
Syn was leaning back in his chair with his eyes closed. He could here them all laughing and splashing around like children.
Skye giggled and got out of the pool. She walked over to the table and grabbed and empty cup. She went back to the pool and quietly filled it with water. The guys all stopped to watch when they realized what she was doing.
She tiptoed over to Syn and raised the cup above his head. She glanced at Matt and he gave her a quick nod of approval. With that, Skye turned the cup and poured the cold water onto Syn's head. He shouted and jumped up. The guys in the pool all began to laugh at his reaction.
"Really!" He shouted at Skye.
She simply laughed at him.
"Oh it's on." Syn said and moved towards her. She screamed and ran away from him. She wasn't fast enough and he wrapped his arms around her waist and jumped into the pool, Skye screaming the whole way.
They were both under the water for only a few seconds. When they came back up the guys were laughed and making fun of them. Syn was laughing with them as Skye splashed him. He still had his arms around her waist.
He pulled her closer to him, this was easy to do in the water. She stopped laughing when she realized what he was doing.
Gently he leaned in and kissed her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading! Hope you liked that chapter.
Leave me some feedback.
xoxo