Status: On-Going, please enjoy!

Kasey Winchester

Secret Identity

"Wh-what the hell?!" Dean exclaimed, staring at the spot where Kasey just stood with wide eyes. Sam had sat down in the chair Kasey once occupied and was staring slack-jawed at the wall; Castiel merely looked confused as he, too, stared into the air.

"I didn't know demons could smoke-out like that," Bobby commented, walking in from the kitchen with a plate of sandwiches.

"They normally don't but Kasey is not a normal demon, as I'm sure you're well aware," Castiel grunted, accepting one of the sandwiches out of politeness.

"What is she then?" Dean demanded, anger slowly seeping into his features again. Castiel pursed his lips in thought as he chewed slowly.

"She's higher up in her status since the last time I saw her but it's a different kind of status, of course, since she's a rouge demon, they're not exactly upper her ranks to bargain her back in. She's still a demon yet not at the same time. No, Kasey's something else entirely,"

"Can you take a guess?" Sam cut across whatever angry spiel his brother was going to do, giving him a look to which Dean just huffed angrily at. Castiel, used to the brothers spats, paid them no mind as he thought about the mysteries of Kasey.

"Well, given who her husband is, I say she's hiding amongst either the pagans or the Greeks," he shrugged nonchalantly, taking another big bite of his sandwich with a content sigh - although he had no need for such human food, his vessel often craves those of the meat variety.

The brothers gave each other confused looks before turning to Bobby, who just shrugged with a 'I don't know' expression. Dean rolled his eyes before turning back to his drink, leaving Sam to figure it out - he really had no interest in who his sister married to, he's still trying to wrap his head around the fact he does have a sister at all. He never really thought about having any other sibling besides Sam. Dean knew nothing about having another sibling, nothing about having a sister and he wasn't sure if he wanted to.

"Is it someone we know, Kasey's husband?" Sam asked, cocking his head to the side as regarded Castiel's words. He wasn't sure but he had a nagging feeling that his supposedly brother-in-law was someone they had a run-in with before.

Castiel sighed, "How about I just tell you since you both are ignoring the obvious," He, in return, ignored the looks he received. "It's Gabriel,"

"What?!" Dean thundered, dropping the glass of whiskey he had just poured. Bobby nor Sam reacted to the shattering of glass, both of them staring at Castiel with their jaws hanging open.

"Gabriel is..." Bobby whispered, stumbling into his chair as the shock caught up with him.

"...married to our sister," Sam finished, swallowing thickly as he processed the fact he had an archangel masquerading as a trickster for a brother-in-law.

"I'll kill him," Dean muttered darkly, the muscles in his jaw twitching as he ground his teeth together.

"Ditto," Sam added, glaring at the wall next to him. Bobby just rolled his eyes at the brothers, opening one of the books on his desk. They can do the overprotective idjits gig another time, preferably when the world wasn't at danger.

"Nobody is killing anyone, especially my brother and someone who can help," Castiel growled, glaring at the two; Dean just rolled his eyes, moving to sit on the couch again.

"Look, Cas, I know he's your brother, man. But how do we know that he'll be willing to help us? Cause the last time I checked, he wanted this whole thing to happen," Dean waved a hand dismissively as he bent over a book again.

"He will once he's aware that his wife is in danger from his older brother," Castiel said gravely, staring down at his hands to avoid the brothers' expressions.

"Whatcha mean, Cas?" Bobby asked, leaning back in his chair as he regarded the angel.

"Heaven, Hell, angels, demons - they're all going to be after Kasey, for various reasons. Demons because of her betrayal, angels to hurt Gabriel for marrying a demon but most are doing so because of all the power she holds,"

"You mean like status power? I thought that wasn't possible since she left Hell," Sam asked, furrowing his eyebrows as he tried to work out the mysteries of his sister.

"Not status power, actual power. She's even more powerful than Alastair, no one knows where she's getting such power and they want it," Cas pressed, keeping his intense glare on Dean to get his point across - Dean’s jaw muscles twitched as he processed what Cas was telling him.

“So, what, she’s a seal?” Sam asked, eyebrows furrowing together. Dean and Cas rolled their eyes simultaneously.

“No,” Cas started but Dean cut him off.

“She’s a sacrifice.”

“For who - or what?” Bobby asked. Castiel stared at him for moment before answering.

“Lucifer.”
The silence that followed that statement was eerie, the kind that sent chills up and down your spine and a heavy feeling settling down in your gut.

After a few minutes of this, Bobby asked quietly, “So, what, they do a ritual upon the rise of Lucifer so that he’d gain her power?”

Castiel nodded, “Precisely.”

“So, what do we do?” A forlorn Sam asked.

Helpless, the brothers stared at each other with sorrow - they gain a sister but also gain the knowledge that she’s a powerful being as well as a sacrifice for Lucifer. Dean gazed long and hard at the coffee table that held all their books about the seals, thoughts racing a mile a minute as he thought of a solution that they could pull off.

“We tell her the deal and protect her as much as we can - that’s all we can do,” Sam solemnly nodded in agreement with Dean’s statement while Bobby and Castiel bowed their heads as they thought of what they’d have to deal with in the coming future.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

“Gabe!” Kasey shouted as she reappeared in their living room. “Sweetie!” She looked around the room before venturing further into their home; Gabriel should be home by now, unless he got held up at work - but he would’ve told her either by text or through their mental connection. She wondered briefly if he was up to something when she stepped into the kitchen and was met with a wall of sweets.

Literally, a wall of sweets.

There were boxes of chocolate stacked precariously next to the doorway and she eyed them warily, knowing all too well what it felt like to be hit with one at the right angle; jars of jelly beans lined the counter, bags of cotton candy scattered on the floor, various different kinds of lollipops just strewn everywhere - and there was Gabe, sitting at the counter, amongst his horde with a giant bowl of ice cream with a nauseating amount of toppings and chocolate syrup.

“I’m still surprised how you’re not fat with all the sweets you eat,” Kasey commented as she stepped carefully around the candy, eyes glued to the floor in case there were gumballs or jawbreakers scattered amongst everything. “And it’s a good thing we don’t have to pay for all this or I would’ve cut you off a long time ago!”

Gabriel just laughed through a mouthful of ice cream. Kasey sighed heavily as she plopped down in the chair across from him, reaching down to grab a bag of cotton candy that she tore into with a vengeance - Gabriel always conjured these up for her when he was having one of these cravings, not liking the way the wispy candy felt in his mouth.

“So, where have you been?” He raised an eyebrow at her, lips quirking into a half smile as he played with his ice cream.

“I was summoned,” Kasey stated, deciding to mess around with him a bit before giving him all the details.

“What?” He almost dropped his spoon in shock - it’s been a while since she was summoned anywhere, unlike him, who gets summoned at a regular basis.

“Yeah.”

“As what?”

Kasey cocked her head - she wasn’t expecting that question, “What?”

“Were you summoned as a demon or as Eris?” Gabriel explained, rolling his eyes as he swirled his spoon in the melted part of the ice cream.

She glared at him, “Demon."

"Hm, made any deals?"

"Not that kind of summon, dork."

"Oh no? Enlighten me then," Gabriel smirked.

"Castiel summoned me," The clatter of a spoon against the counter made them pause and stare at each other.

"Castiel?" he whispered.

"Yes."

"My brother Castiel."

"Yes, Gabriel." Kasey huffed, a tad annoyed.

"Why?" Now she just stared at him.

"Really? What do you think he summoned me for?" Gabriel shrugged, his expression about as clueless as a goldfish. "You're an idiot, he called me to help him and my brothers with the apocalypse, jesus christ."

"How the fuck was I supposed to know that?" he snapped.

"About what, the apocalypse or Castiel summoning me?"

"Both," Kasey sighed, rubbing the bridge of her nose.

"That's why I'm telling you, however, you should've know about the pending apocalypse for months now, what gives?"

Gabriel grumbled, gaze falling to his melted ice cream and ignored his wife's intense stare.

"Mhmm, that's what I thought," she sighed heavily as she got up from her seat, taking her bag of cotton candy with her. She'd wait until he came to her instead of pushing him - she learned that the fun way.

It was about two hours later and one horror movie down before she heard anything from Gabriel. Usually, if he was trying to hide something from her and she somehow found out, he’d wait approximately ten minutes to think of how to explain it to Kasey without her flipping out. So, the fact that she had to wait two hours for him to come to her was unsettling and very concerning. She watched him out of the corner of her eye as he flopped on the couch next to her with a heavy sigh.

“Alright, what is it that you’re hiding from me?” Kasey demanded, flicking over to Netflix’s main menu to give Gabriel her full attention.

“I had a talk with Joshua when this all started,” Gabe started, hesitantly. At Kasey’s nod, he continued, “Apparently, someone found out about us, about your powers, and they want it. Both sides, Heaven and Hell, they want whatever you have and want to know how you managed to contain such power.

“They also found out about your true species, and that we’re married, so now my head’s on a pike now,” He finished, grimly, frowning at the wall beside the large T.V. Kasey’s gaze was unfocused and locked on the coffee table as she thought and tried to think up a plan.

“I guess that explains why Castiel summoned me, he probably thought I had an insight to what the demon activity is - though, I’m sure he took a stab at what my “witness protection” identity was after I left,” Kasey rolled her eyes, picking at the hole in her jeans. “But if they’ve all known for months now, how is it that I’m only finding out about this now? Why haven’t I been attacked yet?”
It was a tense silence for a few minutes before Gabriel answered, clearly wishing he wasn’t telling his wife about her pending demise if Lilith is successful in her work.

“They’re waiting,” He ignored Kasey’s questioning gaze, still staring intently at the wall opposite of him. “You’re a sacrifice, Kasey, for Lucifer.” He met her gaze then, to make sure she got that what he was saying was serious.

“Are you for real?” She asked, deadpanned; Gabriel’s eyebrows furrowed at her tone. “Why the fuck are they sacrifice me for my power, for Lucifer, an archangel. Do they really think that he’d be depleted on power or something? Fucking idiots, all of them,” Kasey ranted, jumping to her feet and stormed down the hallway to their bedroom.

“Kasey!” Gabriel jogged after her, silently pleading that she didn’t destroy the house in a fit of anger.

“No! Gabriel, we’re talking your brothers and sisters, my brothers and sisters, fighting each other to see who gets to kill me first for my fucking powers for a fucking archangel, who doesn’t even need them. You don’t get to tell me to calm down!” She spat, rounding on him like a fiery, red ball of anger, her eyes glowing bright green as she tried to reign in her emotions a bit. Gabriel had his hands up in a surrender position, showing her that he didn’t follow her to fight and assisted her in calming down, matching her breathing with his.

After a few minutes, her eyes returned to normal and the static charge in the room was gone. Kasey sighed, tiredly, as she leaned forward and rested her head against his shoulder, her body just sagging with exhaustion after that episode.

“Why does it always have to be me? Is it that Winchester family curse everyone was talking about?” She wondered out loud, not caring that her voice sounded pathetic and weak.

Gabriel sighed, rubbing her back soothingly, “Oh honey, no, if there was an actual curse, I would’ve gotten rid of it years ago,” He yelped loudly when she jabbed him in ribs, sharply. “There’s no curse, whatsoever, just a lot of bad luck and wrong deal of the hand.”

Kasey groaned, clutching the back of Gabe’s shirt, soaking in as much of his comforting touch as she could before she let go, taking a few steps back to run her hand through her hair.

“So, what do we do?” She asked, moving to stand in front of the window that overlooked the city of Rome. She felt, rather than heard, Gabriel walk up behind her and slip his arms around her waist.

“We help your brothers as much as we can and don’t draw too much attention to ourselves. Should be easy but you never know anymore,” He murmured, burying his face in her neck, praying beyond his Father that nothing comes to harm his wife.

“Why can’t they just go after another Goddess?” She whined suddenly, tossing her head forward until her forehead smashed against the glass, groaning loudly. Gabriel snorted, leading her away from the window and towards the bed with his arms still around her waist, letting them fall backwards until they bounced against the bed and snuggled on the fluff comforter.

“Because, unlike you, my dear wife, are just plain Goddesses. Yes, they’re ancient and yes, they’re Greek but so are the Pagans. However, religion doesn’t really mix well with the Pagans…” He trailed off, not really sure where this was going, and judging by the look Kasey was giving him, she was mostly amused at his attempt to console her.

“You’re really not good at this, babe,” She grinned, wiggling her body a bit so that she was laying on her stomach, her arm propping her head up to look down at him. Gabriel just stuck his tongue out at her, slightly annoyed, making her giggle and swoop down to kiss his nose.

“Thank you for trying to make me feel better,” Kasey whispered, smiling lovingly at him, to which he grinned goofily back at her before planting a firm kiss on her lips. She sighed contently, licking his lips a bit to taste a faint trace of ice cream, before pulling back and cuddling into his chest. They were silently, just laying there in bed with their arms around each other - just enjoying the moment of peace and silence for a bit.

Because, before either of them knew it, they were both being summoned by the Winchesters. Groaning simulationsly, Gabriel rolled out of the bed and left with a snap of his fingers, a small rustle of feathers just for her; Kasey just stayed laying eagle-spread on the comforter before disappearing in a swirl of smoke, silently wondering how they figured out her identity so fast.

She blamed Castiel.