Status: Please comment.

Assassins

Chapter 4: Evil?

When I came home to my apartment I noticed the door was unlocked. My eyes narrowed as I slowly entered and made my way. I carefully walked around quietly, and slowly I pushed the clicker on my rings, allowing the wire to come out.

“Master, I found youuuu!” said a high pitched voice I recognized rather well.

I walked into the kitchen to see Merett; my cleaner I had before I got caught and thrown into jail.

He has thin dark brown hair and coal black eyes behind the glasses he wore. He had his legs prompt up on the table, and you could see his small, slim figure, and going up his wide chest. He had a sinister smile and his aura is dark and I wouldn’t lie, it was all too familiar.

“Dearest Merett,” I said as I came up to him and placed my hand on his cheek, “I knew you’d find me, but how did you so quick?”

“I follow my master where ever she goes, and besides, I am your cleaner.” He said with a sinister grin.
I felt a smile form on my lips.

Merett is the man who cleans up my messes after I kill, and he’s the best cleaner I’ve had. Although how I got him is a different story really. Merett is actually a former assassin and if I recall correctly he was known for his enjoyment in torturing his victims before he kills them. I’d say Merett was an assassin that had more than a few screws loose in his head. He was completely fixated on trying to kill his brother who was virtually impossible to track and find because well, it was his brothers specialty especially after killing. Merett had gotten frustrated with his lack of ability to find his brother despite his skill and so that’s how we met. Long story short, he offered me a deal I could not refuse. He told me that if I found his brother and brought him back to him, he would be my cleaner for as long as I wanted. My curiosity was peaked when he offered me that because cleaners get paid well, and they usually try not to work for only one assassin. Why? Well, because assassins have enemies that could be other assassins as well, and cleaners don’t like the idea of getting associated with someone. It’s a fear really, because assassins who have someone close to them usually end up losing them.

I honestly didn’t believe Merett would keep his word because when I brought him his brother I watched him brutally torture him, and it wasn’t until a week later that he actually killed his brother. He smiled the entire time to, so I didn’t think he would keep his word if he enjoyed taking out someone in the worst way possible.

However once he had killed his brother, he never left my side. He quit picking up jobs and stopped assassinating. It took me awhile to get used to him calling me “master,” especially in that sinister voice of his that makes me cautious.

Funny how I was in prison for years, and yet he still found me when I escaped. He hasn’t been taking on jobs in awhile, but he’s still rather stealthy and slick.

“What took you so long?” He asked pouting.

I rolled my eyes, Like a prison like that would be easy to get out of.

“They spent a great deal of focus on me believe it or not.” I said.

“Huh? Really?” said Merett and he grabbed an apple from the table and took a big bite chomping it furiously.

I sat down on the chair across from him. “Yeah, and funny enough it worked to my advantage.”

“What about Damien?” asked Merett.

I froze.

“I hope he dies in there but I highly doubt it.” I said sighing.

“Cruel words for someone you love.” Chuckled Merett.

I sighed again.

“Well, he did try to kill you, so I guess I understand.” said Merett laughing at it with his dark humor.

“I’ll have to kill him when he gets out.” I said.

“Can you do it?” said Merett with a smirk.

“Yes.” I said firmly.

“Lottie, you should keep your distance from Zane.” Said Merett.

My eyes widened, “And how do you know Zane?” I asked.

“He’s your type, and Damien will go beserk if he see’s.” said Merett.

“He’s not my type.” I said.

“Don’t lie.” said Merett.

I sighed.

“Why didn’t you kill him?” said Merett.

“It wasn’t necessary.” I said.

“It is always necessary if they are around when you take someone out.” said Merett.

“Words of a retired assassin, eh? I can do my job, so do yours.” I said.

“WHOA Master, I’m just sayin’ that it’s better to avoid mistakes.” said Merett in a high pitched excited voice.

I walked away from the kitchen and found myself laying down on my bed. Look, I know it’s dangerous that I kept him alive, and I know I should’ve taken him out. Honestly I really can’t because of how much he reminds me of Damien. Besides, is it really wrong if I were to just keep him around on occasion? I know it won’t be good if I form a connection…
♠ ♠ ♠
Please COMMENT!!!! =) I hope you enjoyed.