Status: Please comment.

Assassins

Chapter 7: I am not a hero

It was 8am, and my email alerted me of new mail.

I opened it and read, “Dear Miss Assassin, we heard from someone you were the best out there. We acquire your service and would like to meet as soon as possible. Will you meet us at the café off of 5th and 6th street? I will be wearing a yellow scarf.”

I typed back, “Yes”

I then slammed it shut and began to ready myself. I brushed my long black hair and as usual while putting on any makeup, red lipstick, mascara, eyeliner, I kept my eye on the upper corner of my mirror to watch behind me. I slipped on black tight pants and equipped my black belt on along with my pretty weapons. My knife, my gun, and of course I never take off my rings.

I walked past Merett who was snoring on my couch and grabbed my keys.

I drove to the café and right away I spotted an older couple in there late 40’s wearing a yellow scarf. I began to get concerned, because it’s not normal for me to meet with couples at all.

I sat down across from them.

“Thank you for coming.” said the woman with short brown hair, glasses, and brown worried eyes.

“Sure.” I said.

The male then said, “I know this might be odd but we have an interesting kind of task for you.”

“Money first.” I responded.

The wife and the husband looked at each other and then handed me two fat envelopes.

“600,000 is in those envelopes.” said the husband.

“We sold our house to afford this.” said the wife.

“I don’t normally see two worried couples wanting to pay me for something. The typical client look is pure hatred and plenty of money.” I said.

The male then began to spoke, “A man, by the name of Lavindie Rachin has our daughter. He kidnapped her on her way home from school and the police haven’t found her and it’s already been three days. We want you to find that man, kill him and save our daughter!”

The wife began crying and her husband put his arm around her.

“I don’t save lives.” I said pushing the money back to them.

The wife’s eyes widened and she pushed the money back to me, “ Then kill that man and tell us where our daughter is and we will pick her up!”

I sighed.

The husband slid a picture of their daughter over to me, and my eyes widened slightly. She looked somewhat familiar….

“How old is she?” I asked.

“Nine, and she’s our only daughter and all we have.” said the wife.

“Let me just make it clear, that I am not a hero and if you ever speak of my name to the police I will kill you and your family.” I said and then brought out my phone and typed in the name of the kidnapper.

Both the wife and husband looked at each other worried.

I then looked up at them and glared. “He’s a world class murder.”

“It’s not that much different from you.” said the husband as he stroked his wife’s arm and held her close.

Assholes.

I laughed, “You are right and wrong about that and let me tell you why. Yes, we both kill people but no we are not alike entirely. Murders are psychotic messed up entirely in the head fucks that go out of their way to murder and kill innocent people for free, and for the pure sense of enjoyment. I get paid a grand amount of money to kill people who have wronged others, and yes, sometimes out of just pure hate and revenge of that individual. I don’t do this for fun, I do it because it’s the best money I’ve ever made. I kill regular people who can’t fight for shit and are sure to lose to me. Now murders are much smarter than normal rich fuck losers who screw everything and everyone around them for money. This murder stuff isn’t my forte.” I said.

“Murders sometimes kidnapped kids and ask for money.” said the mother.

“Yes, but they always get caught because they use traceable technology devices, it’s not the same.” I said.

“Please, I beg of you. She’s all we got, and we don’t want to lose her. We swear we won’t tell the police of your assistance. I beg of you please!” said the husband crying himself.

I took another look at the picture of their daughter, and then sighed, “Fine.”

I took the money and went back in my car and straight home.

I walked in and Merett was sitting on the couch watching TV like a lazy ass.

“New job, Master?” He asked peering up.

I grabbed an apple and chomped into it, then sighed.

“Yes, but not my usual kind.” I said as I grabbed my laptop.

“I need you to grab me a computer with three screens and the best quality of them all.” I said.

“ I’m not your errand boy.” said Merett.

I laughed, “Yeah well, you’re a lazy fuck so do it.”

“LOTTIEEEEE” Merett whined.

I began to type Lavindie Rachin into my computer and began to read up on his history.

“What’s the job?” asked Merett curiously as he began putting on his shoes.

“Killing a world class murder.” I said as I began to hack the police data system to get more information. I then typed in different IP addresses to try and track him with the information I got from the police database. I then smirked and chomped the last bite of my apple, this guy is changing is IP address every two minutes with some fancy software. I smirked.

“Another assassin?” Merett asked.

“No, a psychotic fuck who does it for free.” I said sighing.

“That’s not going to be enjoyable.” Merett said and then laughed and left.

Tell me about it.

I heard my phone buzz and it was Zane.

I texted him, “Working.” Then put it on silent.

I began researching all the places Lavindie had picked up his victims. Neighborhoods, parks, the typical pedophile shit. This is a job for a cop not me, but due to my incredible hacking skills and at finding people I seem to be now attracting all sorts of losers.

I yawned and looked at the clock, it was already 12pm.

I got in my car with my laptop and drove to my client’s neighborhood, and then I drove to all the other places Lavindie had picked up his victims.

To be honest, I’ve been doing this since I was able to hold a knife in my hand and knew what I could do with it. I guess you can say that’s the perks of having a mother who was also an assassin. Finding people is so easy for me that I almost just get too fucking bored on the job. I’m assuming this guy is using a warehouse to kill his victims or he has his own house he does it out of. However, world-class murders aren’t going to be able to spend a lot of time in some nice house pretending to fit in with society. People know who he is, what he looks like, and what he has done. Therefore, it would be a huge waste of time and energy to blend in.

I then began to drive around town and downtown looking around for alleys, warehouses, and old buildings that have been abandoned. By this time it was 5pm, and I continued to drive and drive. I decided to park and research the big baddies family, and track them, because why the fuck not?

“Hmm…”

His mother, a well-known doctor who was stabbed repeatedly by her son when he was fifteen years old. His father worked in a warehouse was found hung, and it was called a suicide. Well great, he killed them both I bet and set off on his own, so this dip shit didn’t even finish school. I read on and then sighed, the police couldn’t find a fifteen year old? How pathetic. He’s 42 years old now and has murdered for 150 girls from the ages of 8 to 23. He likes beautiful young girls like any typical pedophile, murder, whatever.

I looked at the clock and it was now 7pm.

I drove around more making note of all the abandoned places I could find. I got out of my car a few times to walk inside and check it out, and upon finding nothing I crossed it off my list.

I began to drive further from the city looking up warehouses that might be in the middle of nowhere.

It was now 11pm…

“Lavindie Rachin, huh, I wonder if he kills his victims in groups or one at a time.” I said out loud as I rolled down the window.

By the time midnight had hit I found a nice little old mansion over by an abandoned gas station 5 miles apart from each other.

I parked the car a little ways from the mansion, grabbed my black bag full of goodies I’d need to break inside and began my walk to it.

By the time I had reached the door, it was left open.

Great, a very sketchy invitation…

It was pitch black outside and barely any light inside the mansion from what I could see. I dropped my bag at the door. No need for it after all...

The fact that the door was open means that there was probably traps just waiting for me to get caught up in. I could go around and climb up the mansion, break a window, get inside and find the fuck that way. He went out of his way to set up all these traps for me, so I’d hate to disappoint him…

I smirked and walked in the front door.

If anyone else was with me I’m sure they would either call me balsey or far too confident. Either way this job had to get done. Regardless.

Sure enough, I walked in and grabbed out my flashlight since it was barely lit inside. I noticed a good six traps as I glanced around the place.

I could try and sneak by all the traps and find the guy, or I can just set them all off and he’d find me. However, I still feel like he already knows I’m here.

I heard a door to my left creek open and a dark figure disappear in it.

It appears I’m just his type, he doesn’t want me to waste my time on the traps…

I went through that door to see two dead female bodies stripped of there clothes lying on a table with a bright single light on them. Both of them had to be around twenty…one was cut through the neck, and the other most likely bled to dead because he tortured her.

I turned my head away and noticed some stairs up ahead. I walked up the stairs and then paused in my tracks.

The smell of cigarettes…

I used to smoke myself, but due to the fact other assassins can sniff you out I had to quit. But it was quite a nostalgia smell for me.

I noticed bloody hand prints on the wall, I then climbed another set of stairs I saw following the scent of cigarettes.

There was a door slightly open and you could tell the room was lit.

Definitely a trap but I’m down to play his game… I couldn’t help but to chuckle to myself as I opened it slowly.

Fresh blood trailed on the ground and once I had walked in I spotted a cage in the center of the room with the little girl in the picture.

My eyes widened when I saw her, she had reminded me of my younger sister.

Yes, I lied to Zane about not having any siblings, and no, I don’t even want to think of her. My younger sister and I have never gotten along, but I did love her.

When the little nine-year-old girl saw me her bright green eyes filled with water lit up, her brown hair covered in some blood and messed up. Her hands had blood all over them and her clothes were ripped from the cuts. It looked like he had dragged her around the whole warehouse. She had rope around her neck and little drops of blood fell from it.

She began screaming for me to help her.

All I could do was think of how much she reminded me of my sister. My Mother and I had to rescue my little sister before… at a warehouse. She had failed her mission as an assassin and luckily for her she had my mother and I to come save her. To be honest she wasn’t a very good assassin, and I wouldn’t be surprised if she was dead nowadays. I have no idea where she is, and well I don’t care to find out.

I felt the air in my chest tighten.

“My god, you are the most beautiful woman I have ever seen in my life.” A man stepped out from behind a pillar that I assume was Lavindie Rachin. His eyes were like coals that lit up as if smitten for the first time. It almost reminded me of Merett somehow though.

“Yeah well, you’re not my type.” I said calmly.

“You are rather calm and you don’t seem to be afraid of me. Did you come here because you are in love with me?” said Lavindie with a sinister smile on his face and blood all over his ragged blue pants and white shirt.

I let my light blue eyes meet his coal glowing black ones and slowly smiled before speaking, “I have been paid to spill your blood all over this haunted mansion. I hope you can keep me interested with a fight. To be honest, I can’t wait to hurt you.”

Lavindie’s smile fell, but then came back, “Pretty girls like you should be obedient to your master.” He licked his lips and then pulled out a knife.

I pulled out my knife.

“I don’t intend to please you in any other way then spilling your blood.” I replied.

I glanced over at the girl who gripped onto the bars of her cage with her bloody hands squeezing tight along with tears.

In an instant I could see my sister in there.

I shook my head.

He raised his other hand and motioned me to come over.

I looked up to see a trap, and rope hanging down.

I smirked. Giving him a taste of his own medicine, I motioned him to come over to me with one finger.

Seductively I said, “Come and get it.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah I know it's been awhile since I've continued this story. But I always come back. ;] Comment and enjoy.