Status: Completed. For Abby

Every Little Step

cha-cha-charming!

Left up, cha cha cha, right back, cha cha cha. Right up--

"Ow." Chanyeol yelped, his hands dropping from his dance partner's waist.

Abby looked up at him apologetically. "Sorry."

"It's fine." He offered her a small smile of remorse. "Try again?" He brought his hands back up, one resting at the small of her back and the other locking their fingers together. Once the instructor went back to the top of his directions did they begin to sway again. Abby thought the steps to herself as they moved.

Left up, cha cha cha, right back, cha cha, right--

"Aish!" Chanyeol's hands ripped from Abby's body as he turned away in pain. He could feel it coursing up through his big toe and shooting up through his nerves. He muttered a few more curses, releasing the tension he felt from the surprise step. He attempted to shake it off before turning his attention back to his girl.

Abby watched him, feeling tremendously sorry for Chanyeol. It had been her request for them to take a couple's dance class together, however she had underestimated how bad of a dancer she was--even if it was just four steps. Believing that her boyfriend's dancing had improved since his idol career had started, she thought he would be able to carry her through the lesson and the two would have the four steps down packed before leaving. She had assumed it would be like in the movies, them moving fluidly across the floor laughing and having fun. It was ten till the session was over and she couldn't even get through a full eight counts.

He reached out for her once again, but she retracted from him. He looked at her quizzically and moved again, grabbing her hand. She pulled her hand from his limp grip.

"Jagiya?"

"I'm fine," she told him, eyes downcast. "I think I'm ready to go."

"Are you sure?" Chanyeol pulled his phone from his back pocket. "We still have 6 more minutes."

"Sir, no phones!" The dance instructor whisked across the floor, scolding Chanyeol. He quickly stuffed his phone back into his back pocket.

"I'm not feeling well. Can we just go?" Abby told Chanyeol. Chanyeol put his hands on her shoulders for comfort.

"If you're not feeling well, we'll leave." He assured her, pulling her into a hug. He then grabbed her hand and led her off the floor.

***

For most of the car ride back to the apartment, the radio was the only sound between the two. Abby gazed out the window. Chanyeol was fully focused on the road.

As they pulled into their parking space for the complex and he turned off the car, something plagued Chanyeol's mind. He turned to talk to Abby, but she was already out of the car. She started walking towards the elevator.

He threw open the door and called after her. She stopped, but didn't turn to face him. Closing the car door, he jogged after her. He caught up to her. "It was because of me?" he asked out of breath.

She turned to him, shaking her head and hands wildly at him. "No, no! It wasn’t your fault, oppa!"

"Then was it...?" His eyes studied her. She turned away embarrassed.

"I told you I wasn't feeling well," she murmured. "That's what--"

Surprising her, Chanyeol wrapped his arms around her from behind. "Jagi, I know you too well. It was the dancing, wasn't it? Because you couldn't get it."

"You were being so strong, so patient with me. And I kept hurting you."

"Hurting me?"

"I hurt you. I stepped on your foot and it's probably bleeding. Oh god, I'm such a terrible dancer. It was just a bad idea to begin with."

She started to walk away again, but he grabbed her hand and spun her around. His hands were on either side of her face, dangerously close to his. "You could never hurt me, jagiya. Sure, your dancing could use a little work, but no one's perfect. Take it from someone who's still learning."

"But you practice everyday."

"And with my help, you can too."

"I was wrong about this dancing thing--," she was about to argue, but he silenced her with a kiss.

"My feet will heal on their own time, but making sure your heart is okay..." His hands instinctively cradled her waist as he went to dip her. His face went to meet hers. "...that's what matters to me right now." He smiled at her.

How could she say 'no' to him? He just wanted to see her happy. "I guess I could give it another try," she suggested.

"That's my girl!" He brought her back to her feet.

"But--" she began. The idol went back in for another silencing kiss, but she was quick to stop him with a finger. "If I do not improve in a month, we drop this dance thing once and for all."

"I have faith in you, jagiya," he comforted her with a kiss to the forehead. "Don't you believe in me?"

She pressed a kiss to his lips, answering, "More than you know."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you liked it, Abby. Sorry it took so long. Title's based off of the Bobby Brown song.

Again, if anyone else is interested, I'm doing KPOP requests over in my blog here. Fill out the form and I'll write.