Sequel: Dash of Reality

Full Life Circle

Nine

This unit looks a lot nicer than the previous location did, so that’s a step up. But it still isn’t what I see Jon wanting, like I had described to him. And he seemed to think it was him too, so that’s great. I love that I was able to do that based on so little time with him personally.

We got out as Sandra opened the garage door that would take us into the place. The garage is a one and a half car garage, the door to the townhouse is one step up and we enter on the main level. We can see the laundry room immediately to our left and stairs up to our immediate right. Ahead of us are a great room, a bedroom, and a bathroom. We go upstairs to find the kitchen, family room, and dining room on the right side of the stairs. To the left we see the bathroom, two bedrooms including the master and some open space that could be an office area or something similar.

It was an overall decent place, but not what Jon is looking for in any way. This makes me question the realtor’s ability to find him the right home in the long run.

“It’s nice Sandra, but I’ve had a change in heart. I would like to look for a house again. Not exactly what I was looking for with Ande, but what I want. Emily has a pretty good description, won’t you share it with her?” he asks of me so I do. She looks enthralled by the kind of house I am describing. It sounds similar to what Abby and Patrick have but a little higher end.

“I can definitely help you find something like that. It might take me a little while. Why don’t you two go and enjoy lunch while I run to the office to look up some locations. I will give you a call in about an hour so we can discuss where to meet?” we agreed and left the townhouse.

We didn’t find a house for Jon on this lovely Saturday. Sandra was really striking out in my personal opinion. I had described a perfect house and she has taken it down a million notches. Nothing we have seen is what Jon wants. Nothing.

Jon let Sandra a list of what exactly he would want to see in a house and if it didn’t have them all, to not bother showing us. I was in agreement because this woman was stupid. We agreed to meet sometime during the week, most likely I would stay back at the apartment with Brooklyn, but that would be okay. It was his place anyways.

“Are you tired?” Jon asks as we drive back towards Abby and Patrick’s. By the time we had been to the three listings that Sandra suggested, it’s now three pm and we’ve been gone for like six hours. I really owe Abby seeing as this was supposed to be my trial weekend to be with the little girl. I would have to take her to lunch while her kids are gone or something. God knows I can’t afford to feed all four of us, not yet anyways.

“A little, between being frustrated that she can’t see what you are looking for and getting up with Brooklyn this morning, it’s a little much. I just have to get used to it is all. She really is darling and I can’t wait to spend more time with her.” I tell him honestly. I don’t want to lie to him because he’s going to be helping me out a lot financially while I only raise his daughter.

“I’m exhausted. If I drive back to the apartment, would you mind driving over to Abby’s to get Brooklyn? We are closer to the apartment than their house anyways; I can get a workout and then a nap in if that’s okay.” He asks while giving me a small glance. I know he’s nervous to ask because I haven’t officially started or something, but I don’t mind at all.

“That’s fine, Jon. I can handle driving over there to get her. I might stay a while. I haven’t seen my nieces in a while. If that’s okay? I will be back in time to put some kind of dinner on the table.”

“That will be just fine. I would really appreciate you doing dinner. My mom left stuff in the freezer if you just want to throw something in the oven. I haven’t had a good nap since my parents left.”

“It’s not a problem,” he nods while pulling into the underground parking garage for the building. He gets out as do I so I can go around to the driver’s side.

“You don’t need any kind of key to get into the garage, but the spare key to the elevator is in the little cubby on the left side of the steering wheel. The apartment key is on the key ring you have, I have a spare upstairs that I will have to have copied so you can have your own. I’ll see you in a couple hours.” He explains to me before I head out with the car’s GPS pointing me in the right direction seeing as I’ve never actually driven to my sister’s before.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this chapter is so short. The last chapter was really long, so hopefully that makes it okay.