Freezing in Here

It's too cold.

It wasn’t very often when Kennedy managed to get some alone time on tour that wasn’t within his bunk. He figured he got lucky, being in a band where everyone got along almost all the time and could handle being in a cramped space with each other for the better part of a year.

So when Kennedy did get the time alone, he used it to relax or catch up on sleep or do things he’s wanted to do like catch up on TV shows. Today he was narrowing down his ‘To Watch’ movie list while he had the hotel room to himself. He wasn’t actually quite sure where the others were; last he heard was John yelling out ‘food!’ out in the hallway before everything went quiet.

That was three hours, one and a half movies ago.

And as if by some type of perfect timing, as Kennedy happened to be wondering when the guys would get back, the hotel room door banged open as Pat and Garrett ran in before locking the door behind them. The two of them were laughing breathless leaning up against the wall.

Kennedy paused the movie on his laptop and looked over at them amused.

“What did you do?” He asked stretching out on the bed, propping his head up on one hand.

“Told John and Jared we’d race them back to the rooms using the stairs, we waiting until they got to the second floor and went up by the elevator.” Pat laughed.

“We looked down the stair well when we got off the lift; they were still by the fourth floor looking confused.” Garrett snickered and walked over to one of the spare beds and dumped a couple of shopping bags on it. “It’s cold in here.” He added frowning.

“More like freezing. Where is the thermo remote?” Pat asked as he walked towards the small table in the corner by the windows.

“The temperature is fine.” Kennedy shrugged turning back to his computer.

Pat moved around a few things but the remote wasn’t where it was when he left. Garrett looked around and spotted it on the bed next to the one he put his bag on. He picked it up and upped the temperature a few degrees, making the air conditioner beep a couple of times. Kennedy looked up from his computer and frowned.

“What did you put it to?” Kennedy asked, sitting up on the bed.

A burst of warm, almost hot air blasted out of the air vent as Garrett messed around with the fan strength. Kennedy reached over and pulled the remote out of Garrett’s hands with a light tug and checked the settings.

“Dude, that’s way too hot. It’s not snowing outside.” Kennedy said as he turned the temperature down again.

Without warning Pat pinched the remote from Kennedy’s hands and leaped out of Kennedy’s reach pointing the remote at the unit on the wall with a bright grin.

“And that’s way too cold, its winter you know.” Pat stated raising the temp so it was halfway between what the other two were setting it too.

A nice warm stream of air came out of the vent and Pat smiled. He walked over to one of the bed side tables and was about to put the remote down when Garrett jumped on the bed and snatched it from behind.

“Hey!”

Pat spun around and tackled Garrett with a loud yelp as he tried to up the temperature again.

“Give it back!”

“Nope!” Garrett laughed.

The two of them rolled across the bed, Garrett trying to hold the remote out of reach and Pat trying to grab it. Kennedy sighed and walked over to them and took the remote. Before he had the chance to put the settings back on how he originally had it, Garrett grabbed his hand and pulled him down on the bed.

It became a free for all fight for the remote, limbs going everywhere, people getting kneed and elbowed even as they laughed and yelled loudly. The remote was the first to fall off the bed, and then the three of them crashed to the ground in a tangle of bodies with a loud thump. In between the painful groans they still laughed breathlessly.

Kennedy was about to reach out for the remote being that he was the closest when a pair of feet made him pause. He looked up to find Jared standing next to them with his hands on his hips and the door leading to the joining room open. John peaked around the door frame eyes bright with amusement.

“Do you guys want to get us kicked out of hotel?” Jared frowned.

When no one said anything he picked up the remote and with a couple of beeps from the air conditioning unit he set it too the recommended setting and flashed a bright grin. Jared then walked out of the room remote still in hand, ushering John back into their room as he closed the door behind him.

Kennedy, Garrett and Pat lied on the floor silent for a moment before bursting out laughing.

“So do you guys wanna watch a movie?” Kennedy asked snickering.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy Holidays! :D