Snow Day

So good news and bad news...

The sound of muffled voices and people scurrying up and down the bus walkway was enough to disturb Beau out of his sleep. It wasn’t what he was used to being woken up by and it left him feeling confused for a couple of minutes as his brain tried to wake as quickly as his body, while blinking up at the ceiling of his bunk.

On the other side of his curtain someone walked past and opened the door leading into the front area of the bus, the voices were louder, a clear tone of worry was easily noticed in the buzz of hurried chatter. Beau frowned and attempter to make out what people were saying but the door was closed before he caught anything.

Beau frowned up to the ceiling and let himself wake up a little more before tumbling out of his bunk, blanket wrapped around his shoulders. He peaked into the back lounge, finding it empty and headed for the front. As the door opened he spotted almost everyone on the bus spread out between the kitchen and drivers area.

He blinked sleepily and shuffled over to Matt, who happened to be the closest.

“What’s going on?”

“We’re snowed in.” Matt said gesturing to one of the windows. “It’s deep enough that the bus door won’t open.”

Beau blinked in surprise.

“The whole tour is stuck. Go look out the front windows, it’s kinda amazing actually.” Eric said taking a sip of his coffee.

Beau shuffled his way up to the front of the bus, where the bands manager was standing next to the driver, both on their phones. Jared smiled at him in greeting and moved to the side so Beau could look out the window.

Eric was right, it was kind of amazing.

It was hard to tell how high it was on their bus being in it, but it was clear as day how snowed in the other tour busses were that was parked in front of them. On one of the busses the tires were unable to be seen and the others was only just showing. So much for the ‘small’ storm that was forecasted for last night.

Beau was extremely happy they weren’t in the van, now that would have been scary.

As Beau was still taking the view in with wide eyes, the bands manager ended the call he was in and whistled to get everyone’s attention.

“So good news and bad news. Good news; we will be dug out and be able to head to the next venue today. Bad news; we might have to wait a couple of hours before we can go anywhere, sounds like most of the area is covered in deep.”

There were a bunch of groans and complaints, a couple of cheers. Beau glanced over at Jared, who shrugged.

“At least we have an internet connection. Wanna watch a movie while we wait?” Jared suggested.

“May as well. Let me just get some coffee first.” Beau agreed with a smile.

Jared grinned back and started waking his way through the crowd of people in the small space.

“Movie session in the back lounge, last one in to watch makes the popcorn!” Jared yelled.

Beau laughed as there was a mad dash towards the back of the bus. As he waiting for the coffee machine to start up he went back to his bunk to dump the blanket and grab his phone to take pictures. Another tour story to add to the ever growing list.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy Holidays! :D