Status: Completed; for Sydney

Getaway for Lovers

an american girl

“Are you ready?” Myungsoo asked, standing outside of the tiny beach-dressing tent.

“I just need a few more minutes…” Sydney replied. She turned her attention back to the mirror, reviewing the swimsuit she wore. It was an artsy looking two-piece and was fit to her size. While she had picked out the outfit for their beach date, she began to have second thoughts.

It was not that she didn’t love her body, but like any other girl, she had her insecurities. She wondered if she were perhaps taking it too far with this change thing.

She ran a hand through her hair. Earlier in the week, she had made the big decision to cut it. What was once a long mop now was a short chic bob hairstyle. She loved it. She felt it made her edgier. Myungsoo had even called her ‘sexy’ when he first saw it.

The swimsuit was just another step in the process of coming into her skin. She sighed.

“Sydney?”

“Five more minutes, oppa,” she called out. Panicky, she reached for her phone and texted her best girl friend.

I don’t know if I’m ready for him to see me in this swimsuit. I’m freaking out! ☹

Almost immediately did her phone beep with a reply. She picked it up and read it.

Calm down. Snap and send me a photo of what you look like.

She did as asked and sent it.

Doll, you look gorgeous! Myungsoo is going to go ga-ga after he sees you.

Are you sure? I—

Before Sydney could finish her reply, her friend typed back.

You are an American girl. You exude confidence, mama! Now go out there and strut your stuff! ☺

Sydney couldn’t help but laugh at her friend’s reply. She had been so overcome by the comment; she hadn’t realized how loud she had been.

“Is everything okay in there?”

She quickly covered her mouth, nodding. Then she remembered he couldn’t see her. “Yeah, I’m coming.”

Her nerves had been erased to a degree. She took a deep breath, packed up her things in her beach tote, and exited the dressing tent.

The sun blinded her as she exited. “Wow,” she heard Myungsoo say. Her eyes settled and she was able to see his expression, his jaw hanging. She sucked in her breath and put her hand on her hip, striking a pose, hoping to give her more strength.

“What do you think?” she asked him.

His astonished look softened into a loving smile. He approached her. And just when their bodies were inches apart, he leaned into her.

“You’re beautiful, jagi,” he whispered, pecking her lips. Reactive, she broke into a toothy grin.

He stood straight and dug into his own beach bag. He removed two leis and threw one around her neck, tossing the other around his own. He then reached out for her hand. “To the beach?” he asked her. She nodded mute and allowed herself to be pulled out to the waves by him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wait, there's more... ☺