Status: completed; for Nikki

What You Want

and here's the way.

"Umma, you're hurting me," Kyung-joon called out as his mom dragged him up the stairs by his arm.

"You don't even know the word," Nikki huffed. She dropped his arm and keyed in the code on the door keypad. The door clicked open and she resumed her death grip on the eight year old's arm.

She dropped him at the couch, crossing the room to put her purse on the island. She let out a breath of frustration, pushing her hair back from her forehead. She looked at the child across the room. He stared back at her before daringly sticking his tongue out at her.

"Oh, no you don't," she waggled her finger at him, "When your dad gets home, you are going to be in a world of trouble."

"Appa's coming home today?" the boy asked, now seemingly precious.

"Yes," she confirmed, "but nothing's gonna save you after he hears all the trouble you've been getting into."

He frowned, locking his hands together, pleading. "Please don't tell him about school today. He promised we would go play baseball and get ice cream if I was good while he was gone!"

She shook her head at him. She went and kneeled before him. "Joon, do you think it's fair if you are rewarded for doing something bad?"

"Ne?" he challenged her.

She choked back a laugh from him, remaining serious, "You know it's not. Now, it's not that your a bad person or that I don't love you, but Appa has to know."

He looked down, playing with the tails of his school blazer. "But ice cream..."

"...will be there when your attitude changes," she comforted him, rubbing his kneecap. "Arrassuh?"

After a beat of silence, he answered weakly, "Arrassuh."

Nikki stood up, ruffling the boy's hair. "Now, go get started on your homework," she pointed down the hallway to the boy's room.

"Arassuh," he repeated somberly before walking back to his room.

***

Nikki had put Joon to bed for the night. She stood out on the balcony of the apartment, drinking a glass of wine. She had kicked off her heels and was enjoying the cool stone against her feet.

"Here you are." Yoochun's voice tickled her ear. His hands cupped her waist as he brought his chin to rest on her shoulder. "How are you?"

"Oh, I don't know," she gave him the remainder of her glass, turning to face him. "I guess better since you showed up, yeobo."

He downed the remainder, placing the glass on the table. Yoochun put hooked a finger under her chin, bringing her lips to his. Nikki licked her lips as they separated. "Much better," she confirmed as he went for her neck.

"So, how have you and Joon been?" he asked in between kisses.

"I've been good..."

He stopped, looking at her. "And Joon?"

Her gaze looked elsewhere, but him. "He's been..."

"In trouble? Again?" Yoochun finished. His hands fell from her waist as he started to walk away. He pushed his hair back, studying her. "What was it this time?"

"Gum, in a girl's hair." Nikki mimicked the action.

"Seriously?" he sighed. She nodded. Yoochun reached for the sliding door, ready to give his son a talking to, but Nikki stopped him.

"I don't think he meant it, yeobo."

"Really now? How do you know?"

She smiled up at him from beneath her dark bangs. "It's the same girl. It's been the same girl."

Yoochun's mouth formed an 'o' shape, letting out a small gasp. His arms wrapped around his wife's waist once again. "So, he....?"

She fixed his collar, nodding in response. "I'm sure of it. I was a little hard on him earlier, till I put two and two together." She put a finger to her lips in a thinking fashion. "But one thing still escapes me though."

Yoochun looked down at her. "And what's that?"

"Where did he get it from?" Her eyes met his, her brow raising.

He shook his head, waving his hands wildly in front of her. "Don't look at me."

She mimed him, teasingly. "He doesn't get it from me. I always find a way to get what I want." She smirked at him.

Yoochun couldn't help but break into a wide grin at the comment. He hooked an arm over her shoulder, pulling her body closer to his and breathing in the scent of her shampoo. "God, I wish I was home more often. Do you think Joon would act this way if I was?"

"I think he would have eventually acted out this way, whether you were here full time or not. Besides, if you were home more often, I think our relationship wouldn't have been as strong as it is now."

"How so?"

"I miss you a lot when you're gone, but when you come home, I appreciate you a lot more," she elaborated.

"You're right," he said, surprising her.

Nikki wrinkled her nose confused. "About what?"

He spun her around so she stood toe-to-toe with him, his arm hooking around her waist, pulling her close so their breath mingled. "You always find a way to get what you want," he answered before giving her a hard kiss.

She pulled back, glancing up at him through her full eyelashes. "I could teach you a thing or two," she teased.

"Really now?" his brow crooked before he leaned in, silencing her again with his "charm."
♠ ♠ ♠
for Nikki.

I think I'm all written out for the day. But this family chapter cute, though. ☺ I'll catch up on the rest of y'all hopefully tomorrow with fresh ideas.