Status: I hope you enjoy my story :)

Gwen

Chapter One

I grinned leaning against the window of the living room - my nose pressed against the burrow window. Pulling my face away from the window as someone join’d me - I raised my eyebrow staring at Fred with his nose pressed against the warm glass window.

“Come on, Gwen!” Fred laughed with his nose still against the window. “I thought that we were acting like pigs for Olive’s arrival,” I grinned, pressing my face back against the window. I sighed in aggravation, what was taking them so long? I was practically shaking as I awaited for one of my best friends: Olivia Jeffery.

“Guinevere Victoria Weasley and Fred Fabian Weasley, I’ve just washed those windows!” Our mother shouted, swatting us with a dish towel. We laughed ducking away from the towel - I caught sight of the old Ford Anglia driving up the dirt ridden driveway.

I followed Fred’s lead and ducking away from another swat, running out the open door - our father had just walked through. I skidded to a stop mid run before turning back around and walking into the house, seeing my dad sitting at the the head of the table talking to my mom- I bent down kissing his cheek gently, wrapping my arms around his neck and squeezing gently.

“Thanks, Daddy!” I nearly shouted before dashing out of the burrow.

“Gwen!” Olive shouted, rushing towards me I could almost hear the desperate tone in her voice. Olive and I prattled on, moving away from the blue Ford Anglia leaving George to join Fred to carry Olive’s luggage.

“Where do you two think your going!” Fred shouted towards our backs. Olive and I held hands, swinging our connected fingers back and forth. We headed towards the small pond a few feet away from the burrow.

“To talk about girly things,” I called back - causing Olive to erupt into giggles, I watched as her face redden. My heart went out to her. Reaching the small tree near the pond, we took a seat underneath - grabbing a red apple from the low branches.

I stared at her for a moment, wondering what she was thinking - Olive took a bite from her apple, juice dripping from the corner of her lips. We sat there for a moment in silence - it seemed that she was reluctant to talk.

“How was being home?” I questioned softly, she looked away from me - I gripped her hand tightly, Olive turned towards me with a shrug. I never understood why she didn’t stay at home during the summers longer than four weeks and always decided that she would rather be with us Weasley’s … why would anyone want to do that? I have no idea.

“Soo,” Olive questioned, trying to brush off the question. “Have you heard from Orion?” Her already tanned skin turned a light blush of red and her blue-grey eyes held a certain light in her eyes. I raised my eyebrow.

“I have,” I said with a nod - watching her face as I said so. “He messaged to tell me that he’d met us at Diagon Alley. Oh and Anne will be here tomorrow along with Hermione.”

“Oh,”

I nodded with a large smile spreading across me - I watched as she picked at her apple, her usual smile was turned upside down.

“What’s wrong?” Olive shook her head, I sat my hands gently over hers that still picked at the apple.

“Gwen,” She whispered, tears filling her eyes though she seemed to be willing them not to fall. “You’re lucky to have the family that you have.” Olive whimpered slightly.

“What’s wrong, Oli? You’re worrying me.” Olive rubbed her eyes.

“It’s fine, it really is. It’s just that my family they don’t understand.” I watched my best friend as she tried to explain to me how her family life was - my heart broke into a million pieces as I watched her, the tears finally began to fall.

“What do you mean?” I chewed on my bottom lip, agitation was eating me from the inside out - waiting for her answer, I could see the gears turning in her mind of an answer.

“My step-brother,” she whispered. “His name is John Jr and he hates me because I’m different and that isn’t even half of it.” Olive looked up and out of the hills as she thought of her family.

“Gwen and Olive!” Ginny yelled from just outside the kitchen door. “Lunch time!” I groaned, standing up whipping off my butt and holding out my hand for Olive to grab. The two of us made our way back towards the burrow - I stopped mid step thinking that I’d probably tell her.

“Oli, do you remember Fleur Delacour?” I questioned rubbing the back of my neck.

“Fleur Delacour? You mean the champion from Beauxbatons Academy?” She questioned, trying to rid her face of the tear stains.

“Yes,” I noticed with a soft smirk. “Well, Bill and Fleur kind of been dating for the past year or so,” She stared at me with wide eyes.

“You mean Fleur is with your brother and your brother is with Fleur?” I nodded with a nervous giggle.

“And they are engaged and she is living with us.. Mum is annoyed with her and Ginny and I call her Phlegm,” Olive laughed, hard. I swear that snot was going to rocket from her nostrils. “You’ll see you’ll be sick of her within a week.” I mumbled, starting my way back up towards the burrow.

By the time I was halfway to the burrow as Olive ran her way towards me - small giggles leaving her mouth. “I never thought that Bill would be Fleur Delacour’s type,” I raised my eyebrow as she let out another set of giggles.

“If I’m not mistaken,” I paused for a moment in my spot. “You once had a crush on both Bill and Charlie in third year.” Olive stared at me with wide eyes, her cheeks burning red, the blush traveled down her neck and up her forehead.

“Ahaha,” Fred laughed from behind us. “Did you hear that, George?” We turned around slowly, I had no idea that Olive’s face could turn even redder.

“I did indeed, Fred!” George let out a small laugh, shifting slightly from foot to foot. “Our dear, Oli has had a crush on our brothers Bill and Charlie,”

“I wonder which Weasley is next,” Fred smiled at Olive with a wink before walking into the burrow closely followed by George. Olive and I turned towards each other slowly, our eyes wide with surprise. I began giggling uncontrollably as we stared at each other - she smacked the back of my head softly before storming into the burrow, blush still covering her face.
♠ ♠ ♠
You guys are beautiful! I think everyone deserves to hear that! I hope you enjoy my story, I would like some feedback and what you think of this story so far :)