Status: A work in progress, enjoy <3

The Liar & the Honest

Chapter One | Adeline Bennett

Adeline paced back and forth, readying herself for her sixth year of Hogwarts - waiting for her siblings criticism about how she would be a disappointment of her parents, that she was a pureblood and shouldn't be hanging around mudbloods. She felt her heart sink as Sebastian knocked on her open bedroom door, giving her a soft smile before taking a seat on her freshly made bed.

“What do you want?” Adeline hissed, continuing to pace, wondering what her brother would like to talk about with her - he had already made it clear that he didn’t want her to be friends with Jacey.

Sebastian’s dark hair fluttered against his face as he let out a sigh that told Adeline that he held remorse. “Addie,” He started, his deep green eyes stared at her for a moment before he standing up, he seemed as if he didn’t know what to do. “We shouldn’t be telling you who to be friends with or not to be friends with but we just want what is best for you. What if the Dark Lord found out that you are befriending Gryffindor’s and mudbloods?” He questioned, Adeline set her jaw, she watched her older brother with a mixture of hate and love.

“The Dark Lord can shove a stick up his ass,” Adeline mumbled before taking a seat on her trunk.

“Adeline Alexandria Bennett, don’t you speak that way about our Lord,” She glared at her brother - watching as he made his way to her bedroom door, he turned on his heel with a smirk. “You will not be going to Kings Cross with Mill’s this year, in fact you will be going with the Thompson’s and Greengrass’s and you will sit with them and not your mudblood friend,” She rolled her eyes, standing up from her seat on her trunk - grabbing ahold of her trunk, pulling it behind her with great difficulty.

Adeline reached the bottom of the stairs with a humph, she let her trunk go on the last two steps. It skidded across the entrance hall, hitting the wall next to the door. She let a satisfactory smirk replace the annoyed frown. She made her way through the unnecessary large house towards the kitchen at the back of the house, walking into the kitchen she caught the sight of her siblings around the large island whispering to each other, they turned towards her when they heard her approaching footsteps.

She pushed her dark curling hair out of her face with a grin and an eyebrow raised. “Who's taking the Thompson’s and Greengrass’s and I to the train station?” Adeline questioned, her siblings looked at each other before Emilia stood up, her bright red hair pulled up into a tight ponytail and out of her green eyes.

“I will, go get Cecelia and Jonathan, the Thompson’s and Greengrass’s should be here shortly,” Adeline sighed in frustration before turning back around on her heels, making her way through the halls again - reaching the staircase, she sighed in relief seeing Cecelia and Jonathan coming down with their trunks.

Adeline took a seat on her trunk again, she crossed her legs with her elbow sat on her thigh, watching as her brother and sister used magic to levitate their trunks to the bottom of the stairs. Cecelia is eighteen and a seventh year, she held dark waving hair with blue-gray eyes, Jonathan is seventeen and a seventh year with Cecelia, he held dark blond curling hair that reached a little over his shoulders with light grey eyes.

“Addie?” Cecelia shouted from a few feet from her, she was waving her hands wildly, she must have been trying to get Adeline’s attention for quite a few minutes.

“Yes, Cece?” She answered back softly, staring at the dark headed sister, Cecelia sighed in anticipation, she glared at her younger sister with distaste for a moment.

“Will Orion be coming with us for the ride to Kings Cross?” The older girl asked with a small giggle escaping from her lips. Adeline raised her eyebrow at her sister before turning towards a laughing Jonathan.

“Yes, Sebastian informed me that both the Thompson’s and the Greengrass’s will be accompanying us and I have to sit with them on the train,” Adeline groaned as Cecelia continued to giggle, blushing slightly, Jonathan continued to laugh before taking a seat next to Adeline, shouldering her slightly.

“You don’t sound too ecstatic about that Addie,” She shot him a glare with a smile forming at the corner of her lips.

“Shush it, Jace,” Adeline laughed, he laughed along with her, wrapping his into a hug. “Since when did Cece have a crush on Orion Thompson?” Jonathan looked at Cecelia with a smirk.

“I think she think’s that Orion is hot,” Jonathan explained, Adeline stared at him for a moment before shaking her head. The Thompson’s, Greengrass’s families would have dinners with Adeline’s family when her parents were alive, when Sebastian took over the house, the family dinners became less and less until they became nonexistent. Adeline believes that Sebastian wants to get the families together because he is realizing as she gets older, she keeps the mudblood around.

Adeline jumped, the doorbell bring her out of the memories of the family dinners, and laughter that use to ring through the house. She stood up slowly, twisting the door knob opening the door - revealing a hyper Hugo and a silent Orion. Adeline nodded towards the boys with a grin, opening the door wider to let the both of them in. Orion had dark brown short hair with kind brown eyes with fair skin and thin face with high cheekbones. Hugo had the same facial structure as Orion - thin faced and high cheekboned, he had short sandy blonde hair with brown eyes that seemed to be as if a thought had just crossed his mind.

Adeline shot a wink at Jonathan, he shook his head, she laughed as she gripped Orion’s hand pulling him into her with a grin, he looked around slightly confused, Adeline stood up on her toes - cupping her hands around Orion’s ear. She looked sideways towards Cecelia to see her watching the two of them, her hands curled in angry. “Cece, likes you,” Adeline giggled in Orion’s ear before pulling away.

Orion grinned, he was pleased though he didn’t like her back, he felt special that someone liked him. Jonathan, Adeline, and Hugo watched Cecelia blush at Orion, who stared at her with the grin still spread across his face.

Adeline sighed, shaking her head - the doorbell rung, she opened the door to be greeted by two girls that Adeline disliked, one more than the other. Astoria had dark wavy brown hair, fair skin, a heart shaped face with grey eyes. Daphne had dark brown straight hair with dark brown eyes and olive skin. Adeline looked sideway as she felt someone standing there, she grinned at a towering Hugo, he smiled back. Hugo always understood Adeline, her dislikes, her likes, and why she does the things she does. Hugo took her hand in his as Adeline greeted the two girls.

“Daphne, Astoria,” Adeline nodded, opening the door wider for the girls, they slipped through - just as rest of Adeline’s siblings came through the hall.

“Ready to go?” Emilia asked the group of teenager, who all answered in unison. Hugo helped Adeline with her trunk, his was already put in the car, he grinned at her - Adeline blushed slightly, she never noticed how attractive he was - behind Adeline and Hugo was Jonathan, Daphne, and Astoria. Daphne and Jonathan seemed to be flirting, Adeline gagged her mouth slightly.

Orion made his way out of the Bennett Household, as one of his feet crossed the threshold, he felt Cecelia grip his hand - pulling Orion towards her, she grinned as she pushed him against the door, he stared at Cecelia with shock written on his face. Cecelia reached up on her toes, cupping Orion’s face, she pushed her lips against his - Orion’s eyes opened wide before they began to close and he began to kiss back.

Cecelia smirked at him, she pulled away as he stood there with his back still plastered the the front door. She laughed before gripping her wand and whispering a spell. Cecelia’s trunk floated up, following her towards the car, with a satisfied grin plastered across her face.

Adeline watched as her sister walked down the pathway with a grin on her face, she shook her head, leaving Hugo there to put her trunk in the car. She raced up the pathway towards the house, to see a slightly disturbed Orion though he also looked slightly please.

“Did Cece kiss you?” Adeline asked, and he nodded. Adeline took a hold of his hand, pulling him away from the door and down the pathway. “Yeah, she does that,”