Status: A work in progress! Enjoy!

The Transfer

Chapter One

Esmerelda was sound asleep in the bedroom that she shared with her twin sister. The room wasn't really unpacked all that much yet. Most of their things were still packed away in boxes, but that didn't matter. They had all of their school supplies already packed away in their trunks-- their mother would fuss with arranging the house. This was the second time they moved into a new house over the summer. They had left France because their father had gotten a better offer back in the states at the first school they ever attended, Old Salem Academy of Magic. Esmerelda couldn't have been happier to be going back, it wasn't like she didn't have any friends in France, but she had more of her best friends in the states. Unlike her sister Colette, she couldn't just make friends with a snap of her fingers so going back to where she already had friends was a great feeling. But as soon as they got to the house, as soon as they were almost settled-- their father got offered the job to teach the class of Nocturnal Creatures at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Their father couldn't turn it down, he had graduated from there.

So frustrated wasn't a good enough word to describe how Esmerelda felt about two moves in one summer. She couldn't wait to be done with school, she wouldn't have to keep moving around. It wasn't like she didn't like her family, she loved her family. But she hated the fact that she seemed to be the only one who had a problem with moving around so much.

"Esmerelda, Colette!"

Esmerelda groaned, and pulled her dark purple comforter tighter around herself. She wasn't a morning person, the only person who was a morning person was her father. And he had already left, he had gone to the school two days early. To set up his classroom to his liking and his office too. So it was up to their mother to see them off to the Hogwarts Express.

"Esme," Colette grumbled from her side of the room, "Get up."

Esmerelda sighed and pushed her blanket off of her, and rolled out of her bed. She walked over to the her trunk, she had placed a change of casual clothes to wear to the train on top of the trunk. She turned and stretched as she looked to see what Colette was wearing.

The two of them looked practically the same, the only obvious difference was their hair color. Esmerelda go their fathers blonde hair, and Colette got their mother's dark brown hair. But other than that, there was no difference between the two of them besides their personalities.

"Are you sure you've got everything?" Esmerelda asked, "Last year you forgot a few things."

Colette sighed, forcing back a yawn. "I'm sure I've got everything," she stated, "You helped me make sure last night, remember?" she replied, smirking a bit as she straightened her shirt.

Esmerelda rolled her eyes as she quickly began to change. After she had changed into a blue t-shirt and jeans, she threw her hair up into a quick ponytail. Then she put her bag with a book to read, money, and a set of robes to change into on her shoulder. The two girls then dragged their trunks behind them to the dinning room, their mother sat at the table with a prophet in front of her, her dark hair fell in neat, natural curls down her shoulders. And she wore her favorite ruby red cloak over a black shirt and black pants.

Colette groaned, "Mother, can't you at least try to blend in with the muggles?"

Their mother turned and looked up at the two of them, "What do you mean? This isn't too different to them, is it?"

"The cloak is a bit much, mum." Esmerelda sighed, their mother had never been very good at hiding the fact that they weren't like other muggles. It didn't bother Esmerelda all that much, but it bothered Colette to the point where sometimes she wouldn't even go anywhere with their mother if they would be the only witches there.

Their mother sighed and drummed her fingers on the table for a moment, "Fine, I'll lose the cloak." she said as slipped it off and put it on the back of the chair she was seated on. "Have you each got your money so you can get something to eat while you're on the train?" she asked.

Esmerelda nodded.

"Yeah, we do." Colette replied as she tapped her bag.

Their mother smiled, "Alright then, we should get going then."

* * *


Once they arrived to the platform, Esmerelda suddenly understood her father's fascination with the way students got to Hogwarts. Every time they were at a different school, their father would say something like that's nothing like the Hogwarts Express, every single time he'd say something like that. The train it self was bright red, practically the same shade as the cloak that their mother had been wearing. The golden letters spelled out Hogwarts Express, and there were students in the windows reaching down to give their parents or friends a high five. The platform was crowded with students with their luggage and their families, a few of them had animal crates with them too while they greeted friends and said goodbye to their parents.

Colette and Esmerelda hurried to the growing line to get luggage on the train, but the younger students stepped aside because they were older and didn't want to make enemies with seventh years-- even though they wouldn't have said anything if they had to wait.

The two of them made their way back to their mother quickly, she already had tears threatening to spill over and run down her face. "I just can't believe it! My babies are already seventh years!" she said as she sighed heavily.

"It's not like you'll never see us again, mum." Esmerelda stated as their mother gave her a big hug and then gave Colette one too.

"Yeah, we'll right as soon as we can tonight." Colette smiled.

She smiled, "Of course you will," she sighed, "Be sure to tell your father I say hello." she added.

Esmerelda nodded as the trains whistle sounded, telling students to board the train. The two girls said their last goodbyes, and quickly turned and hurried to the train. If they had stuck around much longer, their mothers' goodbyes would have kept going on and on and they may have missed the train.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you enjoyed the first chapter! Don't forget to Recommend, Subscribe, and Comment!

Stay classy! (ALSO THIS STORY IS ALSO ON MY WATTPAD ACCOUNT, Little_Mickey!)