Status: Active

Everything Will Change

Chapter 10

Another week went by and nothing much changed. It was the same old stuff as before. I was still going to work everyday and was spending most of my free time with Ashton since I didn't want to hang around Michael anymore.

Dear Ashton. He started acting weird around me after we kissed in his car the night he picked me up from the station. I thought it was absolutely adorable, just like everything else about him. He would avoid looking at me in the eyes and he would blush everytime I said nice things to him.

It is no suprise that the kiss was never mentionned again though. And honnestly, I wished we had talked about it after it happened because I truly enjoyed it and I found myself craving for his lips the entire week that followed that special moment.

I didn't know why I couldn't stop thinking about that kiss. What made it so special? I kissed many boys and girls in my life and I've never made a big deal about it. A kiss never meant anything to me. It was only for the fun of kissing to whatever it would lead to. Why was it different with Ashton? Why did I find myself wishing I could kiss him over and over again?

Maybe I liked him, maybe I liked Ashton more than a friend... No, impossible because Luke Hemmings has never liked people that way, he has never let anyone in and has never broken down his walls for anyone. It wouldn't be any different with Ashton. Ashton couldn't have changed me that much. I couldn't let that happen, people can't change me.

As for Michael, he tried to contact me more than once, but I wouldn't answer his calls or reply to his multiple messages. He first wanted to make sure I was okay since he heard about the police thing. He felt bad about it and wanted to make sure I wasn't in big trouble. How nice of him... He also wanted me to come to his house and have our little dose of fun. I resisted even though it was very tempting. Maybe something else was stopping me from going to him...or someone.

Fortunately he stopped texting after a few days. He must have realized that I wasn't going to answer anytime soon and he got bored. He must have already found another pretty guy to get in his bed by now.

I think thhe main reason I didn't want to hang out with him anymore was because of what I told the cops. I knew it wouldn't be long until he would hate me. My fake story put him in major trouble when he didn't do anything wrong, well almost.

I needed time to be on my own. Since Ashton wanted to be on his own to play the drums a little, I took it as an opportunity to go in the small park near the beach. I needed to think about everything: Ashton, Michael, myself. So much happened in my life. So many events that I wasn't used to happened and it felt weird.

Then, two guys I have never seen before showed up in the park and walked in my direction. They were big and tall and wear wearing baggy clothes along with gold chains and rings. They scared me a little to be honnest. But I didn't make a big deal about it. Maybe they just wanted to hang in the park as well. I was wrong.

I didn't see it coming. Little did I know that one of the guys grabbed me by the collar while the other one punched me right in the face, just under my left eye. It thought it would stop there. Unfortunately, it didn't.

The bigger guy let me fall to the ground. I lightly knocked my head on the banch in the process. Then, they started to kick every single part of my body. They mainly kicked in the ribs, the face and the stomach since those body parts are the ones that cause the most pain.

I've been beaten in the past, but never as much as I was being beaten at the moment. I tried not to cry, but it hurt too much that I soon turned into a sobbing mess. What have I done to those guys to deserve all of this violence? I was just sitting by myself, daydreaming. I wasn't hurting anyone, was I?

After what seemed like an hour, the beating finally stopped. I had blood all over my face and I felt broken. I felt like my entire body was broken.

"That is what you get when you try to mess up with Michael. Did you really think that you could get away withtout any consequences, you stupid liar? If you tell anyone about what happened tonight, we are going to end you for good, loser," one of the guys said.

They left the park as their job here was done. They were leaving me on my own, crying and unable to move.

It all made sense to me. This was Michael's revenge. I knew it would happen. I had it coming, this was all my fault. I deserved it. I tried to stand up, but everything in me hurt so I gave up.

I needed help. I needed someone to bring me back home. I was so scared those guys would come back. The only person I could call was Ashton.

Just grabbing my phone in my front pocket caused me absolute pain. I dialed Ashton's number, hoping that he would be done playing the drums so he could hear his phone rang.

"Luke?" he asked. Thanks God he answered.

"H-help me Ash," I replied. "I-I can't move."

"Luke, what happened? Where are you?" Ashton asked nervously.

" I can't t-tell you or they'll kill me Ash... I'm in the p-park by the beach. Please h-help me," I answered.

"Hold on, I'm coming," he said before hanging up.

I kept crying, being very thankful that Ashton answered my call. If he hadn't, nobody would have found me and I would have been stuck on the cold ground all night long.

Five minutes later, I saw Ashton's car, well his mother's. He got out of it and his eyes found me in a second. He ran in my direction. He was panicking.

"Oh my, Lukey! What happened to you?" he asked sadly as he kneeled next to me.

"I got b-beaten up for being the stupid guy I am," I replied.

"Lukey, you're covered in blood and bruises. You need to tell the police, we need to get you you the hospital," Ashton said nervously. I could see his eyes were getting watery.

"No, please, just bring me home... Please Ash, I just want to go home, clean up and sleep... Please..." I begged.

"Okay, but I'm taking you to the hospital first thing tomorrow," he agreed.

He helped me to stand up. The pain was intense, I could barely make a move without crying in pain, even with Ashton's help. It took us more than 5 minutes to reach his car because every step I took was too painful to be true.

When we finally reached his car, he opened the passenger's door and helped me get in it and buckle myself up. When he was done, he ran to the driver's side of the car and got in it. He saved me.

"T-thanks for p-picking me up Ash, you're always there when I need you, you're like a guardian angel," I said as we hit the road.

"You're more than welcome. Serioulsy Luke, I'm so sorry about whatever happened to you, you didn't derserve that at all, I'm so freaking sorry. I wish I could have had stop it," he replied sadly.

"It's okay Ash, at least you're there now,"I assured him.

The last thing I wanted was to make him feel guilty. He had nothing to do with this except being the one who saved me.

"No Luke, it's not. I just care about you so much and seeing you all covered in bruises and blood breaks my heart more than anything. Someone as beautiful as you doesn't deserve this. I wish I could take your pain away, Luke..." Ashton said before he started crying heavily.

We finally got home and fortunately, the adults were asleep. I wouldn't have wanted them to ask dumb questions about where I was and what happened to me. I didn't want anyone to know about my condition but Ashton. He was the only person I could really trust.

Ash took me upstairs. We had to stop at each step of the staircase because it was too painful for me. When we finally reached the top, he led me to our bathroom and locked the door behind us. He made me seat on the counter and began taking off my shirt and my pants.

He had calmed down, but the tears came back as he scanned my body. The view truly was horrible. I could see myself in the mirror in front of me. It was scary and worst than I thought it would be. I had bruises everywhere: my face, my stomach, my arms, my legs... My face was covered in blood due to the amount of blood that came out of my nose. I understood why Ash was crying, I would have done the same if I had been in his pants.

He grabbed a small towel in the drawer and rinsed it with cold water. Carefully, he removed all of the blood that was on my face. It hurt, but it wasn't too bad. I just appreciated what he was doing for me when he didn't have to do it at all. He truly was an amazing guy.

Not a word was said, there wasn't any place for a discussion. When he was done cleaning my face, he did something I didn't expect him to do. As he kept crying, he started kissing tenderly every single one of my bruises, not missing a single one. It was not going to make them go away, but it felt good. His affection and his tenderness made me feel a little bit better.

He gave me a small smile and I smiled back the best that I could. He helped me get down from the counter and led us to our bedroom. I was exhausted, but I didn't want to be alone. I needed more comfort. He helped me lay down under the sheets of my bed beforeputting them back on me. As he was about to leave my side to get in his own bed, I weakly grabbed his hand.

''Sleep with me, please? I-I don't want to be alone,'' I demanded.

He nodded and got under the sheets, by my side. He lightly took me in his arms as if I was a fragile doll he was afraid he would break. He cared so much about me, I could feel it. His eyes were locked on mine and I could see so many great things in them. I could get lost in them. I couldn't deny it anymore.

I was starting to really really like Ashton. I could see so many beautiful things in him. He was always there for me, he wasn't judging me. He accepted me the way I was. I always found myself wanting to hang out with him. The moments I feel the most appreciated and great are when I'm with him. I needed him more than I could imagine.

If someoe had told me I would have been doing this thee months ago, I would have laughed. But it was different now, I wanted it. That's how I wanted it to be. I lightly pressed my lips on Ashton's. My move took him by surprise but he found himself kissing me back in a matter of seconds. It was just a sweet and tender kiss. It didn't hurt at all. It felt so right and comforting. I knew that this was where I should be and where I wanted to be.

''Thank you for everything Ash,'' I whispered as his lips left mine.

''I'll always be there for you Luke, you mean so much to me,'' he replied.

''You mean so much to me too,'' I said.

He pecked my lips once more, caressing my cheek lightly. It sent lots of tiny butterflies down my stomach. I didn't want those butterflies to fade away. I was already getting addicted to them.

And with that, we both fell asleep. He made it, Ashton made it. He made me want to be good, he made me want to be a better person. And for him, I truly was ready to do everything it would take to make him happy. I knew Ashton was too good for me and that he deserved someone who's way better than me, but I didn't want to let him go, not anymore.

For the first time of forever, I cared about someone that wasn't me. For the first time in forever, I had true feelings for someone. And I wouldn't have it any other way.