Status: Active

Everything Will Change

Chapter 15

After our little romantic time in the parents bathtub, Ashton and I took our relationship to a whole new level. It just happened and I'm really glad that it did. Nobody was pressured into and we both really wanted it. And it was beyond perfect. Never have I ever imagined that it could feel that good when you do it with someone you're in love with. Never have I ever imagined that this would turn out to be the best night of my life.

Making love to Ashton probably was the best thing I've ever felt in done in my whole life. The mix of passion, lust and love made it so much more incredible and mind-blowing than just having sex with a total stranger. I was scared that my whole setup pressured Ashton, but he assured me that it didn't. In fact, I think he wanted it even more than I did. In short, it was an amazing night spent with the most beautiful and incredible young man in the entire universe. Ashton was my man and I was never going to let him go.

We decided that it was finally the right time to tell my father and his mother about us. There was no point of hidding our relationship to them anymore because it was serious. It wasn't just a joke. We really loved each other, I loved him more than anything. Ashton and I both knew that them parents would not be pleased about it.

First, both of them were not very open-minded about homosexuality. Ashton told me how his mother hated the fact that he was dating Calum in the past. And my father, well, he never liked what didn't match his standards of perfection. Second, there was also the fact that we both lived under the same roof. We weren't brothers or anything, but it still could sound weird to people since Ashton's mom was dating my dad. But we didn't care about their opinion anymore.

Since Ashton and I got together, Ashton also changed. He was still my cute little geek and nerd, but he turned into a way more confident guy. He was starting to live for himself and not for the others. The more we were together, the more he started to care about disapproval. He still wanted to be accepted, but most of all...he wanted to be happy. I was very proud of him.

''Are you ready to confront them?'' Ashton asked.

''Yeah, this has to be done. Are you?'' I replied.

''Yes, I am. I'm feeling confident about this, I owe it all to you,'' Ashton said.

I gave him one last kiss before we left our room and headed to the living room where the adults were watching some boring culinary TV show. We went in front of them, blocking them the view on the television. Ashton and I were holding hands, we finally didn't have to hide anymore.

''There is something we need to tell you,'' I said.

''Sure boys, what is it?'' Ashton's mother asked.

I was about to answer, but Ashton was faster. I was so proud of him, finally standing for himself in front of the parents. He never failed to amaze me, that's why I loved him so much.

''Luke and I are dating. He's my boyfriend and I love him. We've been dating for a little more than a month now and we're happy together. We thought that today was the right day to tell you because we are both tired of sneaking around your backs. So yeah, we're dating and we love each other,'' Ashton answered.

Silence. There was nothing but silence after Ashton spoke. Lorie and my father were both speechless. Lorie seemed to be more surprised with a little touch of anger while my dad seemed to be pretty pissed off, giving us his best disapproval stare.

''This is ridiculous. You are both joking right?'' My dad asked angrily.

Ashton lightly squeezed my hand to calm me down. He knew me to well and could see in my eyes that I was about to explode. At least I had him by my side to stop me from saying really nasty things.

''Does it seem like a joke? It isn't a joke, dad. Ashton and I are dating. He's my boyfriend and I love him. He's the best thing that ever happened to me. He makes me happy and makes me want to be a better me. I'm in love dad, you should be happy for me, for us,'' I answered calmly.

''We're sorry that we waited to tell you, we just weren't ready and we wanted to be certain that our relationship was serious. And it is. I'm happy with Luke, happier than I've ever been,'' Ashton added.

I lighly kissed his cheek, gaining a look of disgust from my father. It was Lorie's turn to be pissed off. This wasn't going as good as I wanted to.

''You do realize that you lied to us for a very long time, right?'' Lorie asked.

''Yeah mom, and we're sorry. Like I said, we wanted to wait when we were ready,'' Ashton replied.

''You're such a disgrace Ashton Fletcher Irwin. I thought that I raised you better than that. I taught you that lying was very bad and that it was for losers. And look at you, hidding something as big as that from us and going behind your back. Plus, you know how I'm not very happy that you love guys. You won't have success that way. Only men with wives and children do. Do you really want to be a failure and a shame for our family? And that's not the worst. You had to pick a trashy and rebelious guy to be your boyfriend. He's not good for you. He will only bring you down, you deserve better than him. I can't believe that you stood so low, I always taught you that what mattered was to reach the top. I'm so disappointed in you, Ashton,'' Her mother spoke as if I wasn't even there.

I thought Ashton was going to cry and apologize because I knew he hated when his mother was mad at him. He hated when he didn't have his mother's approval. But he didn't. He actually stood up for the both of us, and he did it big time.

''You know what mom? I don't care about what you think. I'm sick of you trying to control my life. I am not your puppet. I'm your son. You're supposed to support me, but all you do is make me shameful about myself whenever I do something that doesn't please. I have enough. What you just said was the straw that broke the camel's back. I'm sick of your attitude towards me. I don't care if I don't reach the top. What I want is to what I like. And what I like is music. I want to pursue a musical career wheter you like it or not. And finally, the thing I love the most is Luke. I love him mom, can't you see how happy I've been in the past month? I found my soulmate and all you can think about are your stupid glory standards. Stop treating him like he's a piece of shit. He's actually the best person I've ever met in my life. Yeah, he made mistakes, we all do. But Luke is actually the first person to make me feel good about myself. I'm in love and there's nothing you can do about it, so accept the fact that I'll never be the perfect little boy you want me to be,'' Ashton replied.

I was speechless. I couldn't believe that all of this words came out of my cute and harmless boyfriend. I knew this day would come; the day where he would have enough of all the pressure he had on his shoulders. And that day finally came.

''Look at you, Ashton. You're turning into a copy of my son, this too sad. Change your attitude and stop hanging out with him before he turns you into a lost cause like him,'' my father spoke,

''Will you both stop treating Luke like he's the worst person in the world when he isn't? I know Luke more than you both do. Luke is an amazing young guy. He's nice, he's funny, he's affectionate,he's smart and he's perfect for me. He's nothing like the horrible person you both think he is. Have you looked at yourself lately? All you do is criticize us. All you do is being disappointed in us. I'm sick of that,'' Ashton replied angrily before storming out of the room, going outside of the house.

I wanted to run after him, but I thought that he could do with some time on his own, to calm down and think about this all. I was amazed in a bad way at how our parents could be direspectful. I don't really care that they didn't like me because I didn't like them either. What I hated was the fact that they tried to make Ashton believe that I was an horrible human being. I was perfectly aware that I had flaws, but I also knew that I had good qualities. There were just more apparent and visible when I was around Ashton.

''Look what you've done to my son,'' Lorie yelled. ''Your turned him into a direspectuful man, like you.''

''I did nothing okay? Stop blaming me when I did absolutely nothing. I didn't force Ashton in telling you the things he said. He had reasons to speak the way he did. I'm the one who listened to him whenever he felt sad. I'm the one who comforted when he didn't feel good enough because you would tell him how what he did was wrong. Ashton has been following your little orders for years and I completely understand him for having enough. He is twenty years old and you're threating him like a ten years old child. Why can't you see all the beautiful things that I see in your son? Why can't you just love him the way he is? Some people should never have kids. You two are the best examples,'' I yelled.

I didn't give them time to answer. I left the room and joined Ashton outside. He was sitting in the stairs, unmoving. He was not crying though.

''Are you okay baby?'' I asked as I sat next to him.

''Yeah, I'm okay. I'm just a little mad, that's all. I thought my mother could be a little bit more comprehensive, but she isn't. But I'm just done with her drama and her problems,'' Ashton answered.

''Is there anything I can do to make you feel better?'' I asked sadly.

''I'm already feeling better now that you're here,'' he answered before kissing me tenderly.

Who could say that what we had was wrong? We were just two human beings in love with each other, happy with each other. We both found what we've been searching for a long time. We found someone to love us and accept us just the way we were. Nobody could say that there was someting bad about that.

Nobody ever defended me the way Ashton did. Nobody ever said such beautiful things about me like Ashton did. He was the only person in the world who saw the real me. He was the only person who tried to discover the real me and bring it out of his cell. Ashton was my little angel.

''What you did back there was amazing baby. You didn't have to stand up for me,'' I said.

''I had to. I won't let anybody insult you in front of me. It kills me that they can't see all of the good things that I see in you. I'm not going to let anybody insult my boyfriend. You're perfect to me. You're my everything, the air that I breathe. I just feel complete when I'm by your side. I don't care what they are going to say, all I want is you. And I'm not going to give up on you for two stupid adults who are too stubborn to see otherwise,'' Ashton replied.

''I love you, Ashton. I just love you so much. I wish that things could have gone differently back there, I'm sorry,'' I said.

''I love you even more, Luke Hemmings. But don't you worry okay? As long as we're together, everything is going to be okay. We're strong when we are together,'' Ashton replied.

He was right. As long as we would have each other, we were going to be okay. We were going to go through everything. Love made us strong. And my love for him was infinite.

''Thanks for not giving up on me,'' I said.

''Forever and always,'' Ashton replied.