Status: Active

Everything Will Change

Chapter 18 (Final Chapter)

When I got to the hospital, I was very weak. I did not feel a thing anymore, everything felt numb. I felt like giving up, but Ashton gave me the strenght to fight. Fortunately, they let him get in the ambulance even though he was not part of my family. They even let him stay in the room where the doctors tried to heal my back the best that they could. They were all very nice and they took great care of me. But my back was ruined, disabled. I never felt such a large amount of physical of pain before. I could not stop yelling, making Ashton cry. Even though it was hard for him to stay, he did. He was not going to give up on me.

Since I was not 18 yet, they had to call my father. They told him that I was in the hospital and that I was hurt. They asked him to show up to the hospital, but he refused saying he was late and that there was no use for him to show up since I was going to survive. For the first time in my life, I wished that my dad could have been there. I felt abandonned, unwanted. I did not have any value in my father's eyes. I was certain that if the doctors had told him that I was dead, he still would not have showed up. He would have been happy to know that he did not have to care about me anymore. We used to be best friends and do everything together. I missed my old dad. I missed the relationship we used to had, I missed the time where he was proud of me. I did not grow up according to plan.

Doctors tried to get me to speak on how I got hurt, on how this could happen to me. I was not going to tell the truth. There already was enough drama involving Michael, I was not going to add any more. I was scared that he would still try to hurt us. I was afraid that, since I would soon be back to Australia, that he would attack Ashton. And I could not let that happen. So, like the good liar I was, I invented a story. I told them that I scratched my back so bad that it led to this. Of course, they did not believe me, my story was not believable but I could not think of anything better. Gladly, they dropped the subject and they did not insist any longer. They let me rest and I hoped that they would keep it that way.

I did not want to be alone so the doctors authorized Ashton to spend the night with me. I insisted a lot, so they agreed. The doctors said that I was going to be okay to get back home the next evening. I was happy and grateful that they let my boyfriend spend the night with me. I needed comfort, I needed to know that things were going to be okay. I needed the love of my life to hold me and kiss me to assure me that he was not gone. For once, I was vulnerable and I needed Ashton to make me feel better. And he did like the perfect boyfriend he was. No words can explain all the love that I had for him. He was my soulmate, my other half. He was everything that I ever wanted. His forever was all I needed to be happy and feel alive. I needed nothing else but his pure and amazing love. I was feeding on it, I was addicted to it.

I did not want to think about it before, but I realized that this was pratically our last moment spent together in a while. We were going to be seperated for three whole months. I did not want to leave him, how I wished things could be different so I could stay there with him. The thought of being away from him for three longs months, without feeling his touch, fallins asleep next to him, hugging him, kissing him and making love to him made me want to cry. A part of me was scared that this seperation would ruin everything, that Ashton would forget about me and that he would move on and find someone who deserved him more than I did. I needed his love to live. I needed his love to breathe, I could not lose him. But I had to stay strong. I had to be strong for Ashton. We were in this together, and I had to remain positive. I had to believe that we were going to be okay.

Fortunately, I was authorized to go back home the next evening, like they promised. My back still hurt pretty bad but I had many pills and some lotion to appease the pain. It could have been worst, I was happy that Ashton and I were both alive, in good health. We were okay. I called my father and asked him to pick us up, but he said no. He said that he had better things to do involving his work or whatever. A nice nurse offered us to drive us home and we accepted. This was very sweet of her. She was a total stranger to us and she still cared more about me than my own father, the man that created me. She was so nice to Ashton and I, making sure all the way home that I was okay and that I did not feel so much pain. Why couldn't my father be like her?

When Ashton and I got home, the house was empty. Of course, it was. My dad and Lorie probably went in town, like they always did. I was pissed off. But at the same time, I was happy. I was happy that Ashton and I had the house to ourselves since it was my last night in Florida. This was our last chance to be close and enjoy each other's presence before we would be seperated for three months. Like the romantic and adorable boy he was, Ashton cooked a delicious dinner for the both of us. He made some chicken along with rice and salad. It tasted so good. Ashton was the best cook in the entire galaxy and he was all mine. He had so many talents, I was so proud of him. I was so proud to call him mine.

We spent the rest of the night cuddling in bed, watching the final episodes of Supernatural. We promised ourselves to watch them all before my departure and we did. We would have to find another serie to wach once I would come back. I enjoyed those calm moments just watching TV,cuddling and kissing. It became one of my favorites activities and I was going to miss it so much. I made love to him before we went to bed. I never was going to get enough of those intimate moments. Everything about them felt perfect. How I was going to miss them. How I was going to miss everything about Ashton, the love of my life.

We woke up early the next morning because I had to be at the airport by 9AM to catch my 10:30AM flight. Ashton helped me do my luggage when we came back from the hospital so we would not have to stress about it in the morning. The atmosphere was sad and depressed. Ashton and I actually barely talked after we woke, but we never left each other's side. I did not want to let go of him. We both did not want to face the reality, but sadly, we had to. We left the house by 8:15AM because we had some road to do to reach the airport. There was only me and Ashton. My father simply left a note telling me goodbye and to have a safe flight back home.

During the whole ride, it was complete silence. We were holding hands and that was it. None of use was crying, none of us had the strenght to. Ashton's eyes we focused on the road as mine were focused on him. I wanted to stay here with him. I wanted him to take me back home and never let me go. I wanted us to be happy forever. I did not want us to be seperated. I wanted to be 18 already and take my own decisions. I wanted to do whatever I wanted to do. And what I wanted was to stay with the love of my life.I wanted to be with Ashton Fletcher Irwin, forever and always, until the very end. But life was not fair.

When we got to the airport, Ashton helped me with my luggage. We were standing in front of each other and at that very moment, we both bursted out into tears and hugged each other so tight. This was the end of what had been a perfect summer. This was the final moment of our vacations together. This was goodbye, the most hurtful goodbye that I have ever said in my entire life. Because for the first time, I actually loved and care about someone.

''I-I'm going to m-miss you so much Lukey,'' Ashton said sadly.

''I-I'm going to miss you t-too Ash, I-I don't want to leave. I-I want to stay with you,'' I replied.

''I don't want y-you to leave either. I-I wished you could stay baby, I-I love you so much,'' Ashton said.

''I-I love you even more. You're t-the best thing that ever happened to me,'' I mentionned.

And we kissed one last time. This was the very last time we were going to taste each other's lips in a long period of time, so we made it last for minutes. We were in our own little universe, it was only Ashton and me.

''You won't f-forget about m-me right?'' Ashton asked sadly.

''I-I'll never forget about y-you, Ashton. We are g-going to communicate ev-everyday okay baby? And I'll b-be back in three m-months,'' I answered, crying.

''Promise?'' He wondered.

''I promise. I love you s-so much Ashton Fletcher Irwin. I l-love you more than you can even i-imagine,'' I replied.

''I love you too, Lucas Robert Hemmings,'' Ashton said.

We hugged one more time. None of us was going to let go. None of us wanted to let the other walk away. But we had too. But we were going to be okay. Our love was stronger than anything. The distance between us was going to be huge. We were going to be exactly 13595.97 kilometers away from each other. Continents and oceans were going to seperate us. But no distance was huge enough to break the love we had for each other. Our love was stronger and more powerful than any distance and obstacles.

''I'll see you in three months. In three months, we are going to start a living together, just the two of us, forever,'' I whispered in his ear.

''I'll be here, waiting for you,'' Ashton replied.

''I love you,'' I said.

''And I adore you,'' Ashton added.

We hugged for a few more seconds before we let go. I grabbed my suitcases and made my way into the airport, not looking back. I did not want to see Ashton, standing there on his own because I knew I would have run back to him. I did not want to see him cry and I did not want to see him cry. We had to be strong for each other. Life was trying to seperate us again, but we were not going to let her win, not this time.

For a guy who first came to Florida mad and pissed off, I was leaving with my head fulled with beautiful memories and with my heart filled with powerful and pure love. For a guy who first came to see his dad and wanted to cause trouble, it turned out that I fell in love with the most incredible man ever. For a guy who thought fun was all about sex, drugs and alcohol, I realized that I had missed so many great things, that fun was not about those things. For a guy who was not going to let people change him, I did change. Everything changed, because of Ashton. And I needed those changes in my life. Because of Ashton, I did not feel empty anymore. I finally felt alive.
♠ ♠ ♠
THE END GUYS! I hoped that you enjoyed this fic, thanks for reading it! Thanks for giving it a chance. THERE WILL BE A SEQUEL , BUT NOT BEFORE A WHILE :) feel free to read my other fics.

I love you all xx