Status: Active

Everything Will Change

Chapter 8

Luke's P.O.V.

An entire week has passed since the whole Ashton situation. He was still very fragile the first few days, but things got better through the week. I was scared that he would try to hurt himself once again, but he didn't. He promised me that he was doing fine. He said that he no longer had dark thoughts and the he didn't want to kill himself anymore.

I've been hanging a lot with Ashton during that week. We still had to go to work which was still as boring and unpleasant as it first was. I couldn't escape it, my father was ready to do anything just so I would be sitting at that desk for hours, taking calls from many persons I don't care about.

At least I had Ashton by my side. He wouldn't talk to me much during the working hours since he doesn't want to get in trouble. I can't blame him, he's getting paid. He can't risk getting caught breaking the rules.

Since I wasn't paid at all, I didn't mind messing around or being sometimes rude to clients. My father would warn me to change my attitude, but I wouldn't listen. I was still hoping that I could get out of this job if I succed in pissing him enough.

Most of my evenings were spent with Ashton. Most of the time, we would just talked about random stuff to get to know each other better. The first two days, I kind of feel forced to hang out with him because of what happened. As the week went on, I really did want to hang out with him.

Ashton is an interesting person. I'm glad I got to know him more and that I didn't stick with the image of the perfect little boy. He's been through a lot of difficult moments in his life and I admire him for that. He's a strong guy with a great personnality. Plus, he is still the cutest and sexiest person I've ever laid my eyes on.

I learned that Ashton was a drummer. He has a drum set in the basement that I never noticed since I never went into the basement. He can also play the guitar, just like me. I also can sing, and I'm really good at it. Maybe one day we could jam together, that would be nice. I bet he's an excellent musician.

Ashton and I also spent time playing video games or watching some series on Netflix. Even if it isn't my favorite kind of fun, I found a way to enjoy it. Ashton made me discover this TV show about two brothers hunting demons and other supernatural creatures. It's really great. I love the plot and the protagonists, Sam and Dean, are too hot for my own mental health.

I still sneaked out of the house to go at Michael's place when everybody was asleep. I didn't do it every night, maybe a night or two during the week. I still needed my dose of weed and sex and Michael did know how to provide them. I could find somebody else, but why give up something as good as Michael?

I made sure to come back home before my father got up so he could bring me to this living hell called work along with Ashton. Dear Ashton, I loved the little teasing smile on his face when he saw me entering our room by the window.

I wanted to do something fun with Ashton since it was Saturday and that we didn't have to go to work. We were currently watching another episode of this amazing TV show.

''We should do something fun today,'' I proposed.

''I think watching Supernatural is a fun thing to do,'' Ashton replied. Oh, that's the name of the serie, Supernatural.

''Yeah, I agree, but we've been doing this all week! Let's do something else that is also fun,'' I replied.

''Can I remind you that we don't really have the same definition of fun?'' Ashton mentionned.

''Well, that's why I'm asking you to pick a fun activity that you like for the both of us,'' I said. ''As long as it's not going to a museum.''

''Damn, that's what I was about to say,'' Ashton replied laughing.

''Nerd,'' I teased.

''Jerk,'' Ashton replied with the cutest smile on his face. ''But seriously, I have no idea. I rarely go out...''

''Come on, there must be something! What did you do for fun when you were younger?'' I asked.

''Eum, I used to enjoy to go to this Karting place with my father,'' Ashton replied. ''I haven't been there in years.''

Ashton never mentionned his father before. It made me curious. Where was he? Who was he? Is he still alive?

''You never mentionned you father before...did something happened?'' I wondered.

Ashton looked at me, the question totally taking him by surprise.

''Eum...well,'' he said nervously.

''You don't have to say anything Ash, I didn't want to make you uncomfortable with my question. I was just curious, that's all,'' I assured him.

''It's okay...eum. My father used to be my best friend. My parents divorced when I was 6 years old. I would go to my father's house every weekend. It was the best moment of the week. Everything was perfect. We would do so many things together: we would go surfing, bowling, karting, etc. But things changed when I turned 14. I always knew that I was gay. I came out to him one day and I didn't get the reaction I was expecting. I was expecting him to understand and to tell me that it was okay and that he still loved me...but he didn't. Instead, he said that he never wanted to see me again, that I was a shame for the whole family and I was no longer his son. I've never felt so abandonned in my whole life. I lost my father and my best friend that day. It affected me in so many ways. I lost all my self-confidence, making my old friends run away from me...so yeah. I'm a disgrace to my father.'' Ashton explained.

Why do parents need to be such jerks? Just don't have kids if you are not ready to accept them just the way they are. That explains why so many kids commit suicide those days. They are not accepted. If Ashton's father was in front of me right, I swear I would hurt him nice and good.

''He's a jerk you know? Don't listen to him. He's an asshole. It's perfectly fine to be gay, it's okay to be you Ash,'' I replied sincerly.

''Yeah, now I know it. But at first, I hated myself so much for being who I am. But little did I know that being gay wasn't something I could change and I began to accept it,'' Ashton replied.

I caressed his curly hair to make him know that he was okay. I got to know that playing with his hair was the best way to make him feel better. I don't mind, I love his curly hair, mostly when he wears a bandada. It looks hot on him.

''So, what about the Karting? I would understand that you prefered not to go because of your father...'' I proposed.

''No, I think we should. Let's go have fun, like you always say,'' Ashton replied.

Ashton turned off the TV and I followed him in the kitchen. We grabbed our wallets and cellphones. Ashton borrowed his mother's car keys, he didn't have to ask her anymore. We hopped into the car and made our way to this Karting place. I've been to a place like this once after getting my driver's license, and it was very nice.

We spent the fifteen minutes drive singing along to mainstream songs on the radio. I found that Ashton had a really nice voice even though he was joking around. I'm pretty sure that his voice would be amazing if he sang seriously. Maybe not better as me though, I'm fantastic.

When we got there, we paid for entries. We opted for two races so it only cost us 20$ each. We got a little formation along with 6 other boys before we could actually race. Since we both had our license, we could use bigger and nicer karts. The formation was so boring that even Ashton wasn't paying attention.

Twenty minutes later, the eight of us were ready to race. We followed the intructor to the racetrack. We got in our karts and the intructor gave us two more tips for our security.

Then, the countdown started. This was exciting.

10.

9.

8.

7.

''I'm so going to beat you,'' I told Ashton whose kart was next to mine.

''You wish,'' he replied laughing.

4.

3.

2.

1.

BEEEEEEEEP.

The race lasted 10 laps. As soon as it started, I was in first place, Ashton not that far behind me. I enjoy the feeling of driving, mostly when I can go fast. Everytime Ashton would try to take the lead, I would block him. I was so going to win this.

There was one lap left to the race. I knew that I would win. I maybe was a little too confident. At the last turn, I bumped into one of the obstacles. I was fast to get back on the track, but since I lost all my speed, Ashton overtook me and won the race and I ended up in second place.

''I told you I was going to win this,'' Ashton said smiling as we waited for the others to end the race.

''Hey, I would have won if it wasn't for that stupid barrel,'' I replied.

''I still won,'' Ashton said happily.

This was better than victory. Seeing Ashton being that happy with a gorgeous smile on his face was better than winning the race. For once, I was truly seeing a happy Ashton and I adored it. This image will never leave my mind.

''I'm going to win the second one, you'll see,'' I teased.

''I have an idea: Loser of the next race buys the other his food at McDonald,'' Ashton proposed.

''Deal. You're going down baby,'' I accepted.

''We'll see about that,'' he replied.

*****

''I hate you,'' I said as I was paying for both our food at McDonald. That was our deal: winner of the second race gets free food. Ashton finished first while I finished in fifth place.

''Not my fault that you can't beat the amazing Ashton Irwin,'' Ashton teased.

''Calm you tits, princess,'' I replied laughing.

''I'm a beautiful princess,'' Ashton said.

''You wish,'' I replied, throwing some french fries at him.

We sat at a table and ate our food. I wasn't a fan of fastfood, but that is where Ashton wanted to go. And I didn't want to object. I wanted him to be genuinely happy for the rest of the day.

''Thanks for today, Luke. I had a lot of fun,'' Ashton said smiling.

''Anytime. I had a lot of fun as well...even though I lost both races,'' I replied.

''You're such a bad loser,'' he joked.

''You're such a bad winner,'' I replied.

''Would you like to go surfing tonight? I heard the waves are going to be awesome!'' Ashton proposed.

Surf, I've never surfed before. I sure would look like and idiot, and I don't like that. But this time, I was going to make an exception because of Ashton. I felt myself wanting to spend more time with him.

''Sure, why not? I've never surfed before, do you think you can teach me?'' I said.

''Wow, finally something that I'm better at than Luke Hemmings,'' Ashton teased. ''Of course I'll teach you, princess. You'll see, surfing is very fun. It is hard at first, but once you get the hint, it becomes natural''

It wasn't a typical day for me. I wasn't used to just hang out with friends doing normal things. I normally just get high, vandalize places and other activies that I thought were the funniest and the coolest things in the world.

But after my not over yet day spent with Ashton, I realized that I might have been wrong for all those years. Maybe this day spent with Ashton just hanging out was the true definition of fun. I thought I was the one who had to teach him some things. In the end, I think I have a lot to learn from him.