Status: I'm trying hard not to make this a fanfic. Really I am.

Don't You Cry No More

First Impression

Aurora and Daisy had boarded their plane to Washington, DC. Four and a half hours had passed when they arrived at the airport. Once they picked up their luggage they found a man holding up a sign that read: AURORA VALES.

"Aurora Vales?" The old man asked as they approached him.

She gave him a curt nod as a 'yes'.

"Let me carry your bags." He insisted.

She handed her bag and Daisy's to the man and followed him outside where a car awaited. Daisy clutched her mother's hand tighter as the coldness stung their exposed skin. Quickly, the chauffeur set their luggage down and opened the door for them.

The car ride seemed long. Where they were headed, there weren't many houses. Just vast fields layered in fresh snow. The car turned down an outstretched road with thick woods consuming it. The road had been the driveway to a rather large
house, a house big enough to have it's own gate with initials personalized on them.

"Wow." Daisy whispered as she pressed her hands on the cold window.

The car stopped at the gate and waited for it to open. At the front steps, the chauffeur got out and opened the door for them.

Here goes nothing. Aurora thought.

The chauffeur placed down their bags in front of the door.

"Just ring the doorbell, Ms Harris should be home."

Aurora extended her arm and pressed on the button. A chime and a muffled voice came from inside. Suddenly the door opened and a familiar woman appeared at the door.

"My goodness! Aurora you're here!" She beamed and threw her arms around her.
"Oh I'm so glad you made it." She said pulling away.

Aurora recognized who she was, her mother in law, Josephine.

"Oh and you must be Daisy." Josephine leaned down to Daisy's level.
"Yes ma'am." Daisy straightened her posture.
"Ha! You are the cutest. Well come on in, you must be freezing."

She moved aside to let them in. Aurora and Daisy were embraced by the warmth of the house. Josephine helped them take off their coats.

"Why don't I show you to your room."

Aurora clasped Daisy's hand and followed Josephine up the stairs that lead to a long corridor. They stopped at the end of the hall.

"This is your room. I didn't know whether if you and Daisy wanted to sleep in the same room because if not I can-"
"Oh no, Josephine it's fine. I think we'll be fine."
"Alright then. I'll let you two to freshen up then. I'll be downstairs in the kitchen."

Josephine turned around and left them alone. Daisy pushed the door open and revealed the elegant room. Aurora placed their bags by the foot of bed and walked around. She found the bathroom that was too big for just one person, next she walked into what she thought was another bedroom but turned out to be a walk-in closet.

"This is-"
"Big." Daisy finished her sentence when she plopped down on the comfortable bed.

"I bet this is what it feel's like to be Cinderella."

Aurora smiled at her imagination.

"Come on, let's start unpacking things and get changed babe."

Daisy stood up and did exactly that. Once they were finished and freshly dressed they headed downstairs to the kitchen. Josephine was sitting at the table with platters of food.

"I figured you guys would be hungry so I had some food prepared for you both." Josephine gestured to the empty chairs.

Aurora helped Daisy up on the chair and then she sat down.

"Thank you Josie-I can call you that right?" Aurora bit her lip.
"That's fine by me, now eat." She smiled.

After they ate, Josephine invited them to sit down in the living area in front of the fireplace.

"You have a lovely home Josie."
"Thank you but it doesn't belong to me. It's my son and daughter's. Speaking of them-" Josephine looked at her watch. "They should be here any moment now."

The phone rung from the other room and Josephine disappeared.

"Mommy, I'm-" Daisy paused to let out a yawn. "Tired." Aurora pulled her close to her body so she could lean against her more comfortably.

"That was my son, he says they'll be here in a few minutes." Josephine said walking back into the living area and sat back down.
"That sounds great. If you don't mind, I'm going take Daisy upstairs for bed."
"Oh not all, go ahead."

Aurora lightly tapped Daisy so she could stand and they made their way out of the living area and up the stairs. Within a couple of minutes, Daisy was dressed and tucked into bed. As Aurora descended down the stairs, she heard multiple voices coming from the living area. Josephine's daughter and son must have arrived. She entered the room and everyone silenced. Being the shy person that Aurora was, she could only manage to look directly at Josephine.

"Oh great! You came just in time." Josephine wrapped her arm around Aurora's shoulder and ushered her towards the two new faces.
"This is Aurora. Aurora this is my daughter Valerie-"

Aurora extended her hand out but Valerie went in for a tight embrace. "Aurora! Oh I've been dying to meet you!" She pulled away and stood aside.

"And this is my son William." Aurora looked up and felt as of time had slowed down. One look and Aurora was head over heels.

"It's nice to finally meet you." William pulled her in for an embrace. Aurora couldn't help but inhale his fragrance.

They pulled away and Aurora was left a blushing mess.

"Well how about we have some wine to celebrate? Then we can get settled in for the night." Josephine said making her way to the kitchen.

Aurora wanted to kick herself for not being able to control her emotions.

You're just here for closure

Aurora and Valerie sat on the couch while William took up the empty chair not far from them.

"You have a daughter, right?" Valerie questioned.
"Yeah I just put her to bed. She was exhausted."
"What's her name?"
"Daisy."
"I love it. Maybe we can take her out and do something fun."
"She'd love that."

Aurora glanced over at William who seemed to be in deep thought as he stared into the fire.

"I couldn't find anything good worth celebrating but I guess this will do." Josephine came back with four glasses and an antique bottle of wine. Once everyone had been poured, they clinked glasses and drank.

"So how was Paris?" Josephine started.
"Oh the usual. Business but no fun." Valerie shot a glare at William.
"Val, I'm pretty sure our jobs are worth keeping." Will said as he brought the glass to lips.
"Can you believe that ma'? This man has been living in Paris for nearly eight months and hasn't once gone out to explore!"

As they carried on the conversation, Aurora began to feel out of place. A personal chauffeur, expensive cars, a big beautiful home, Paris, antique wine. . .it was all too much for someone like her.