Status: In progress.

I Swear I'm Not a Hopeless Case

Chapter 04.

I lied stretched across my bed on my stomach, music blasting in my skull while my pen drew doodles on the blank section of my pre-calculus homework. I had been looking at it for over an hour and still couldn't process the meticulously drawn out equations. It all made sense during the first semester of school. But lately, my mind was so preoccupied. I now felt that the arithmetic that I once could wrap my head around was now a foreign language. Everything was a foreign language now.
I felt the pocket of my jeans vibrate ferociously, causing me to jump and scramble for the source. My phone's screen was flashing with the last name I wanted to see at the moment; LEANNE.
I grudgingly flipped it open, knowing if I ignored her attempts at contacting now, I would get an ear full from my father once he heard about it. "Yes, Leanne?"
I heard her clack her tongue, an extremely annoying habit she only did when she was peeved. I rolled my eyes and awaited the scolding I already knew that was coming. "Liv, honey, I would very much appreciate it if you came down here." I gritted my teeth. She was being nice, so my father must be with her.
I sighed melodramatically, hoping for her to get the hint that I was busy.

"Please, Olivia?"
I snapped my phone shut and threw myself off my bed, only to walk extremely slow down the stairs, just to annoy Leanne. For further note, if you're awaiting some type of unwanted punishment, this is a great tactic, it slows down the process, and if you're lucky, your parents/boss/teacher might forget all about what they want to tell you. But let it be known, that rarely occurs.

"Finally," Leanne's lipstick-covered mouth muttered, "I was beginning to worry."
She beamed a smile as my father rubbed her knee affectionately. I rolled my eyes and plopped myself of the faux-leather couch Leanne insisted we purchase. Of course, not only is it tacky and fake, but it sticks to you annoyingly. Wait...does that remind you of anyone?
"What's up?" I quirked as nonchalantly as I could.
My father's cheek twitched lightly, making the fact that he was fighting a smile conspicuous. He put his arm that was placed on Leanne's leg around her shoulder, shaking her playfully, obviously to get her to reveal the reason I was down here.
Leanne looked at my father, than back at me, now with an even bigger smile. Why on Earth would they call me down here if it wasn't to punish me? Unless they're superbly excited about grounding me, which wouldn't surprise me. I knew Leanne would rub off on my dad eventually.
She flickered her eyes once more from my father and back to me, before opening her trap like she always does. Her voice came out ecstatic, and shrill. I had to stop myself from covering my ears.
"I'm pregnant!"
My mouth hung agape. "Come again?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Bear with me, we'll get to the good stuff soon. :)