Status: Active

The Fallen One

Chapter 11

Klaus' POV

I had been gone three weeks and it was driving me mad to be away from Isolde.  I sent Stefan home a week ago, his insecent whinning made me want to rip his tongue out.  I was relieved this morning when he called to tell me that they killed Mikael.  Rebekah assured me that he was indeed dead and that I could come home. 

Standing at the front door of the mansion I could hear Isolde's lyrical laughter.  She had shared with me that she had become friends with two of the hybrids, Noah and Liam, they kept her entertained with stories much like Kol would.  She had also told me that Rebekah and her had a spat.  Is told me Bekah had been acting strange but she chalked it up to her holding Matt prisoner.

Stepping inside I watched as she took down both of the hybrids.  Quickly she jumped up on the table doing a little dance as the groaned in pain on the ground.  "HA I win again.  You can not defeat me. I am the reigning champion of the mansion battles."

I chuckled causing her to spin around in my direction.  When Isolde's eyes landed on me she took off running.  Jumping up she wrapped her legs around my waist kissing me with more desire and intimacy than I have ever experienced.  She pulled back looking at my face in her hands before kissing me again.  The kisses became more heated and I moved them down her neck causing a small moan to come out.  The clearing of a throat caused both of us to look over.

"Boys I suggest you go take a long walk, grab some dinner, or just go outside."  I chuckled as Isolde's words made the two guys scurry out of the house.

"I have missed you so much love."  My words came out between kisses.

"What are you doing here?  I didn't know you were coming home."  She placed her forehead against mine.

I ran my hand down her back to the underside of her bum.  "Stefan and Rebekah called, Mikael is dead.  We will be celebrating tonight but right now all I want is to have you."

Lying on the floor of the parlor in front of the fire place Isolde laid sleeping on my chest.  I pulled the throw blanket over the lower halves of our bodies.  The memories of what just occured ran through my mind.  The way she screamed and moaned my name was pure ecstacy.  The taste of her blood and the feeling when she bit me was like no other.  My finger tips lightly danced over her naked body memorizing every inch of her perfect flesh. 

"Oh shit dude."  The hybrid named Noah's voice shook me from my thoughts.

They stood there gawking at us.  Making sure Isolde was covered I threw my pants on then grabbed the hot poker out of the fire place.  "I suggest the two of you look somewhere else now unless you want me to ram this through your eyes."

"Klaus we didn't mean to we just assumed you would be upstairs and it's been hours."  The blonde Liam had turned facing the wall as he spoke.

"Yes well we do tend to lose track of time."  I placed the poker down and picked Is up with the blanket wrapped around her.

She nuzzled her face into my chest trying to get closer to me.  It brought a smile to my face.  I made my way to our room placing her gently on the bed before going to shower.  When I came back out Isolde was sat in the middle of the bed anger and hurt clouded her beautiful face.

"Love what's wrong?"  Sitting on the edge of the bed I took her hand in mine.

She looked up at me and the amount of pain in her eyes snapped something in me at that moment I would take on a thousand men if it would ease her pain.  "They lied to you Niklaus.  Rebekah and Stefan lied.  How could they do this?  Why would Bekah want you dead?"

"What do you mean Is?  How do you know this?"  Anger was boiling inside me when those words slipped from her delicate plump lips.

"Before I let Matt go I compelled him to call me and tell me if they were going to try something.  I don't know why but I had this nagging feeling that something was wrong.  He called a few minutes ago and told me that they did dagger Mikael but only kept him that way long enough for Stefan to lie to you so they could get you back here.  They planned this all along Nik.  Rebekah turned her back on us."  The anger in her voice would make the strongest warrior run in fear.

I sighed looking down feeling the betrayal run through me until I looked up and realization hit me.  I pulled her body to me.  "Well love I do not know but one thing I do know is that you will never break my trust the way they have.  Now that we are once again one step ahead of them we will finish this.  Tonight I am going to kill Mikael and you my sweet will help me end him for good."

She slid herself into my lap giving me a kiss.  "I will always stand by your side Nik. When you have no where else to turn just look to your side and you will always find me there.  No one could ever shake my faith in you.  You are my king and I will forever be loyal to you and only you.  I love you Niklaus Mikaelson and that love will surpass the test of time and those who wish to destroy it."

When those words came from her mouth I felt like I could do anything.  I had waited my whole life for someone to tell me those words.  "And I love you Isolde Salvatore.  I am not a perfect man, I make a lot of mistakes but knowing my queen is by may side gives me the strength and hope to take on the world.  I have always said that a vampire's greatest weakness is love but I have come to learn that it is also his greatest strength.  I have loved none but you."

Jumping up she threw on some pants before calling out to the four hybrids down stairs.  "Liam, Noah, Ethan, Logan please come here."

"Love what are you doing?"  Standing I watched her with curiosity.

"We are thowing a party my dear.  They want us to believe that Mikael is dead then we will celebrate as if he is."  She sent me a smile before turning to the four men standing at the door. "Boys there is suppose to be a dance happening at the school tonight.  I want you to make sure that doesn't happen, tear down the damn building if you have to."

I watched as they nodded before leaving.  "And what would you have me do love?"

Her grin widened as she looked at me.  "Call our dear little hybrid Tyler and tell him we will be throwing a party at his house.  Make sure he has everything set up by tonight and I want you to dress to impress.  Then phone in our army for tonight we go to war.  They want to play games with us but they seem to have forgotten who plays them better."

Picking up my phone I watched her as she rummaged through the closet pulling out a short champagne colored dress and pair of heels.  After speaking with Tyler I called the rest of the pack.  I admired her as she stripped down heading to the bathroom silently deciding I would join her I followed suit.

The party had kicked off with me giving a little speech before the band started up.  I was starting to worry about Isolde until I saw her walk in, she was gorgeous.   Liam and Noah were right behind her like bodygaurds glaring at people staring.  The looks she was getting made me want to snap every neck that turned her way yet her high heels and short dress made me want to ravish her.  Noticing Caroline step towards her I decided to make sure nothing happened between the two.

"What are you doing here?"  Caroline sneered at her.

"What do you mean this is our party.  Tyler was so sweet to throw it for us.  Don't you think?"  The smirk she wore on her face made me chuckle.  She was taunting her, playing a game, that she would win.

The blonde frowned at her.  "No I do not think it was sweet of him.  Why would he throw a party for you?"

Isolde smiled at me as I stood beside her before she answered.  "Because he listens to everything Niklaus says and does it like the obedient little pup he is."

"Ugh you are such a bitch." Caroline screeched.

Is looked at her nails before back to Caroline. "Honey my shoes cost more than this house so I really don't want to muck them up with your blood.  I suggest you stop with the name calling and run along back to whatever insignificant little thing it is you do.  I would like to enjoy the festivities."

Liam and Noah snorted behind her causing me to smirk back at them. "Yes Caroline run along before Isolde finally gets tired of playing with you.  We all know how she gets when she's bored."

She turned leaving in a huff stomping her heels as she went.

"Honey you look superb."  Isolde ran her hand down my jacket before pulling me in for a kiss.

"I was going to tell you the same love but there are no words to describe your beauty."  I stroked her cheek gently causing her to smile the dangerously breath taking smile I loved.

Something caught her eye over my shoulder causing her to frown. "Come walk with me. There is something I need to tell you."

She glanced at her new hybrid friends.   "Boys please follow close. I do not want you out of my sight got it?"

They gave a nod follow us. "What is it Isolde?"

"Katherine is here pretending to be Elena so play along. This reeks of Damon,  he is most likely going to try something.  They want you to believe she is Elena so you will."  Her voice stayed low as she spoke to me.

"How do you know it's her?" I asked placing my hand on her lower back.

She turned her head towards me slightly. "I spent quite a bit of time making Katherine be my little bitch. She will never fool me."

"Isolde if Mikael does…." Before I could finish she placed her finger to my lips shaking her head.

"Please do not say it Niklaus.  You are the greater man here not Mikael. He will not succeed in this and I refuse to let him take you from me. If I have to I will kill him but I have faith in you my love."  She gave me a gentle yet passionate kiss before taking my arm again.

Glancing at the beautiful woman beside, her head held high as we walked to the house I came to realize she would forever be mine. She would be with me through it all,  not by forced loyalty to me or fear of what I can do but because she truly wants to be by my side. She knew my weaknesses and she gave me the strength to overcome it all.  She was not my soldier or my weapon but my equal.