Status: Active

The Fallen One

Chapter 17

Isolde's POV

Nik and I had decided to stay in New Orleans longer than we originally planned. It had been a month since Cecilia had dropped the news of my pregnancy on us, which put me being a little shy of four months and I still had not fully come to terms with it. Every time I glanced down at my now slightly swollen stomach I could not stop my mind from running to dark worries I held. Nik on the other hand smiled every time he saw it. I knew the thought of this child brought him joy and I would not ruin that for him. I had convinced him to tell no one about this yet but I knew the time would soon come when I would not be able to hide it. I knew we would need to tell our family soon.

The up side of us staying here longer is that I was able to feed often to keep up with my growing appetite. Niklaus would take me out as many times as I needed to keep me well feed or he would bring me someone back to the house. It was a thrill when we would feed together which also helped my other growing appetite which had nothing to do with food. My sex drive had become so high I don't believe we spent much time with clothing on as of late. I'm not complaining though and neither was Niklaus. We currently lay naked, covered in blood on the kitchen floor.

My eyes closed I let out a content sigh as a smiled formed on my faced. "Niklaus Mikaelson you are an incredible man."

"And you are incredibly sexy my love." His hands ran down my body as he kissed my neck.

A sad smile formed on my face as he rubbed my stomach causing me to sit up. "I think it's time we leave here Nik. We should go tell our family and I fear that if we stay here to long Marcel will find out about the baby. While I do not fear him in the least, we still do not know if the baby can be harmed."

"Isolde you know I would not let him harm our child but if you wish to return home to Mystic Falls then we shall." Nik's body pressed against my back as he spoke.

"Mystic Falls is not my home Niklaus, it was once long ago but it is now just a place I will reside until you decide we should move on. My home is with you. Wherever you are I shall be there too."

Once we had showered and packed our things we started our journey back to Mystic Falls. The long drive made the dread and worry about telling our family the news worse than it had been before. Niklaus had tried a few times to bring up conversation of the child but I would quickly change the subject. I had no desire to discuss what was growing in me. As much as I loved Niklaus and wanted this for him it pained me and I could not bring myself to talk about it. I would not break his heart by telling him my thoughts on the situation we had managed to get ourselves into. If I would have ever thought this to be a possibility I would have taken greater precautions to prevent it. The longer I thought about it the more certain I became that I would do no good for this child. It deserved more than me for a mother. It deserved the love that I knew Niklaus would give it but I would probably never be able to.

I had been stuck in my head so long that I did not realize we had made it to the mansion until Nik placed his hand on mine. Looking up I saw our family, Elijah, Kol, Rebekah, Noah, and Liam, all awaiting our arrival on the front porch. A feeling I had never felt before, fear, settled in the pit of my stomach. I placed my head down trying to avoid looking at any of them. How could I look at them?
How could I ask them to endanger their lives farther to protect something I didn’t even want? It was not a fair thing to ask of them.

Nik’s stroking my hand made me look up at him. “Is are you alright, my love?”

“No Niklaus, I am not alright. We are about to ask our family for something they should not have to do.” I sighed looking back at my lap. “I cannot do this Nik. I thought I could but I cannot face them.”

“Isolde Mikaelson, you are the most fearless, strong woman I have ever crossed paths with in my lifetime. Do not fear what they will think. They will support us and this child because they are our family. If they choose not to do so then you will still have me.” Bringing my hand to his soft lips he placed a gentle kiss on it.

For the first time in so very long I broke.

The tears flowed from my eyes with little hope of me stopping them. “I cannot Niklaus. Please do not make me.”

Nik let out a sigh and nodded. “I will tell them just stay put here until I have finished. I need you to calm yourself love, it is not good for the baby.”

After giving me a sweet gentle kiss I watched as he made his way to the people I cared most about in this wretched life. My heart sank after the greetings were out of the way and Niklaus started to speak to them about me. Their faces all held the same reaction of utter disbelief. Kol was the first to the car before Nik finished speaking. As he opened the door I could not look at his face, keeping my head down for fear of what he must think.

The tears had yet to stop and I was quickly pulled into his arms. “Izzie how could you ever believe I would turn my back on you? That any of us would?”

“Kol I am scared. For the first time in my life I am truly scared of something. How could I ask you to fight for something that scares even me?” As I hugged him back leaning in to whisper in his ear. “I need to speak with you later. You are the only one I can trust to not speak a word of what I tell you.”

I cared for them all but Kol was truly the only one I could trust. Rebekah lost my trust when she sided with my brothers to use Mikael to kill Niklaus. Elijah was so noble that he would tell Nik whatever I shared with him. Liam and Noah were sired to Niklaus so he could make them tell him whatever he wanted. Kol was the only one that would not go against my wishes for Niklaus to never know what I spoke of, we had become very close and he had earned my trust. I hated that I was keeping something from Nik but I knew telling him my feelings about the child would hurt him. That is not something I ever wanted to do. My dear husband had suffered too much heartache in his life and I would not allow more to fall on him at my hands.

Niklaus was soon by my side taking me from Kol to comfort me like only he could. “Shh love everything is fine. Our family is in full support of our decision about this. Stop the tears and calm yourself it is only making things worse on you.”

The tears soon ceased and I felt the strong pull of energy that I knew only came off a witch. “Nik someone else is here. Someone with powers, strong powers and I do not like the energy they are giving off.”

“Who is here? After what I just told you, you let her stay here with someone else here?” Nik’s voice rose as he spoke to our family.

“I see you have not changed Niklaus. You are still trying to play ruler of the family.” As the voice spoke Nik pushed me behind him.

This was starting to agitate me to no ends. I was not fragile just because I was pregnant and even though the woman who held this voice also held a great deal of power she did not come close to what I had in me. Peeking my head around Nik I saw a woman with sandy blonde hair that reminded me so much of Niklaus’. Taking in her facial features I knew instantly who she was.

A gasp came from my lips as I stepped around Nik. “Esther?”

Her eyes widened as she stepped back. “Isolde what are you doing here?”

“That’s strange I was just about to ask you the same thing because I’m almost certain the last time I saw you I killed you. So what are you doing here Esther?” I tilted my head to the side awaiting her answer.

“I am here to see my children. Now explain to me why you are here you evil little wench. Have you tricked one of my other sons like you did my poor Finn?” Her lips pursed in distaste as she looked me in the eyes with a hard stare.

Nik stepped forward a scowl present on his handsome face. “You will not speak to her in that way do you understand mother?”

Esther shook her head in disbelief. “You Niklaus, you fell for her? I could have seen her fooling Kol or Elijah but you? My son I am disappointed in you.”

A scoff escaped my lips as I rolled my eyes. “Please you old bat they all know exactly what I am. I only played games with Finn because I was bored and your oh so precious son was an easy target. I love Niklaus, this is no game or trick I am playing with him.”
Nik’s arm snaked around me as he beamed with pride.

Esther’s eyes roamed down to his hand and stopped short as she looked at my stomach and a gasp fell from her lips. “You are pregnant? How is that possible? Niklaus you will tell me at once that this is a trick.”

“Mother this is no trick. Isolde is with my child, I love her and she is a Mikaelson now. I believe you already know what she is, that is how this is possible. Neither of us are full vampire we can still reproduce.” He beautiful smile always seemed to bring out my smile when it reached his eyes and they sparkled.

“Esther, dear if you do not approve you can feel free to leave.” I smiled at her but as the wind blew I heard something that made me let out a humorless chuckle. “Now I see how you are standing in front of me and not rotting away in the ground somewhere. You are still using the dead witches to your advantage.”

“Yes, Isolde, I am because they knew my death was wrong. They are all still quite upset about your existence and the child you carry does not please them at all. It is an abomination and should not exist just as you and my son should not. You are monsters that are bringing another into this world.” A frown formed on her lips as her eyes fell back to my stomach.

Something inside me snapped and in an instant Esther was doubled over screaming in pain. “You will not speak of my child or husband that way. You are so quick to forget that you are the one that made him this way. You are the one that stepped out on Mikael and caused so much pain in Niklaus’ life. You call him a monster but it is you who choose to make him one. I maybe a evil monster Esther but I will own everything in this life I have done but you, you are the true monster. You so easily place the blame on everyone else for the things you have caused. Niklaus is a good man who was wronged and he has done horrible things in life but you are to blame for all his wrong doings. It was never his choice. If I hear you speak ill of my family again I will kill you once more and this time I will make sure that even the dead witches will not be able to bring your sorry ass back.”

Niklaus held me up as he looked me over. “Love you should go rest now. You have done too much today. Remember what Cecilia said about you using your powers. I will deal with my mother and Kol will take you to the room.”

I gave a weak smile and nod as Kol wrapped his arm around me. Once we had made it into the room and away from prying ears I looked to Kol.

Closing the door he sat on the edge of the bed beside me. “What is it you would like to speak to me about Izzie?”

“This child Kol, I do not want it but I cannot tell Niklaus that. He wants this baby so much but I know I will be no good for this child. I have only ever been able to love Niklaus and I fear I will not be able to love this child.” I cast my eyes down until I heard Kol burst out laughing. “Kol I am baring my soul to you here about something very serious and you laugh at me.”

“I am sorry Isolde; I am not laughing at you. I am laughing at the fact that you do not see what you have just done.” Kol shook his head as he continued to chuckle.

My brow furrowed as I looked to him. “What have I just done?”

Placing his hand on my stomach he smiled at me. “My wretched mother insulted your child and you went mad. Do you not see that you love this baby already Izzie? You never had the chance to love before Nik came into your life but you do not realize how much you are loved by everyone here. You are strong, protective, and fierce, and you will make a fine mother Isolde Mikaelson. Do you hear me?”

Happy tears slipped down my cheeks as I let the words of my best friend sink into my mind. Kol would never sugar coat things to make someone feel good about a situation so I knew without a doubt that he was being honest with me. I had spent so much time thinking of the bad that I never thought about the possibility of good coming from this. With my family and husband by my side I would do this. Niklaus and I would have everything we ever wanted in our lives. Hugging Kol my mind was now eased somewhat. I still had a gut feeling that Esther was up to no good and with me only being able to use so much of my powers I would keep a close watch on her. She will not ruin their lives again. I would not allow her to harm the people I cared for more than she already had.