Status: Active

The Fallen One

Chapter 2

Elijah's POV

I sat at the bar waiting for her to come.  She was now half an hour late and I was getting irritated.  No matter how hard I tried though I couldn't seem to stay mad at her.  Isolde Salvatore was a woman unlike any other and she reminded me so much of my brother at times it hurt.  Although not even Klaus could hold a candle to the things she has done in her 171 years on this Earth and believe me that was saying something.  I wish I could change her but I knew deep down that would never happen.

As if right on cue she walked through the door.  I could see the men turn to stare at her and the beauty she possessed.  Her long silver hair fell straight down to the middle of her back.  Her silver eyes glinting with a small hint of what was inside of her.  Pouty lips painted red and eyes lined in black but no other makeup touched her gorgeous face.  She wore tight black jean, a grey v-neck tshirt, and a leather jacket over the top.  Her eyes scanned the room landing on me as a smile graced her lips.

I sighed as the hint of mischeif danced in her unusual eyes.  "Where have you been Isolde?"

"Oh you know just thought I'd pay my dear brothers a visit.  After all it's been so long since I've seen them and I have missed them terribly." A smirk formed on her face and thid was one of the moments she reminded me of Niklaus.  They both had a sick sense of humor.

"What have you done?"  I scanned her eyes as she frowned at me.

She huffed slightly before speaking.  "Why must you always think I've done something?"

"Because I know you and most of the time you have done something."  As the words left my mouht the melodious sound of her laughter came drifting to my ears.

She placed her hand on my own while waving over the bartender. "I didn't do anything.  I simply went to have a little chat with them."

She turned her attention to place her drink order, a whiskey neat, before turning back to me.  "They know something El.  They had the witch and the doppelganger there.  I just made them a small promise that if I do not get what I want it will end badly just like every other time."

The young bartender brought her drink but stood staring at her as if he had something to say but was at a lose for words.  She brought her hand up shooing him away not even sparing him a glance which I couldn't help but chuckle at.  I wanted to help her so much but I also did not want my brother coming back no matter how much I missed him.  I didn't know if the world could handle the two of them together.  Isolde was something different much like Klaus himself was but they both held an eminse amount of hatred, pain, and malice. 

I watched the wheels turning in her head as she thought of different things she could do to get her brothers to talk.  All at once realization came to her face she smirked and the glint came back in her eyes as plan was finalized.  She called the young bartender back to her and used her compulsion.

"You will wait here for me when you get off tonight.  You will call your friends, Damon, Stefan, and Elena, once I'm here and tell them you are with me.  You will tell them no more do you understand?"  The young man nodded as she spoke.

"Isolde what are you doing?"  I asked looking slightly concerned.

She tilted her head to the side looking at me like she was innocent.  A look that fooled many people who did not know her. 

"While I've been looking around town I found out this one is friends with the doppelganger.  If they do not tell me where Niklaus is I will kill him first just to prove my point."

Time lapse...

I was sat in the study of our home looking over Niklaus' sketch book.  So much pain and hurt filled the pages it made me feel bad for not wanting to bring him back.  As much as I didn't want it I would not go against Isolde, no one crossed her and lived to tell about it. I just assumed that she would know a way to kill an Original also or at the very least torture one for the rest of eternity.  If I was being honest though I was very curious how it would turn out when her and Niklaus meet for the first time.

I hear her voice call out from the living room.  "El where are you?"

"I'm in the study."  I answered looking to the door waiting for her to come though and tell me what happened at the bar.

When she entered her face and shirt were covered in blood.  Silver hair had a tint of red at the bottom.  Her shirt was ripped with a hole in it over her stomach. 

I sighed tiltling my head to her.  "What happened my dear?"

She made her way to me sitting on my lap laying her head on my should.  "They were mean El they said horrid things to me, I had to teach them a lesson.  Damon tried to stake me so I wolfed out on him a tad bit, then I used my magic to make him and Stefan try to kill each other."

"Did you get any information from them?"  I asked stroking her hair.  I loved Isolde as a sister and I knew somewhere deep down it was hurting her that her own family turned their back on her.

Her face lite up as she nodded looking at me. "Whilst my brothers were fighting I might have been torturing the bartender they call Matt.  Elena being the soul she is spilled everything to get me to stop it all."

I frowned slightly at her.  "Why must you torture people dear?  You are better than that."

"It doesn't matter why I do it!  I got answers that we needed while you sat here doing nothing.  It feels like you don't even want to get him.  You will never get me to change El, I will always be this evil creature that should not exist.  I will always do what I do best and that is cause chaos and destruction.  I will leave a trail of bodies and burn cities to the ground if that is what I must do.  I will torture, kill, and dismember whoever I must to get us what we need.  I have no humanity. There is no switch for me to turn off and on.  This is me Elijah and it will always be me.  If you can not accept me as I am I suggest you leave."  As she ranted at me her beautiful silver eyes turned yellow and the veins popped out around her eyes.  Though she would never say it or show it I knew I had hurt her.

"You know I meant no offense to you my dear.  You are perfect just as you are."  I tried to pull her back so I could comfort her but she roughly pulled her arm away from me.

Her eyes now back to normal she sighed.  "I'm going to shower and you will wait down here until your brothers body is devlivered to me."

I gave a nod.  "Alright dear as you wish."

I watched her walk towards the stairs before she turned back to me.  "Oh and Elijah if you have any plans of trying to stop me from getting what I want there will be consequences.  I car for you as if you were my own blood but I will not stand for betrayal."

I stiffened at her threat knowing she would follow through with it.  I may be an Original but she is one of a kind.  Something so different from anything else on this planet.  Cursed to be the only one and forever lonely.  I guess this is why I see so much of Klaus in her.  They are both one of a kind.