Status: Active

The Fallen One

Chapter 22

Isolde's POV

I was beyond livid. Those sorry excuses that were once my brothers had pushed me over the edge. I had lost what little control I held over my inner demons. They had tried to kill my family for the last time to protect their precious little Elena. Since she was still in Rebekah's care I decided it would end tonight.

"Isolde, love, what are you planning on doing?" Niklaus' voice was calm as I kicked in the front door of our home.

I didn't even bother looking back at him as I continued to walk over the shattered pieces of wood that now lay on the floor. "Well dear, I plan to drain that little bitch dry before I rip her limb from limb and send the pieces to those ignorant fools."

"Oh how I love when you are angry sweetheart." Nik slapped my bum as he walked slowly behind me.

"Please Rebekah don't let them do this." The sound of her begging someone else to betray me caused me to change, my eyes yellowed as the veins popped around them.

"You know this damsel in distress bit is getting exceedingly old. If I had more time I would torture you until I got my fill of your suffering but we really don't have much time now do we? I'm sure those idiots have already formed a search party." Stepping towards her I watched as fear rose in her eyes making the excitement swell inside me.

Rebekah quickly took her leave before Elena spoke again. "If you kill me you will not be able to make more hybrids. Klaus will never allow that."

Nik was behind me in a flash, his chest pressed firmly to my back as he gripped my hips tightly in his hands. "Are the lot of you really that dim? Do you truly believe I care more for my hybrids than I do Isolde? Whatever she desires of me I shall do. She will forever come before all of you my dear little girl."

Spinning myself around I had him pinned against the wall in an instant. My lips found his in a heat of passion before I trailed down his neck nipping as he let out a low growl. Just as I had done Nik quickly had flipped me putting me against the wall where he had previously been only moments ago. When he bit down on my neck I let out a moan causing him to smile against my skin.

Groaning I pulled myself away from him. "As much as I am enjoying this we have business to take care of Nik. It should not take long though and then we can return to this."

"Why are you doing this? They are your brothers and killing me will only cause them pain. Do you not care if they are hurt?" As the words reached my ears I lashed out putting myself nose to nose with precious little Elena.

"No Elena, I do not care if they are in pain! They are no brothers of mine! I am doing this because the two men you cannot choose between are trying to kill the only man I have ever and will ever love. I am doing this because they deserve to be punished for their betrayal Elena. Let me show you what your precious Damon and Stefan let happen to me." With that I placed my hands on either side of her head.

I let ever image from my past flow through her, every hit, cut, and death I had went through. I listened as she screamed out in pain as she experienced everything exactly the way I had. As the memories of my last day there poured through her the tears streamed down her face as she begged me to make the it stop. Pulling my hands away from her I started to walk out of the parlor avoiding eye contact with Klaus as I went.

As I paced the floor in the kitchen I heard Nik's distinct footsteps walk in stopping just short of where I was. "Love what did you show her that upset her so?"

"I showed her why they deserve every ounce of punishment they have coming to them. I showed her my last day at my father's home." I did not stop moving as I spoke for fear that I would crumble to the ground if I did.

I knew what he was going to say even before the words came out of his mouth. "Isolde, why will you not share this part of you with me? Do you not love me enough to show me your past?"

Stopping I finally looked at the man who made me fall for him. "I choose not to show you my past because I love you too much to put you through the suffering that I experienced. You do not deserve to feel the kind of pain I went through in that cellar."

"Please Is, show me what it is that happened. You are my wife and I want to know all parts of you, even the painful ones." As he spoke he grabbed hold of my hands placing them against his head with a pleading look in his eyes.

A single tear escaped my eyes as I whispered to him. "I'm sorry my love."

I gave Nik one last kiss before I opened my mind to him. The images and feelings flowed through me causing him to growl. The last day at my father's home was the most difficult for me to show him. I wasn't even sure he would still love me after seeing it.

Suddenly there we were in the dark, damp cellar as my father appeared before me. My brothers flocked in behind him standing by the wall, judgement plastered all over their features. I watched as my father picked up a hot fire poker before he strode over to stand in front of me.

"I will ask you only once today Isolde, what kind of demon are you?" My father had stooped down to where he was standing eye level with me.

"Father please I am no demon. I am your daughter I beg you to not do this to me." After the words left my mouth my body was suddenly filled with a burning pain that caused me to scream out.

He ripped the poker from my body then tossed it to the ground. "You are no daughter of mine. You are an abomination that deserves to suffer."

As blood poured from my open wound I watched as he walked to the stairs commanding my brothers to stay behind. When the door shut I began to beg them to help me. I pleaded for them to unchain me and I would leave that place but they did not budge. They stared at me with looks of disgust written in their eyes. The clicking of the door knob caused me to cease my cries. When my father came into sight he had two large, horrid men with him.

"Do whatever you must to make her answer." With that he took his leave once more.

Tears now flooded my face as I proceeded to show Nik the rest. The salty liquid fell faster from my eyes as I relived the torture, the beatings, and the rape that those men put my seventeen year old body through. I screamed out begging my brothers to stop the pain I was going through but they never so much as flinched as the men continued their mission.

Hearing the inhuman roar that ripped through Niklaus' body I yanked my hands away. "I am sorry Nik, I am so sorry."

"Why are you apologizing my love? You did nothing wrong. Those monsters had no right to do those things to you." As he spoke Nik wrapped his arms around my body as another sob raked through me.

"I love you Nik please do not hate me." I now turned facing him to gage the reaction of his handsome features.

Wiping the tears from my eyes he kissed my lips softly. "Isolde I could never hate you. As I said before you did nothing to deserve what you were put through by your own family and I vow to you we will make your brothers suffer the pain they deserve for aiding in that."

As I breathed in deeply a smell that was not Nik's filled my nostrils. Pushing myself away from him I flashed into the parlor. Catching sight of who was responsible for the scent made my blood boil once again.

"Tyler Lockwood did your mother never teach you that it is rude to steal?" I tilted my head to the side as I awaited his answer.

"The two of you cannot stop me from taking her. I am not his little bitch anymore." Tyler spat his words at Nik who was now by my side.

Before I could respond to his bogus claims Nik had thrown him against the wall opposite of us. Standing with my back to Elena I watched as they fought. In a swift move Tyler twisted one of Niklaus' arms behind his back. Before I could rush forward I felt a searing pain through my spine as Damon broke it. When my vision cleared from the immense pain I saw Stefan in front of Nik.

As Stefan rammed his hand into Nik's chest Damon pulled me to my feet, his hand wrapped tightly around my throat. "You will watch this Isolde. You will see him die."

Seeing the pain on my husband's handsome face caused me to cry out. The sound of my suffering caused Nik to look at me. As our eyes locked a pain ripped through my heart like nothing I had ever felt before making me scream. When the last piece of life drained from his once blue eyes they threw him to the floor like he was trash.

Damon forcefully threw me to the ground stepping over my body. Once they were gone I pulled myself on my stomach to where my loves body lay. Pulling myself to sit against the wall I drug Nik's cold, grey body to me. Screams and cries of heartbreak raked through me as I held the only man who I ever loved.

When my spin had finally healed I carried Nik to his coffin. I was now once again alone in this world. If these people believe I was a monster before they were in for a shock. They had taken my everything from me and there would be hell to pay.