Status: Active

The Fallen One

Chapter 23

Damon's POV

Leaning against the doorway of the parlor I watched silently as our friends all sat there chatting back and forth. It had been three days since we had killed Klaus and made Isolde watch and the carefree attitudes of everyone was getting to me. They nonchalantly sipped their drinks as if they didn't have a care in the world. The anger started to rise in me as I watched them act like we had not just done something that would surely bring death to everyone around.

Grabbing the glass decanter filled with bourbon I hurled it at the wall getting the attention of everyone there. "Do you group of idiots not realize we have just signed our own death sentences?"

"It had to be done Damon. We had to protect Elena." Stefan stated as he stood in front of me the same brooding look on his face that he always wore.

Letting out a humorless chuckle I stepped closer to him. "Really Stefan because I don't know if you realize it or not but we have just royally pissed off the most evil bitch that ever walked the face of this Earth. You know damn well what she is capable of when she is hurting. We are all dead men walking so if you choose to sit around and ignore that fact be my guest, but I choose life which is why I will be packing my shit and running for the rest of my life thanks to your foolish plan."

Before he could form a sentence I had made my way to the staircase and up to my room. Throwing all of my shit I wanted to keep on me into a backpack. While I did so I let last time my little sister was this hurt flood my mind. I was there to witness that faithful night that she brought her revenge down on the little town of Mystic Falls.

It was the night the towns people were rounding up all the vampire, including Kathrine, and locking them in the old church to be burnt. Isolde came flying into town like a bat out of hell causing the streets of our quiet little town to run red with the blood of her victims. She saved the best for last though as she rounded up Stefan, myself, our father, and a few others that had help with the horrible things done to her when she was younger.

Isolde was once a sweet, loving girl who wanted nothing more than to be loved in return, but the things our father and others inflicted on her changed her into what she truly is. She is a monster filled with hate and a need to make others suffer. Her outer beauty only contradicts what lies inside her.

While Stefan and I had never actually harmed her ourselves we had never so much as lifted a finger to help stop the torture she was forced to endure. That night though she made sure we all suffered for what was done to her. She had chained us in the cellar where she was kept for so many years and inflicted more pain on us than she had ever been given. When the others were on the brinks of death hearing it's sweet call knocking she would only heal them just to start again. She never brought Stefan and I far enough to where she would need to feed us her blood.

When she finally became bored of playing around with us she killed off the others making my father and us watch as she promised she had much worse in store for the three of us. As she threw our father onto the ground she told Stefan and I how she had come across Kathrine and the other vampires once she had escaped our home.

"You know it was all so easy for me to convince her to help me, although I did have to compel her not to tell a soul of her true purpose here in Mystic Falls." Isolde giggled as she had a far off look in her eyes.

Trying to stand I opted to reason with her though looking back it would have never truly worked. "Please Isolde we are your family. Do not do this to us we regret everything that happened to you while in our father's care. Please make the pain stop."

Grabbing me by the throat she lifted me from the ground as her eyes became a bright amber color as small veins popped out around them. "How many times did I repeat those same words while you did nothing but watch Damon? There may have been a time once long ago when you could have reasoned with me but I now do not care about your wishes and pleading."

"If Kathrine is your friend why didn't you save her tonight?" Stefan asked cautiously from against the wall.

Throwing me to the ground she leaned gingerly against the table as I tried to regain the breath she had choked from my body. "Kathrine did everything correctly accept one small thing. She fell in love with you fools which is why she had to burn tonight with the rest of them. Well as much fun as this had been I am tired of playing now so let's finish the last few steps shall we."

Stefan coward in fear as she flashed in front of him pulling him to his feet she whispered to him before snapping his neck. I knew deep in my heart that I was next in line which was quickly confirmed as she was now standing in front of me. A smirk was plastered on her lips as she yanked me to my feet.

"See you soon brother." Those words she spat at me were the last thing I heard before my world went black.

Gasping I sat straight up feeling my neck as Stefan stooped in front of me. "Are you alright Damon?"

Shaking my head I looked at him. "No I am not. What is happening to us?"

"You are in transition and soon you will be full blown vampires." Isoldes voice was laced with joy as a sickly sweet smile played on her lips.

"Why are you doing this Isolde? If you hate us as much as you claim why would you want us to live forever?" Stefan's voice was loud and hard as he turned to her.

Laughter left her body before she spoke. "Oh you two really are not all that bright. I had Kathrine turn you because if you live forever then I can torture you forever. Now stop asking idiotic questions so we can complete your transition."

Looking down at our father Isolde wore a sadistic smile on her beautiful face. Pulling him roughly to his feet by the collar of his shirt she drug him over to where Stefan and I stood. As she stood there her eyes changed again before she bit down on his neck. The smell filled my nostrils causing a hunger to erupt in me that I had never felt before. I could not stop myself from grabbing him and biting down. Stefan soon followed suit.

I could still hear Isolde's laughter as Stefan and I killed our father and set our fate into motion. Little did I know that what was to soon come was far worse than what we experienced that night. I knew she was pissed but exactly how pissed I did not. We had done something far worse to her than what she had went through as a child and she fully intended to make sure we suffered.