Status: It will be slow at first...bear with me.

Time to Fly

Rise of the Runaways - Crown The Empire

I woke up at 6:45 am due to having a heavy pressure on my chest. When I cracked my eyes, I saw my foster sister Claire sitting on me and looking like a complete lunatic.

"Uh can I help you?" I grumbled out while trying to go back to sleep.

"I've missed you! I'm sorry I missed you yesterday! I didn't get back until today, well like ten minutes ago and when mom told me you were here I came barreling up the stairs! I had to see for myself! You're home!" She hugged me, rolled off me, and just laid down in my bed with me.

"I am, baby girl. How was respite?" I kissed her cheek and got up so I could get ready for the day.

"It's good. I'm glad I'm back home. I understood moms couldn't take care of me this weekend. I have a cool respite family." She beamed at me while sitting up and playing with her hair.

We got Claire when she was four years old. Her mom was a crack head, and her dad was an alcoholic asshole. After the cops were called to their house over a domestic dispute, Claire was put into the foster system, and moms adopted her. She's 14 now, and we are currently in the process of adopting her.

"Yeah but that's your last one! We are getting you soon, officially. Are you excited?" I picked up my phone to see that Josie was going to pick me up around 7:45.

"Yes! We can be officially sisters!" She jumped on my bed!

"We already are, asshat. Now go get dressed, you have school!" I shoved her off my bed and walked into the bathroom.

- - - - - - -
I came trotting down the stairs and checked my phone last time and saw that it read 7:15.

"Good morning!" I said as I rounded the corner into the kitchen.

"Finally you came down! How long does it take for a girl to get ready?" Ashton grumbled at me.

"Sorry, not all of us sneak out and go drinking on a school night." I whispered in his ear as I patted his head.

"Fuck you." He grumbled.

"Good morning, sweetie!" Chloe and my mom came into the kitchen.

"Hey moms!" I kissed both their cheeks as I went to the fridge.

"GRAND ENTERANCE FOR CLAIRE!" Claire screamed as she ran into the kitchen.

"Shut up!" Ashton screamed at us all.

"Oh did someone sneak out last night again?" Chloe chuckled.

Ashton and I both snapped out heads up and looked at her. Both her and my mom were laughing.

"What you didn't think we would notice?" My mom said as she put an advil and a water in front of him. "We were 18 once." She kissed his cheek.

"Alright! Tonight, we have to go to an event. Gordo will bring you guys your outfits for tonight. Ashton, try to not hit on any of the models." Chloe said as she grabbed her coffee, kissed my moms cheek, and then walked out the door. "LOVE YOU ALL!" She screamed.

"Why does she just assume I hit on everyone?" Ashton grumbled.

"Oh honey, it's because you do." Mom laughed and kissed his head. "I'm out! I'll see you both tonight. Love you. Come on, Claire!" She grabbed all her stuff and left.

Asthon and I sat in silence for about five minutes before we heard the door fly open!

"Bitches! Let's go!" Josie screamed as her and Olivia came into the kitchen.

"You excited for your first day back?" Olivia asked me.

"I think so." I laughed nervously.

I didnt' know if I really was or wasn't.

"Let's go! We dont want to be late. I mean, it is the rise of the runaway!" Josie said as she grabbed my arm.

"Very funny." I grumbled as we walked out.
- - - - - - -
"God. I didn't miss this place." I said as I shuffled my way through the student body to find my locker.

"But I missed you in here, and that's all that matter." Josie said with a hint of sadnesss in her voice.

I felt guilty for leaving her so I reached out for her hand and squeezed it.

"I'm so excited! Think about it, Riles. We can go to parties all the time again!" He shook me as he was talking.

I rolled my eyes. "No you mean, I'll be taking care of you as you go out and party." I laughed as I pushed his hands off me.

"That's what I said, wasn't it?" He laughed. "But look, I'm going to take off. I'm going to go visit Jeremy. You'd really like him, he's cool!" He took off before I could say anything.

I looked at Josie and Olivia. "Jeremy?"

Josie and Olivia looked at each other with worry.

"Well, you see, Jeremy became Ashton's really good friend once you left. They were friends when you were here, but because you and Ash are so close he didn't really hang out with him. But when you left, Ash took it the hardest and he began going down a dark road and Jeremy helped him come out of it." Josie said all in one breath, obviously meaning it's a sore subject.

I looked at her wide eyes. My brother went down a dark road? He took it the hardest? But he knew it wasn't his fault, I just had to leave! My heart is completly shattered right now.

"Right. Well I'm glad Jeremy was there!" I smiled at them. "Let's get going."

Before we could move out of my lockers, a very famililar blonde stopped in our path.

"You're back?" Alannah looked at me.

She looked completely different.

"Uh yeah." I rubbed my other arm. "Yesterday."

Alannah was my best friend from seventh grade year to the year I disappeared. She tried contacting me many times, but the only one I answered was my mom.

"Well congrats. Just make sure you know where you stand this time. Don't want your misfit attitude to ruin this school." She snapped at me.

All of the sudden, a tiny little brunnette came running over to her.

"Alannah. Hunter said -" She stopped short when she saw this. She waved at us. "Uh hi, I'm Skylar.

"Hi." I mumbled. "I'm Riley."

She turned to Alannah. "Let's go!" She took off down the hall.

"See you, Riley." She barked at me.

As soon as she left, I looked at Olivia and Josie.

"Holy shit." I gasped. "She's a bitch!"

"That's what happens when you become cold." Josie shrugged. "But Liv and I gotta go! Good luck, babe!" She kissed my cheek as Olivia waved at me.

"Bye guys!"

Unlucky for me, I didn't have the first two classes with anyone. But from third to eighth I do, including lunch.

I was looking at my schedule when someone ran into me.

"Oh god. I'm sorry!" I said as I picked up my stuff.

"It's fine. Just watch where you're going. Next time I won't be so kind." He snapped at me.

I was baffled at how rude this guy was so I looked up at him. He was one of those people that had a cocky attitude that needed to be put into place.

He picked up his hat and looked at me.

"What am I going to have to help you up too?" He was beyond angry with me and I was getting beyond angry with him.

"Excuse you?" I snapped at him he widened his eyes. "I don't know who the fuck you think you are, but trust me, I don't want your help. I apolgoized, you don't have to be so rude. You do realize how hard it is to be new here? So how about you pull your head out of your ass and make sure someone is okay before you go around stomping on their heads!" I was breathing heavily by the time I was done.

"Do you know who you are talking to?" He bellowed at me.

I rolled my eyes. "No. And I don't honestly give a flying fuck. You could be the Queen of England and I would still say the same shit to you. You don't go around being a dick." I stood up and grabbed my bag. "Now if you'll excuse me, I gotta find my class."

I started to walk off but before I could he grabbed me.

"I'm fucking Hunter Williams." He was talking through his teeth.

I kindly took his hand off my arm and I smiled at him.

"That's nice. I'm Riley fucking Davis."

With that, I left Hunter Williams standing in the hallway.
♠ ♠ ♠
Boom. 3 months later.
Even though no one reads this.
But I'll just talk to myself. (: