Home Alone

It reminded him of the movie Home Alone.

Jack had never thought that he would end up spending Christmas alone, least of all this Christmas that he had so many plans for. The whole day was meant to be busy from start to finish and now...well, Jack had no idea what he was going to do for tomorrow.

He was stuck in New York, staying in a tiny box of a hotel room in a hotel right on a main highway that the airline got for him. He couldn’t complain because at least he had a room and a bed, but the fact he was stuck here while most of his family was at his house is LA sucked. He was meant to fly out two days go but that flight was delayed numerous times before being cancelled all together due to the weather, then he was meant to fly out in the early hours of this morning, than that got cancelled just as he arrived at the airport because an approaching snow storm.

The next flight is meant to be on the twenty-seventh. Jack hoped it would be third time lucky.

Until then he had a bit over two days to wait and do whatever with. This is why he was walking around the edges of Central Park during sunset. The storm passed a couple of hours ago, but he always heard stories of how the park looked amazing after a snow fall. Those people, as it turns out, were right.

Besides human and a few animal footprints, the snow laid untouched, clinging to every surface possible and even a few icicles here and there. With the sun going down leaving a golden glow being cast, the sight was beautiful. Normally Jack wasn’t hugely into photography, that was Zack’s thing, but now he was taking photos of everything on his phone and sending a lot of them to people, mostly to his family to show he was alright.

After walking around for a while he found a bench to watch the last of the sunset before he goes in search of a cafe or something to get dinner from on the way back to the hotel. It going to feel weird eating alone in a public place, not being used to it, but it’s a lot better than eating at the hotel alone in his room.

Jack sat there for a long time before it got dark. With a sigh he got up begin his track back through the park, passing by a lot of people who were doing the same. It sort of reminded him of the movie Home Alone which made him smile.

Yeah it was going suck having Christmas alone, but Jack wasn’t going to let that bother him. He had family and friends waiting at home when he finally makes it back and if he can managed to get to the cinemas early enough on Boxing Day he can watch the new Hobbit movie before the rest of the guy get to and spend the next two weeks rubbing it in their faces.

Maybe having Christmas alone won’t be such a horrible thing after all. Maybe he could even find a shop still selling chocolate on the way back too.
♠ ♠ ♠
Has anyone ever written a AU story where Jack was in the movie Home Alone? If so I'd love to read it, it would be awesome. xD

Happy Holidays!