Dear Future, I Bought You.

01

I pulled back the bed sheets and dropped one of the over-stuffed pillows onto the floor. A yawn escaped my mouth as I stretched my arms above my head.

Today had been another long ass day at the 24-Hour Diner, I worked at. I know, it isn't a dream job, but I like the people and the pay makes ends meet.

I don't know many people in the area, but it doesn't bother me. I'd been living in this little apartment for just over a year. It's only a basic third floor apartment. But that's just me. Basic. I love the basic things in life. Even if it's down to my own company.

Before I got into bed, I put on my over sized hoodie, that I slept in. I had this weird thing, that I always had to feel warm and snuggly when I slept. Pulling the duvet up around me, I switched off the bedside lamp and put my head on the pillow.

I tossed and turned a few times, until I felt comfortable enough to sleep. As I shut my eyes, I began to think about tomorrow. I had agreed to switching to the night shift at the diner, to help out the boss. I didn't mind, as the evenings were usually pretty quiet, although you do get the occasional weirdo causing a bit of chaos.

A soft sigh escaped my lip, as I pushed those thoughts aside as I let myself give in to the sleep that was beginning to take over my body.

Matt's POV

Seated in the dark car, which was parked up opposite the apartment block. I watched the window of her apartment, as she stretched her arms, then got into bed, switching off the light.

My one hand rested on the steering wheel of the car, while the other picked at a loose thread on my dark jeans. I had been watching this girl for a few months and knew her daily routine like the back of my hand. All I had to do was stay here for the next few hours, until sunrise. Then I could return to the mansion.

Little did the girl know about what she was...what she is...and what she'll become. She knew nothing about the danger she is in, until she realizes who she is and what she can do. But as of right now, she is just a human girl, all alone in the world.

As I rubbed my dark eyes, an all familiar scent reached my nose. My actions instantly stopped, as my eyes turned black and narrowed.

He was here.

Slowly getting out of the car, my eyes narrowed, as I searched down the dark road from him.

"You won't stop me Shadows."

My eyes looked straight ahead, as His lone figure stood in the middle of the deserted road, about ten foot in front of me. Alex smirked at me, causing his fangs to glint in the moon light.

A low growl rumbled through my chest. "I'll never let you get to her. You'll never taste her blood."

"Oh I will Shadows." Alex taunted, as he disappeared into the dark night. But his voice echoed around me int eh cold air, "I'll get her sooner than you think."

Cursing under my non-existent breath, I climbed back into the car and resumed my position, guarding her.

There was no way I'd ever let Alex get to her. I'd protect Scarlet until that day came...And it was coming soon.