Status: I'm still working on this story and i know it needs a lot of work still.

A Hero's Calling

Chapter 5, Death do us Part

After a while I noticed that I was driving past an old looking airport with trees, grass, and vines covering most of the runway and the only hanger that it had there was a plane parked on what was left of the runway, it was definitely them. I parked the car on the side of the road didn’t want them to see me pull in and give away what I was about to do let alone have something happen to Jane before I have a chance to even get inside the building.
“Jak, your small enough to slip in with out anyone of them see you, unlike me, why do you go ahead of me and scout ahead of me?” I said while crouching behind the car.
Jak crawled out of the same door as I had stepped out and begun to try and work his way over to the hanger and up some crates that where near a window. I noticed Jak peeked his head through the window then back out and glided back to the car.
“So, how are things looking for us?” I asked.
“There are six of them including the one female you were telling your Gray about, as well as Jane sitting in a corner but there is an odd looking fellow standing out by the hanger door.” Jak replied.
I started over to the back seat and picked up one of the rifles and through it over my shoulder and cocked and made sure the over was loaded. Then begun to sneak over to the window as well, Jak followed behind me. It was kind of funny to see a dragon the size of a large cat try to look all big and bad let alone try to sneak. So I smiled and bit and tried to peak around the corner without the one man that Jak was telling me about, he was sit there. To me he didn’t seem like he was the same as the others, kind of like he didn’t belong or out of place. I also noticed that Jane wasn’t to far from the main hanger door, as well as the others were around a card table, but the one other girl that had taken Jane in the first place. Which I guess is a bonus, and I’m willing to taken any chance of getting her back alive at all possible. I turned back to see if Jak was next to me, only to see Uncle Gray’s face. I about shouted out, if it wasn’t for him quickly putting his hand over my mouth.
“Now, I maybe barely a part of this family, but I know you, and it wasn’t hard to take your phone here, let alone was able to get myself teleported here with even you knowing I was here.” Gray had said very softly to me and yet with a firm voice. I handed him the rifle that I had shouldered, and he reach out with a glove with an oddly looking triangle shaped gem inlaid in the palm of the glove. It also looked like there were empty slots where other gems could be placed around the larger gem, the brown leather glove fit nice and over mine.
“That was my first gauntlet I ever used, the one I now carry was your grandfathers, and I think its time you have your first, which I was hoping your dad would give you.” Uncle Gray said to me as he rested the gun up on the side of the building.
I glanced over it a could of times trying to figure out what it was used for and why he hand to me in the first place. I noticed that he was wearing one as well.
“I’ll show you how to use it a little bit later, but right now we need to hurry on and get into there and not only rescue Jane but figure out why the hell they took her in the first place since I’ve never seen them before so I’m not sure what they are planning.” Uncle gray said as both of us looked around the corner of the building.
As we began to round the corner a large blue and gray portal just randomly appeared out of nowhere and a fully armored man stepped out of the portal and it closed behind him
His armor looked very old yet nothing like I’ve even seen like any of the textbooks I read about back in college. He pulled a sword from his side and a weapon that could only be described that is was out of some futuristic video game. He started firing towards Jane and the six others. Uncle gray and I stood in amazement has he dropped all of them without a blink of an eye other then the female that was standing next to Jane. I ran over to the mysterious man and looked as the other woman stood over Jane with a pistol forced closely to her head.
The mysterious man took off his helmet and placed it on the ground next to him, he kind of reminded me of my dad a little bit and his dark green eyes made me thing I’ve seen him before.
“I’ll set my weapons down if you set yours down and you get to walk away scot free.” He shouted across the hang and began to place his weapons on the ground.
He kicked them away from him; Uncle Gray was also standing next to me, and both of us as well tossed our weapons away from us.
“Jane everything is going to be okay.” I shout out to her.
I could tell from over where I was standing that she was crying and trying to be brave. I wasn’t sure what to do; I had never thought any of this was going to happen.
The woman that was standing over Jane, and I could see her press the gun even closer to her head since Jane’s head had moved a bit.
“I love you.” Jane scream out over to me.
The woman threw off her hood and let out her bright red hair, her hair blended well with her tan skinned face.
“For the good of all mankind.” The woman said has she pulled the trigger.
Jane’s now lifeless body fell to the ground, I could feel my heart almost suddenly stop beating in my chest. I grabbed the future looking pistol that the mysterious look man had thrown to the pavement next to him and began to ran at her, and before I could even move Uncle Gray grabbed me, and the other guy reached for a handle on his belt and some how materialized a small hand gun and shot out a electrical bolt and stunned the red headed girl her body fell to the ground next to Jane’s.
By that time I was about in tears and screaming out.
“HEY! She gone, you can grieve now or when Amber wakes up from that stun get some answers.” The mysterious man yelled out to me.
“Who are you, really, and how the hell do you know her name?” I asked while trying to calm down.
He walked over to Jane’s body and picked her up. As he stood up the same portal opened up behind him.
“I’m James Fair, I’m forty six years old, I’m form the year 2062, and I’m here to keep you guys alive.” He stated as stepped through the portal.
I stood there wondering, as the portal closed behind him, why the hell he took Jane’s body and with the fact that what in gods name would someone from the future would be looking after us in the first place. I had so many question and no answers, let alone know where to look for those question.
“What should I do now?” I said as I looked up at uncle gray since I had feel to me knees.
“What we should do is get back to the house and let Kate know what happened and figure out who the hell these people are.” Uncle Gray said has we walked over to this beautiful red haired woman still was lying on the ground.
Gray walked over to her and grabbed some of the rope that Jane had been tied up with, and tied her up and threw her over his should and begun to walk over to his truck that he had parked right behind me.
“Uncle Gray, what is this gauntlet all about that you had me put on?” I said as I got up from the slum I was in and begun to walk over to his truck.
“Once we get back to the house, your training with that will begin, follow me back.” He said back over to me and began to pull away.
I walked over to the car and got in. Jak hopped off the hood, his purple scales still seem bright as he got into the car.
“Dave, everything will be alright, I believe in you.” Jak said to me with a sense of kindness in his voice that I was not use to.