Enemies Can't Fall in Love

How My Story Begins

All I remember shortly after becoming what I am today is this insane, unbearable, fire burning sensation which did nothing but consume me. The burning sensation didn’t last long however. I woke up an knew that something was wrong or at least that’s what I thought. When I stood I realized I had this insane capability of sight, I was seeing every single detail in front of me, details that I knew I had never seen before. What was also strange was that I could pick up on ever sound that’s surrounding me. Once I took a breath however I realized how bad that was, how my throat began to burn with such intensity. I looked around to see where I was, where I could possibly be. I had decided to get up, walk around to see where I was, I didn’t walk but run. Running scared me at first due to the speed at which I ran. I didn’t expect it, so I was a little freaked out about it. I finally realized where I was, by this creek that I always snuck off to. The creek was my little hide away spot, my hang out whenever I didn’t want to be bothered. When I leaned over to the water I looked at it to see my reflection, I didn’t believe what I saw staring back. I was bother utterly stunned yet shocked at what I saw. I looked beautiful, flawless, no imperfections or flaws that I’ve grown to know and love. No more pimples or freckles I’ve grown used to, they were all gone. I couldn’t understand what had happened to me and who this was staring back at me. I moved to see my reflection move as well so I knew it was in fact me. Then my attention went to the eyes. They were this vibrant, bright red, it was strange yet also creepy. I closed them so I didn’t have to see them at the moment. But once they were closed, I instantly could hear this heartbeat that sounded not far. I estimated about two miles from me. Then I could smell the blood, almost tasting it already.
Out of instinct I guess, I ran closer to the smell of blood and the heartbeat, I wanted to see what was the source. As the source grew closer I peaked out from behind the tree hiding me and saw. It was my younger sister; Adelia; walking along the path I showed her that lead to the creek. It was just a week ago that I showed her that secret path. Instinctively, my lips pulled back, out from my mouth deep in my throat came a growl and I also noticed I had gotten into a crouching/lunging position too. When she looked in my direction I crouched down lower, it was as if her eyes met with mine and at that moment I knew I couldn’t bring myself to do what I was supposed to do. I closed my eyes, I waited until she was down the path more, I mumbled: Sorry Adelia. I will always miss you baby sis! and ran before I could do anything or before I would act on instincts again.
I ran for miles because I was afraid of stopping, afraid that if I smelled any type blood I’d just attack no matter who it was. Even though my throat was burning, I knew it wasn’t right to take anyone’s life, especially when it’s not that person’s time. Once I finally stopped, I looked around for a bit, trying to figure out where I had ended up. Hmm, I’ve only been running for a few hours and somehow ended up in Indiana? What’s happened to me, I wish there was some way of knowing or at least finding out, Adeline. I just sat right where I was thinking and not knowing anything when I both heard and smelled something appealing. When I ran after the scent, tracking it down I realized it was a small pack of brown bears. I was just so overcome with thirst that I just got into position and lunged before I knew it. I landed on a bear, we rolled so I wrapped my arms around it until I heard a snapping sound and realized the bear wasn’t fighting back anymore. Once it wasn’t fighting back, I focused all my attention on it’s neck, pulling back the fur an just began drinking. Once I finished I left the empty bear there and tracked the others. I must’ve had about the whole pack before the burning in my throat finally seemed to subside. I knew that I needed to find out what happened an all of that, but didn’t know how. I had thought about just walking into the library in this town and just look up all the information I can but something in my newly fast paced mind told me not to do that ever, that I couldn’t unless it was a cloudy day. I decided to keep running instead, running a few states over and found a small group that looked like me. I asked them some questions and informed them of what I remember that happened. In turn I was informed that I am in fact a vampire, in fact I’m what’s called a Newborn, I’m very strong in the first year of my vampire life. The few older vampires that were in their way looking out for me and were the ones that informed me of everything I thanked. I wanted to learn more, but none of them had any more information to give me. I was told one key information that’s very important and must never forget: Keeping vampires a secret is extremely important, in fact it’s a law. If I were to ever forget this, it’ll cost me my existence, I’d be destroyed. I didn’t want that to happen, so I made sure I was covered up, I got a hold of some sunglasses and walked into the library (http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=142428166). The librarian let me look around for the day, so I went through the books grabbing as many as I could that had anything to do with vampires, then sat down studying them. When I left, a newborn in the area grabbed me and pulled me into the woods. Garrett:” I hear you’re trying to learn as much as you can about what we are, true?” Adeline:” Well yes I am, I’m very curious and would like to know as much as possible. Why do you ask?” He didn’t say anything but I heard what he was thinking, which I found really strange especially since I wasn’t used to it. Adeline:” So, you want to give me an acquaintances’ name but you aren’t sure if you should?” Garrett(smiling):” Ah I see, you have an extra special talent as well. Yes, who you want to speak with to learn all about our kind is my dear friend Carlisle Cullen. Now, may I ask a question of my own? (I gave him a slight nod) I haven’t seen you around here before, where are you from?” Adeline:” I grew up and lived in Newark, New Jersey (looks away sadly with a little guilt across my face) I’ve been running ever since I was turned since I don’t quite remember being turned bitten or any of that. But I’ve been running ever since, the first person I tried attacking well almost attacked and killed was my younger sister. I was terrified and have been running since. A few states back some other vampires I met told me the main rule and what I’ve now become. I just…I don’t kill people, I don’t think I can nor do I think it’s right.” Garrett:” So you’ve been surviving off of what, then?” Adeline:” Animals. The first animal I went after due to the intense thirst was a pack of brown bears. I took them out and have just been hunting animals ever since. If I come close to any humans, thirsty or not, I run.” Garrett smiled and gave me a slight nod. Garrett:” You know, I haven’t seen Carlisle in a while. I think I will deliver you to him.” He knew the way and we were off. When we needed to feed, he’d go off doing his thing while I stayed in the woods hunting for my kill.
Meanwhile at the Cullen’s house, Alice:” Ah Carlisle, Garrett will be here shortly and he’s brought a visitor.” As we grew closer to our destination, I smelled something that stung my nose. Something that stunk. Carlisle looked at Alice surprised, he glanced in Edward’s direction who nodded and left. He went to inform the wolves that they had visitors to not attack them. Jake informed his pack, then he informed Sam as well. They all simply waited.