Enemies Can't Fall in Love

Meeting The Cullens

I stopped for a moment, closed my eyes and felt two people coming my way from the right. I ran up the closest tree just in case whatever was coming belonged to that god awful smell. I ran among the trees jumping with grace while Garrett stood watching and smiling the whole time. I had this feeling come over me and simply just began looking around when I noticed this huge dog below me. I could feel that he was in fact friendly, that he wasn’t going to harm me. I’m Jake, are you here for the Cullens? Jake. I looked into those eyes and simply nodded, Adeline:” Yes Jake, we’ve come here to see someone by the name of Carlisle. My friend Garrett here has brought me here to meet with him. He thinks this Carlisle will have the answers I seek for the many questions I’ve. Oh and I’m Adeline, by the way. (mumbles) Weird, I can feel what he’s feeling as well as Garrett now too. I’m so confused, I don’t understand any of this.” I can take you to the Cullens. Please, follow me, Jake. I gave the slightest of nods, but stayed farther behind him. Soon enough we arrived at the house, this beautiful immaculate house and standing in front of the house were nine others. From what I could tell, all vampires except the small girl that had a heartbeat that I heard. I assumed the one that stepped forward was Carlisle, Carlisle:” Thank you Jacob. I’m Carlisle and Garrett my dear friend, what brings you here?” Garrett:” I’ve been brought here due to this young newborn right there. Adeline, she has been trying to gain as much knowledge about our kind as possible. She claims to be very curious. As you can clearly tell she is in fact a newborn, turned a mere day or so ago. Adeline doesn’t hunt or feed off that of humans but of animals. She has more questions that I nor the other vampires she has encountered can answer. Even now that she can read minds and feel what others feel. I thought of all people to inform or enlighten her would be you?” Carlisle:” You’ve brought her to the right place. Now, can you tell me what happened?” I looked at him and shook my head no, informing him that I could not. I did tell him the little bit that I could remember, plus I informed him on what happened after I woke up and smelled blood. How my instincts took over before I could even get caught up with what was happening, but once I realized it was my younger sister I fought the urges and ran. I just ran, couldn’t do it…” Garrett:” When she told me that she ran from her sister, ran away from human blood that soon after being turned I found that utterly amazing. I’ve never seen let alone heard of a newborn that can resist human blood that close after changing.” Carlisle:” She makes the second vampire I’ve heard of resisting temptation. My daughter Bella here was the same way the day she turned. Now tell me, when did the mind reading an feeling others’ feelings start?” I told that the feelings started after I saw Jake, but the mind reading was hours ago when I met Garrett.
Carlisle informed me on everything while Jasper and Edward helped me with my new talents. Carlisle had given me the option of becoming part of his coven “family” but I just wasn’t sure, although I did spend a lot of my time with them. One morning while I was talking with Rosalie I stopped, I seemed dazed. When she Rosalie noticed it, she immediately called for Alice and Carlisle who came outside quickly. Once I was out of my dazed state I looked around at Carlisle confused. Carlisle:” What is it my dear?” Adeline:” I don’t know, I can’t explain it.” I closed my eyes grabbing his arm, it was like I willed myself to show him what I had just seen and I did someone. He simply looked at me with amazement in his golden honey colored eyes but there was also something else, a hint of fear. As soon as I let his arm go Alice got a vision. Alice:” Word got out of Adeline and her talents. Aro knows she was brought here and by Garrett. He is on his way here to talk with us. As far as right now, he only comes to talk.” Edward:” Is it just Aro, or will both Marcus and Caius be tagging along as well as Jane?” I spoke before Alice, cutting her off informing him the answer to his question; just Aro himself will be coming. Renesmee had walked over to me looking at me for a moment before touching my face. She showed me how I looked coming to see the family. She was trying to tell me in her way everything will be ok, trying to reassure me that in fact what I have been informed is true, no matter how much I didn’t want to believe it. I felt like everything was going to be ok, when Renesmee sat next to me, although Jake was right there behind her, he was at the ready in case something happened. I looked at Carlisle and remembered what he had told me not too long ago about the Volturi as well as what they do. I was about to say something but Esme spoke. Esme:” Don’t worry sweetie, we will all be here and make sure you get to say what you wish to say. As my husband has said, you’re more then welcome to join our family if you choose to. We give others options and help them in any way we can.” I felt like I was at home although Jake was really beginning to piss me off an irritate me. I shot up, spun around and glared at him. Adeline:” Ugh, will you give it up you stupid wet dog? Come on, don’t you think if I was thirsty enough or wanted human blood bad enough that I would’ve just gone after you? Hmm, yet here I stand having not gone after you or her. Maybe it’s just a miracle….” With that I stormed out of the house and went to go hunt when I heard the door behind me. I turned and was surprised to see Rosalie. What surprised me the most was that she was standing there smiling which I didn’t quite understand. Rosalie:” Thank you, that was hilarious. I’m so glad I’m not the only one who still can’t stand him and there’s someone else now that despises him as much as I do.”