Status: Active <3

Run

Fit in

I sighed sleepily as I slid from my bed, I had been in Australia for two weeks now, and it was fun.
Different, but fun all the same.

“We’re going to the beach today, you should come” Ali announced as she walked past my door.

“Good morning to you to AL” I said.

“Sorry” Ali giggled “Anyway, come to the beach” She added.

“Who’s we?” I asked.

“Lex, Miley, Drew, Carly, Kris, Me and Nathan, you’ve met them all remember” Ali said.

“Oh, ok” I sighed.

“We’re leaving in an hour” Ali said before taking off.

I quickly grabbed my bikini from my draw, I never really got a chance to use it in London, so I was
glad to be using it now.
Once I was ready, I made my way down, and ate something.

“You’re not worried about getting a belly before the beach?” Ali asked.

“I don’t really care Al” I pointed out.

“Ok then” Ali shrugged.

“Who’s driving?” I asked, leaning back and sipping some water.

“Kris, he’s already here since you don’t have a licence yet” Ali pointed out.

“Ok, are we ready?” I asked.

“Yeah, let’s go” Kris said, walking into the kitchen.

When we got to the beach, we found a spot and set out our things.

“Swim or tan?” Ali asked/

“I might just tan for a bit” I said, pulling off my dress to reveal my bikini.

“Seriously, I envy you sis” Ali rolled her eyes as she put sun screen on.

“Why?” I asked.

“You look that good, and you ate” Ali said.

“It’s called being hot” I grinned, leaning back on the beach towel.

I put sunscreen on, before leaning back some more and flicking my sun glasses on.

“Going in” Ali said before taking off.

A little while later, I was joined by everyone else.

“Hey” Lexi called out as she walked over plopping down next to me “Where’s Al?” She asked.

“In the water” I shrugged.

“For someone who doesn’t get to the beach much, one, you’re tanned, and two, you’re hot” Lexi
said “Strictly straight speaking” She added.

I laughed “Well thanks Lexi” I said.

Carly and Drew arrived next.

“Seriously, I should get to London” Carly said.

I rolled my eyes “What is with everyone?” I asked.

“You’re like, glowing” She said.

I was happy to hear that, all the bruises had healed now, you couldn’t see them, I didn’t feel so self-
conscious, and them saying all of this kind of made me feel even better about myself.
When Miley and Nathan arrived, Miley looked at me with wide eyes “Dude, why cover yourself up all the time?” She demanded, it was good that I was able to slip into the group so easy, that we were friends and that they could make comments like that.

“I’m not better looking than you guys” I pointed out.

Miley rolled her eyes and plopped down, putting sun screen on.

I noticed that Nathan’s eyes were on me, but he said nothing.

“Hi” I said.

He blinked, shook his head and nodded “Hey” He said.

“You didn’t bring your surf board” I commented, I had remembered from a conversation when we
first met about how he liked to surf.

“Miley drove, she wouldn’t let me bring the board” Nathan sighed.

“So why didn’t you drive then?” Kris demanded, interrupting the conversation between Nathan and
me.

“My cars in the shop, remember?” Nathan frowned.

“Hmm” Kris breathed out.

“Ok” I said.

“So does anyone want some lunch later?” Nathan asked.

Everyone agreed.

“I might, if I can, borrow your car Miles, go grab some food” Nathan said.

“Whatever but ask me for the keys later” Miley said.

Nathan nodded his head and plopped down on the sand next to me, since Lexi had moved.
Kris shook his head, taking off to the water now.

“What is his problem?” Nathan frowned.

“Don’t ask me” I sighed.

“So did you put in your application?” Nathan asked.

“Yeah, in the advanced section, they said they’d get back to me next week” I said.

“When your boyfriend coming?” Nathan questioned, it was funny, he avoided saying Beau’s name,
even though I’m pretty sure he knows it.

“In two weeks” I sighed.

“Exiting” Nathan breathed.

I sighed and nodded “Yeah” I said.

“So, you’re moving in with him?” Nathan asked.

I nodded “Actually, he brought an apartment in the block next to yours” I said.

“Cool” Nathan said.

We talked for a while, and then it hit lunch time.

“Miles” Nathan said.
Miley threw Nathan the keys and he jumped up.

“Need help?” I asked.

“If you want to come” Nathan shrugged.

I jumped up, pulled on my beach dress, and turned, following him to Miley’s car.

“Did you go to the beach much back in London?” Nathan asked.

“When the weather wasn’t shitty” I shrugged.

“How’d you get to tan if you didn’t go like, every day?” Nathan questioned.

I breathed out, he actually admitted to looking at me, to checking me out, if you thought about
it “Well, I’ve always been pretty tan” I shrugged.

“Mmm” Nathan breathed out, pulling onto the road.

“So what are we getting for lunch?” I asked.

“I thought maybe some chickens and chips or something” Nathan said.

“Sounds good” I nodded.

“Kris told me your boyfriend surfs” Nathan commented.

“Uh, well, he did, on the good days, but he got over it” I shrugged; it felt weird to talk to Nathan
about Beau, it was just about the only thing it felt weird to talk to Nathan about.

“He must have been crap, no offence, but if you get over it, it means your crap” Nathan said.

I laughed at this “I actually didn’t ever go to see him surf, but I assume he wasn’t any good because
he came back the first day and was shitty about it, but then tried again, he gave up after a few
weeks” I said.

We pulled up now, getting out grabbing some chickens and chips.

On the drive back, we just talked about random things, it was good to sit there with him, talking, but
what scared me, was that I knew I was a little attracted to him, I mean, he is so sweet, and kind,
and supportive, we haven’t known each other all that long, two weeks is nothing, but for some
reason, I was able to confide in him, talk to him, more than I was ever able to talk to Beau.

“You’re quiet” Nathan said as we pulled up at the beach.

“Mmm, just, thinking” I shrugged.

“Ok” Nathan said before parking, and getting out.

I slid out of the car, grabbing a few bags and following Nathan back to the spot.

“Lunch” Nathan announced, putting the bags down and pulling one over to his spot.

“Share with me” he said to me as I grabbed a bag.

I shrugged, popping the bag down and going to sit by him.

“Why are you sharing?” Kris demanded.

Because we got one lot per two people” Nathan said.

“Is there some problem?” I asked, frowning.

“No” Kris breathed, shaking his head.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3