Status: Just started

Love Bites

Chase

"This isn't a joke, Greer," his tone was harsh and serious. Two things she hated hearing from him. "He didn't send you to California for you to fuck around," she winced at the obscenity and nodded, even though Emery couldn't see her. She pushed her salad around in the bowl in front of her, chewing slowly. "Do you even know this guy? Did you sleep with him? Maybe Mel should take you to the doctor today t-"

"Emery!" Greer practically choked on her mouthful of lettuce at her brother's words. "I didn't sleep with him! God, if the only reason you called me in two weeks is to moan and complain about a photograph, then I really don't want to talk to you. 'How was the game' or maybe even 'how are classes going' but no, I get you bitching me out because I was photographed with some random guy."

Emery audibly sucked in a breath of air and Greer nibbled her bottom lip before taking another bite of her salad. "How was the game?"

"We won."

"Scissor kick?"

"You know it."

The siblings then laughed together through the phone, Melissa rolling her eyes at Greer as she paraded into the kitchen. Emery began to tell Greer about his girlfriend, Bianca, and that the plans to go to Los Angeles to see her parents in December were still intact. Greer had already had her year planned for her by everyone except herself. She'd spend Thanksgiving break in San Diego with her soccer team, as they had a tournament scheduled throughout the week, not counting that Thursday. Then, half way through December she'd leave San Diego and drive to LA to spend Christmas with her brother, his girlfriend's family and her father.

Considering Emery and Bianca had been together since Greer was a freshman in high school and they were both freshman at Texas A&M, she was certain he'd be asking the California-native to marry him sooner or later.

"Alright little sister, I've got to go pick up some groceries. Bianca is cooking me and dad her family's famous Sancocho Trifasico," his hispanic accent was terrible and drew a laugh from Greer.

"I'll pray for you," she teased.

"Thanks," his voice dropped an octave, "I'll need it."

"I heard that!" A muffled voice called and the siblings laughed again. "Love you little sister."

"Love you big brother."

The other end went dead and Greer walked around to the sink, standing beside Melissa before washing out her salad bowl. "My heart is broken," Mel proclaimed, rather over dramatically, "Your brother is actually getting married and it's not to me." She giggled and Greer rolled her eyes. At first, it had been weird that one of her best friends had once dated her brother. She couldn't really call it dating, as it was only his senior prom and he didn't have anyone else to go with.Greer shoved Mel's should playfully before walking back to her bedroom to change for work.

To be honest, Greer wasn't fond of her job. She loved the job, seeing as she was a huge sports fanatic, but her uniform could use some updating. The tight red shorts reminded her of hot pants, lucky that her cheeks weren't hanging out the bottom, and it was paired with a baseball tee, her name on the back. Knee high socks and red converse were the only things she actually enjoyed about her ensemble. With a sigh, she tied a red bandana through her hair, which was up in a ponytail, and slid a pair of Nebraska earrings into her lobes. The only reason she had anything to do with the Big 10 Conference was the fact that red was her favorite color and A&M wasn't playing that night.
"I'm out of here, Mel," the blonde turned away from her laptop, glasses on her nose and a spoon in her mouth.

"Bring me back some wings!" Greer snorted out a laugh and shook her head as she walked out to her car.

xxx


Work flew by rather uneventfully, until the last hour that Greer was closing up. "What is going on out there?" Greer's boss, Zachary, was staring out the window of the sport's bar. Girls were gathered around, holding cameras and phones as they swarmed. Greer's fists clenched and she shook her head, slamming the menus down after she had finished wiping the almost-empty bar down. There were only a few people left in Reggie's Sports Bar and Grille, most of them people who frequented the small joint. She met Zach's gaze with an apologetic gaze and re-tied her apron.

"I think it's my fault," she admitted, rubbing her temples. Zach's hand found her back and he rubbed her skin through her shut, scowling.

"I saw your twitter mentions..." Greer threw her head back with a groan, starting her own check out with the money she made that night. Zach supervised, but was barely paying attention. "I'm sure it will all blow over..."

"It will, but the fact they know so much about me already is really unnerving." His hand was still resting on her back. "I'm sorry, Zach," she sighed, eyes dropping to the floor. He shrugged and threw her a lopsided grin while breathing out a s'alright. Greer tipped out the bartender and the hostesses before giving Zach a one-armed hug.

"Do you need me to let you out the back?" His smile was genuine, but his tone held his infamous sarcasm.

Greer nudged him playfully with his shoulder and shook her head as she picked up the thin, black and white varsity jacket that Reggie's supplied for its workers. A big black and white R took up the left panel and Greer's had her name monogrammed on the right side. "I'll live. They look like they're barely in high school." Zachary nodded and opened the side door for her, reminding her that she had to be back for Sunday night football the following night. She turned, walking backwards, and gave him a two finger salute, grinning widely.

"She's over here!" A voice called and Zachary swung the side door shut, Greer jogging down the sidewalk. Her red converse pounded the concrete as the voices behind her grew louder. Why she had to park so far away, she'd never know. She always blamed it on the fact she liked a brisk jog to work when she was running late.

A couple of girls suddenly came from her left and Greer panicked, suddenly feeling slightly afraid. These were teenage girls and they were acting as if they were rabid animals. She lowered her head, pumped her arms, and finally met the cool metal of her vehicle, finally turning around to face the teenagers. They exchanged choice words, Greer trying not to make a complete fool of herself as she berated the girls for chasing after her. Why was it so hard to respect another's privacy?

To be honest, she didn't even remember the entire night before, so this was insane.

She slammed her door shut, finally, a cup exploding against her window. With a curse, she slammed on the gas, tearing down the road. She ripped into her and Melissa's building after a few blocks, slamming the door once more as she stomped to the elevator. Riding it for eight floors, with crossed arms and a tapping foot, she eventually stormed through their condo's door. A scream left her lips, ripping through the dark room as she threw her fists down by her side.

Melissa's bedroom door flew open, a black facial mask adorning her skin as she stared at Greer with wide, blue eyes. Neither said anything and Melissa was soon laughing as she took in Greer's tense form. The waitress cracked a smile and fell back onto the couch, tired giggles leaving her mouth. "Oh my god, Mel, they were crazy..." The blonde leaned over the back of the leather sofa, blinking slowly at her best friend.

"The fans?"

Greer nodded and Melissa shook her head, still laughing. "I told you before you even went to the club to see that guy," she chastised. Greer didn't want to admit it, but she had, in fact, purposely brought the team to the club that the band had been rumored to be at. The fact that they were soccer players for UCSD, however, got them past the line rather quickly. She had only planned on meeting one of them, though, not bringing him home with her. "Same thing happened to me when pictures of Niall and I surfaced. That boy had the lips of an angel, I swear."

Greer cocked an eyebrow and Melissa just laughed. She had had her fair share of run ins with people on the famous track, seeing as she used to work in one of the biggest clubs in San Diego. She had escorted a Mr. Niall Horan back home and soon, his fan base was out for her head. It lasted only a few short weeks, however, and neither Melissa or the blonde Irishman had talked since.

The picture, however, the picture was too good to forget. Greer had even gone as far as getting it blown up and placed in Mel's room before it was thrown away during their move.

213 : Can I FaceTime you?

After showing Mel the text, Greer nibbled on her bottom lip. She really wasn't in the mood, despite her making light of the situation. She heard Mel walk away for a second before bringing her a can of Sprite and a bag of Fritos and then disappearing back into her own bedroom. With a defeated sigh, Greer pressed the FaceTime option on her iPhone, watching the screen call Calum. Suddenly, his face was on the screen, looking awfully guilty and Greer could feel her heart pound in her throat.

"Greer, I am so, so sorry... I promise I had no i-"

"Calum, it's okay," her laugh flooded the sound on both of their ends, causing a smile to curl on his face. "It's Cali, people are insane. Mel went through something like this a few years ago." He nodded, seeming to think for a second. "My roommate who apparently walked in on us." He nodded quickly, realization washing over him.

"I see you covered them pretty well," he soon smirked and Greer's hand shot to her neck, eliciting a laugh from Calum's lips.

"A lot of make up, Hood, a lot of make up."

They laughed together and soon the phone was moved away from the Aussie boy to encompass three others. Greer's breath caught in her throat at the fact that the entire band was staring back at her. "So this is the girl causing all of the problems!" Ashton practically shouted and Greer waved awkwardly.

"For the record, Calum approached me first last night."

"Actually," Michael suddenly piped up, his hair too dark to really tell what color it was, "one of your football teammates was talking to Calum about you first." It was irritating that she couldn't remember anything from the night before. A lot of heavy drinking does that to someone though. Greer nodded, sucking her bottom lip past her teeth as she grew slightly nervous. "So have you seen the video?"

"Video?"

"Yeah, some girl took a video of what happened tonight."

"I'm so sorry Greer!" Calum said again and she shook her head, rolling her eyes.

"It's okay, not a big deal!" She glanced at the clock above the television and sighed, yawning suddenly. "Guys, I'm really tired... it's been a long, confusing day. I'm going to go give Twitter your number now, okay?" The five of them suddenly all laughed together and Greer waved her goodbye, the phone soon focused just on Calum. He wore a goofy grin and Greer hung up, brow furrowed.

What was going on?

@FearTheGreer : Goodnight creepers

@Calum5SOS : @FearTheGreer sorry, I can't help myself
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sick... I'm sorry...