Status: Have a nice year!

Happy New Year

Happy New Year

“Jack asked me to be his boyfriend.”
“Alex kissed me in public.”
“Jack fell on a dog shit. Hahahaha”
“Real funny, ha-ha. Alex came in the middle of night because he missed me” Jack looked straight into Alex’s eyes, grinning. Alex blushed furiously and picked up another paper hastily.
“Jack randomly brought ice-cream to my dorm room when I was sick.” Alex smiled a little at the memory.
“Valentine Day as a whole.”
“Dad is cancer-free now.” Alex let out a small sigh.
“Alex, you okay?” Jack carefully placed his hand on Alex’s knee in comforting manner. Alex kept his gaze on the ground. He just needed a moment to calm down.
“I’m okay. It brings back the memory.” Alex gave Jack his sincere smile.
“Want to talk about it?” Jack asked. He knew his boyfriend so well that he knew Alex needed to talk it out or else, it will bother him to no end.
“This year has been a roller-coaster for me, Dad was getting worse. Hell, he was in a hospital bed for a solid five months. But then, miracle happened. He is better than ever. I couldn’t be grateful enough for that.” Jack reached out to caress Alex’s face, felt him leaning into the touch and closed his eyes. “You can continue, I finished mine” Alex opened his eyes to look at Jack back. Jack reached the bottom of the jar to grab the last piece of paper in that.
“Danced in the rain with Alex. That was the last of it.” Jack closed the lid of the jar and moved it aside. He moved behind Alex and pulled his boyfriend by the waist and tightened his grip. Alex let out a content sound and smiling at the new warmth against his back and in his chest. He put his hand on Jack’s, unconsciously stroking it.
That was a tradition between the two boys every year. Reading pieces of papers in the jar. But, not just a paper, they were their happy memories throughout the whole year. They determined to move on to the next year in happy memory. Instead of going to party, getting wasted and getting laid, they chose to have a quiet night just the two of them. It became a thing for them. Started way back in their fourth grade, when partying was not a choice.
“Thanks Jack, for the amazing year.” Jack nuzzled his face into Alex’s messy brunet hair, mumbling something incoherent.
“Jack, I don’t have ears up there.” He chuckled lightly at his boyfriend’s antic.
“I said; thanks to you too, dork.”
“How many minutes left until 2015?
“10. Alex, describe 2014 in one word?”
“Um, roller-coaster. You?”
“Love. Lots of love.”
“Aww, you are such a cheese ball.”
“I am not a cheese ball, you moron.”
“Yes, you are a cheese ball, MY cheese ball, all mine.” Alex chuckled and Jack decided that it was his favourite sound from now.
10.. 9.. 8.. 7..
Alex straightened his body and sat upright, rotating his body 180 degree so that he was facing his beloved boyfriend. He cupped Jack’s face, stroking lightly on his cheek. He stared straight into Jack’s eyes. The eyes he loved the most, the eyes that never lied to him, the eyes that comfort him, the eyes that full of adoration and love. He was drowning in those eyes. Alex smiled fondly when Jack’s hands found his waist, bringing them closer.
1..
Jack leant in and caught Alex’s lips. It was a sweet, innocent kiss but butterflies erupted in their stomach. They could’ve sworn that it was magical, with fireworks erupted in the background and city lights illuminating from below. If time can be stopped, they wouldn’t think twice to stop it and let the moment lasted forever. After a moment, they pulled away. A stray of tear fell from Alex’s eyes. He didn’t want going back to reality because in reality, he and Jack was separated two hours away. With him being in college and Jack just graduated high school. Jack never said he got accepted to any college and Alex didn’t want to pester him, in case Jack was sad about it. So, he will let Jack talk to him willingly. And deep down, he was afraid, what if Jack got accepted far away from him. Like, across the country or something. He lowered his gaze, not wanting Jack to see him crying.
“Lex, I know you’re crying. Come here, I have a piece of paper I want you to read.” Alex scooted closer to his beau and leaned into his side, resting his head on Jack’s shoulder. Jack handed him a white envelope with his name on it with a neat, cursive handwriting; obviously not Jack’s. He opened the envelope carefully and took the paper out. He unfolded the paper and skimmed through the paper. He noticed his college loge on top of the paper.
“Why do you have my letter?” Alex asked out of curiosity. But Jack just smile and motioning to the letter, silently asking him to read the letter. Maybe, Mom gave to Jack before they went here that evening. With a shrug, Alex started reading the letter. He was nervous a little, what could possibly his college want?
Congratulations.
Mr. Jack Bassam Barakat, you are accepted to-
Alex let out a squeal and hugged Jack so tight, he could possibly break his bones. Happy tears rolling down his cheeks uncontrollably. Jack smiled widely at the affection and hugged back as tight.
“Baby, I can’t wait.”
“A new chapter. I love you.”
“I love you too so much.” And the perfect night was sealed with another kisses.
♠ ♠ ♠
My first story. Happy New Year!