My Baby

Chapter Three.

July 28, 1996

Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you,


Aveline looked around the room at the singing people, and frowned.

Where was he?

Happy birthday, happy birthday,

He’s not coming
, she thought, as a single tear slid down her rosy cheeks.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!” she heard him scream as he burst through the front door, his jacket and hair wet from the rain.

She clapped her hands in glee and ran towards him, squealing his name.

“Hey, Avi!” he greeted her; lifting her into the air, and letting her descend softly into his embrace.

“What took you so long?” she whined, pouting.

“Traffic, sweetheart,” he explained as he kissed her forehead.

The cake and party lay behind her forgotten, and everything in her little world revolved around this wonderful young man now tugging playfully on her hair.

“Um, Aveline, dear? Gerard?” her mother called. “We still have to let her blow the candles.”

“Oh, right,” Gerard carried Aveline over to the small, short table where her cake lay, and put her down gently.

“Make a wish,” he whispered in her ear, as she bent to blow the candles.

I wish he’ll always be there, she pleaded silently, as she took a big breath and blew out the candles.
♠ ♠ ♠
I apologize for the extremely overdue chapter :[

I'm having a few problems with the story outline, but I hope I'll get back on track soon enough :]