Status: Just started~~

Collateral Damage

Prologue

I ran from the gym, my heart in my throat.

"Lottie, wait!" An all too familiar voice called and I wiped my eyes delicately, slowing to a stop. His long fingers encompassed my wrist, pulling me to turn me around. "Are you okay?" I nodded, more tears threatening to spill over. "What happened...?" He started to move his other hand towards my cheeks to wipe away the tears.

I quickly lashed a manicured hand out, slapping his away while spitting a harsh, "Don't touch me."

We stood there in silence for a long time, neither making eye contact. A sigh left his lips and I sniffed, wiping the tears from my eyes with the wrist he wasn't holding. "You've changed," his grasp loosened before his hand fell away completely.

"I've changed?" A fire was growing in my chest, fueled by my anger. He nodded, hazel-brown eyes meeting mine defiantly. I dropped my gaze, growing cold. "No, you changed me..."

"I'm sorry, had I known it would lead to this-"

"What? You'd take it all back? You obviously didn't like me enough then to save me from the heartbreak, so you can't say you regret it now!" Tears were quickly carving their way down my cheeks. In one swift movement, his arm encircled my waist and pulled my hips into his, his lips crashing down on top of mine.

For a second, everything was normal again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello hello~