Status: Just started~~

Collateral Damage

Buttercup

Gracie and I laughed together, purposely trying to walk in sync with each another. Our arms looped around our backs, swinging our legs out at the same time as we walked back up the driveway to my house, bags in both of our free hands. As I pushed the door open, I greeted my dad with a cheeky smile. "Thank you Daddy," I pressed a kiss to his cheek and he just chuckled, reaching over to ruffle my blonde locks.

"You're welcome Charlie," he maneuvered past Gracie and out the door, probably to go work on the truck he was trying to restore. "Oh, you two, the boys are still asleep. Mom went out with Anne, so don't pester them too much."

"Of course not, Mr. Hemmings," Gracie cooed and Dad immediately narrowed his eyes at the fact she addressed him as anything other than what she normally did.

"Especially you, Gracelyn." She soon groaned at her full name. "Just be nice, for once." We laughed again and shut the door behind my dad, jogging up the stairs to put the bags down and fawn over the outfits for the week ahead of us. Homecoming week was always stressful, but it was always worth it. Being a senior made it all the more better. I wouldn't have to help decorate this year and would just be able to enjoy my night. Suddenly, a knock sounded and I picked my head up, looking wildly at Gracie.

"They're here already?" She shrugged and I hurried back down the stairs before another knock occurred. I swung the door open and almost squealed when a pair of arms wrapped around me, practically lifting me off of the ground. Another body, who I assumed was Thomas moved behind Dalton and up the stairs, towards my bedroom. Standing in the doorway, my legs found their way around his waist and he held me up with ease. "Well hey, buttercup," he grinned at my pet name and pressed his nose to mine, staring into my eyes.

"Well hey, sweetheart," gosh his little southern twang was to die for. A giggle escaped my lips as he lifted one foot to shut the front door behind him, harder than he probably intended. His lips found mine, pecking them time and time again while I laughed.

"Sto-op," I giggled, angled away from him while he continued to press kisses to my face.

"Seriously..." A voice snarled and I turned my head rather lazily, eyes meeting with angry hazel ones. "Can you two, like get a room?" Ashton rubbed his head, sitting up slowly. So they were finally awake, eh? The other boys stirred, slowly roused from their slumber.

"Did they stay here?" His question was directed at me, of course, and I frowned slightly, looking up at Dalton while I nodded.

"Yeah, but they're my brother's friends, you know that." I could practically feel both Ashton and Luke seething.

He lowered his face to the crook of my neck, voice dropping an octave. "I still don't like it, Charlie." This admittance brought a scowl from me. He was always so protective. The only reason he didn't like it was because he didn't know them and didn't agree with their lifestyle, well their appearance at least. "Let's go upstairs," his voice turned sultry, trying to put on a show, as if he had to prove the fact we were together.

They knew though, and didn't need a show.

The boys had been here when I had come in almost two years ago, reeling over the fact that Dalton Lawson had not only taken me on 'the best date ever', but had kissed me too. As we retreated us the stairs, I made eye contact with Ashton, his expression the same as it had been two years ago, and quickly tore my eyes away before I burried my face in Dalton's neck.

I deserved this.

I deserved to be happy.

Dalton dropped me on the bed between Gracie and Thomas, who were making short conversation. I giggled and he leaned over me, his fingers digging into my sides to draw out louder laughter. When I sat up, my eyes soon wiped free of tears, I leaned into Gracie, smiling. "So, can we just plan a movie night tonight?" Gracie's bottom lip jutted out and we all laughed together.

"I'm sure Luke and his band aren't using the basement tonight to practice. I could set up the projector and there's already some furniture down there," I smiled up at Dalton, who was gazing at me as I spoke.

Thomas snorted and rolled off of the bed. "I thought we were going to the party tonight on the ridge?" Gracie and I shrugged together. I wasn't really feeling a big party, with homecoming right around the corner and everything, so I told them this. Thomas visibly rolled his eyes but soon received a glare from Dalton. "I'm going to the party, I don't know about you guys." He looked pointedly at Dalton.

"How about... we watch a movie here and, if you're still not feeling it after the movie, Thomas and I will go to the party by ourselves." Oh, was that his compromise? I sighed and gave him a shrug. Thomas made his way across the room, looking at all the perfumes and make up cases I had sitting on my vanity.

"Or-" Gracie piped, practically scaring me out of my skin, "We could go to the party for a little bit, just for an appearance, and then come back here to watch the movie." I liked that idea better. That way the boys weren't stuck at a party, drinking themselves into oblivion all night. We all agreed on it and Dalton sat down beside me, his arm around my waist as he laid back against my pillows. He complained that he was tired and I laughed softly, running my nails through his hair.

I just wanted to stay home, eat some pizza and watch She's All That.

A few hours passed and I roused myself from sleep, my back awfully stiff from leaning against the headboard. Gracie stirred, soon gripping her neck from the crick she had obtained while leaning on me. Dalton snored, almost silently, beside me, and Thomas had this half-assed attempt at curling at the bottom of the bed. I guess even seventeen and eighteen year olds needed naps. Pfft, of course we did. Gracie yawned and I turned my lazy gaze to her, then the clock. We had approximately three hours before we had to drop in for the party.

"Buttercup," I cooed, shaking Dalton's shoulder. I had heard his mom call him that one day and it just stuck. He had been annoyed at first, always blushing, but soon found it cute. He groaned and slowly opened his bright blue eyes, followed by a lop-sided smile. "Well look who's alive," I teased. He muffled a small, playful growl and tightened his grip on my waist before sitting up slowly. At the sight of Thomas curled up like a dog, he swung his Nike-clad foot right into his teammate's legs. He started to slide from the bed but quickly sat up as a glare formed across his features.

"Fuck off," Thomas grumbled and rubbed his eyes roughly.

"We've got three hours to get ready," I glanced at them to take in their appearance for the first time. Dark jeans, t shirt, Letterman jacket and a pair of Nikes. Of course. I rolled my eyes at the typicality of it all and crawled off the bed in pursuit of Gracie.

"If y'all hurry, we'll grab a bite to eat before the party," a hand smacked my backside, causing a laugh to escape my lips, and I glared at the cheeky blonde. He just winked and chuckled to himself. How rude of him. At least I was getting food.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading, loves ~

Subscribe, recommend, comment at your leisure.

Don't let my begging prompt you.

((please))