Status: Just started~~

Collateral Damage

Name Brand

///Ashton\\\


Ugh.

They were so happy it made me sick. I pushed the blanket off of me and lifted myself from the couch, anger bubbling in my stomach. "Ash..." Luke called behind me and I gave him an irritated look. "I'm sorry." I just shrugged and made my way into the kitchen. He knew how seeing her so happy with Dalton Lawson, of all people, made me feel. The same kid who had made all of our lives hell throughout middle school was now dating a girl he used to bully just because she lost a little weight and cleaned up her appearance.

I didn't mind her before she decided to change everything about herself. Before she dropped at least thirty pounds, before wearing all of the name brand clothing, before her constant beauty regiments. I liked her when she'd leave the house in sweatpants and a Green Day tee. She wouldn't dare do that now, unless the words PINK or NIKE were written down the side of the sweatpants. Not to mention that she'd be caught dead before wearing a band tee in public now.

Leaning against the counter, cold pizza in hand, I scrolled through my phone, still having pictures from freshman year, before she completely went to the dark side. Ha, dark side. That's funny. "Give me some!" Mikey was suddenly beside me, trying to take the pizza. With a tired laugh, I pushed him away with one hand, holding the other away from him. "Is there any left?"

"Yeah," I grinned. His face lit up as he turned to the fridge and pulled out the pizza box. Heavy footsteps sounded down the stairs and I cocked an eyebrow, locking glares with Thomas Hewitt. The corner of his mouth pulled into a smirk and he made himself a glass of water. Dalton was a dick, sure, but he had nothing on Thomas. That guy was ruthless. We stood in silence for a moment, Thomas, Mikey and myself before dropping the cup in the sink.

"Are you going to the homecoming dance?" He leaned against the wall, hands shoved in his pockets. Was he really trying to make small talk with us? Furrowing my brow, I gruffly nodded. Mikey was fidgeting with his fingernails, never one for confrontation.

"Probably, why?"

"Oh just curious. I'm sure you two will make a cute couple. They might even have boutineers in black, so you can stay punk rock," a wave of anger crashed over me and I glared.

"Fuck off, Hewitt," a snarl left my lips and he laughed. I felt no need to defend myself past that. He waved his hand above his head and turned back up the stairs. Mikey let out a sigh and I offered him a weak smile. We had been going through stuff like this, all four of us, throughout high school, but we had to stop letting it bother us. "We'll be bigger than them one day, Mike. Don't worry too much about it." He nodded slowly and we walked back into the living room.

At about half past five I took up the stairs to grab my jacket from Luke's room and as I passed a partially open door, her perfume hit my like a freight train, stopping me in my spot. Dammit. I peered in the bedroom, seeing the four of them curled up with one another. Dalton's arms were wrapped around Lottie's Charlotte's waist and I bit back a scoff.

What a tool.

Gracie's head was cocked sideways onto Charlotte's shoulder and I knew she'd wake up uncomfortable. Thomas was curled at the bottom of the queen sized bed, like a dog. Which, of course, fit his personality. I turned my gaze back to Charlotte, and it softened, watching her breathe slowly. Her mouth was open, just barely, and she had one hand on Dalton's head, nails poised for a head massage. She always gave the best ones. I smiled softly. Her other arm was wrapped around Gracie's arm, holding it close.

Charlotte always had to be touching those close to her, and I never quite understood it, but after we broke up I had began to. In the past, I would be annoyed by her clinginess, always holding my hand or my arm or hugging me. It was annoying. I realized, though, that she needed that. She needed that constant assurance that I was there.

Then you fucked it up.

I ripped my gaze away from the door at the thought and stalked down to Luke's room for my jacket. Calum laid in Luke's bed and looked at me as I walked in. "You alright, mate?" He chuckled. He always did this. He always left the other three of us in the living room, on uncomfortable chairs and couches, and went to an actual bed after we had all fallen asleep. It never mattered what bed, but Ben and Jack, Luke's older brothers, weren't too fond of some random guy in their rooms despite both being away at college.

"Fine," I snapped and yanked my jacket off of the bed. "Just, why the fuck is she such a bitch Cal?" His eyes widened at my language, which I rarely used around them in casual conversation.

"Lottie?" He spoke her nickname and I flinched, soon nodding. "She's not a total bitch, Ash. She's just different now. People grow up and make their own choices. Besides, it's still Lu's sister, so I'd watch it," he laughed, only teasing of course, and I nodded tightly, my fist clenched. "You going tonight?"

"Probably not... Luke and I talked about just coming back here for the night." Calum nodded and looked back at his phone. "I'll see you later, man." With a sigh, I turned and made my way back out the door.

"Later, Ash!"
♠ ♠ ♠
This one is a little shorter, and I apologize for that you honey bunches of oats. I hope you enjoy it though~ I wanted to give you all an update before I started cleaning!