Status: Just started~~

Collateral Damage

Sorry

I was starving. My stomach had to be eating itself by now because it was after eleven and I had skipped breakfast. Only eating half of my dinner the night before didn't help either. My stomach had even growled in the middle of study hall! I'm also pretty sure Calum was going to pass out from holding in his laughter if he had to be there any longer. What was even funnier was the fact he was dressed as Li Shang from Mulan. It was honestly his fault everyone mistook him of having Asian decent.

I opened my locker, pulling out my lunch bag, and turned quickly, toppling into a tall body. "I am so so-" Hazel eyes met mine and I blanched, forgetting what I was about to say.

"Sorry?" Ashton smirked and I shook my head.

"What?"

"You were about to apologize for running into me, Lottie." That smirk. And hearing his voice say my nickname brought a pang of hurt. He thought this was all a fun little game, I was sure of it.

"Sorry," I spit the word like venom and he seemed taken aback. Thankfully, he didn't question it, and simply continued on his way towards the lunch room. I straightened my tutu and re-shouldered my backpack, soon blowing past the curly-headed senior. I could feel his eyes on me as I passed. Those damn hazel eyes.

"You look cute, by the way, Lottie." I stopped and he ran into the back of my shoulder. "Lo-"

"Don't call me Lottie. My name isn't Lottie," Fuck you Ashton Irwin and everything you keep doing. Don't even breathe my air, dammit. "It's Charlotte or Charlie. It's not Lottie anymore, especially to you." His brow furrowed and with a satisfied huff, I turned on my heel and headed in the direction of the lunch room.

I sat down across from Gracie, fuming. "Has Dalton asked you yet?" I furrowed my eyebrow in her direction.

"What?"

"To Homecoming, this Saturday?"

Oh, no, he hadn't. I had assumed it was implied. I shook my head, biting my lip. Was he going to invite me or were we just supposed to assume we were going with one another? I had my dress and he had a matching tie already. Of course, my mom had told his mom the color rather than Dalton bothering to ask me. My mood shifted and I scowled at the table. What if he didn't want to go with me? Or at all?

"Charlie!" An arm came down in front of my face, right over my nose, and I let out a cry of surprise, instantly grabbing my nose.

///Ashton\\\


"Dammit, your sisters such a bitch, Luke." I snarled and slammed my tray down at our regular table. He shrugged and pulled his lip ring in between his teeth. You know it's bad when your own brother doesn't stick up for you.

"Sometimes, she can be... but Charlotte's struggled the last few years so I'll take her in her bitchiness over her laying in bed all day and not wanting to be around at all, any day." I lifted my gaze to meet his and he wore a sad smile. What the hell was he talking about? I pushed the question away. It didn't matter. I was too pissed to care.

All I did was compliment her and she went Super-Bitch-2000 on me. I filled the boys in and they laughed at me, telling me it was my fault. Yeah, and Obama is the king of Russia. Czar. Russia doesn't have a king, they have a czar. But wait, do they have a king too? England has a queen and a Prime Minister, right? With my mind racing with these questions, I furrowed my eye brows in thought.

"Did you really dress up?" I heard Mikey snort and looked up to see Calum in some God-awful outfit.

"I had to for soccer, okay? If the whole team did it we wouldn't have as many laps in seventh period. I'd take looking like a fool over a mile of running anyday." I snorted as Luke began to pick at the costume. "Dressing up Wednesday too," he smiled proudly before gaping. "You guys should too! I have my costume but it's better if we have all four!" I cocked an eyebrow, instantly shooting down the idea.

"It's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Ash! Come on!" Calum was practically begging and before I knew it, Luke and Mikey were on the bandwagon.

"Fine, but just Wednesday." Calum nodded, a grin on his face. "You're all crazy," I snorted as I shook my head. They knew that. I knew that. We were all crazy.

A shout sounded behind me and I turned slightly, knowing what group sat only a few tables back. Charlotte was covering her face, hunched over her seat. I grabbed the table, looking over the people between us. Was she okay? When she came up, her hand was cupped over her nose and her eyes were wide. One of Dalton's friends was freaking out, forming the word 'sorry' over and over again. Anger bubbled in my gut. Was she okay? What had happened? When she moved her hand, the black dot that had taken it up was smeared down her top lip. Their table erupted in laughter and she pouted. Well I felt stupid now.

Turning back around, Luke gave me a questioning look. I avoided it and relaxed back into my seat. I had to stop caring so much. But I couldn't just stop. It had been over three years and I still couldn't stop. I was a piece of shit. "Stop feeling sorry for yourself," Luke bit into his apple, an eyebrow cocked. I glared and nodded tightly. I hated how he picked up on things so easily.
♠ ♠ ♠
Fillerrrr