Status: On-going

Better in Time

Chapter 1

Daniel’s POV

"Aah I see the lovely Juelz is here… yet again" Steven commented as we watched the blonde woman ‘dance’.

"If there’s a club full of footballer’s she’ll find it" Fernando joked as he handed us both a bottle of beer.

I take one long sip as I kept my eyes glued to the main area of the club. Unlike the other guys my attention wasn’t on the young lady who had gained a reputation among some of the premier league’s better players. I was more focused on the brunette who sat in a booth next to some guy. She had looked at the VIP area earlier and despite my brain telling me that she was probably some fan girl looking for fun, her refusal to dance in a night club told me that maybe this girl was a little different.

"Jeez, Dan stop drooling and just ask her to dance already" Fernando commented forcing me out of my trance.

"Huh?"

"Juelz? You’ve been staring at her for the past five minutes now. I think it’s fair to say today is the day that the reclusive Daniel Agger gets conquered by Juelz" Fernando said but before I could tell him he was wrong, he walked away.

I huffed as I turned my attention back to the dance floor and I noticed Julez and the brunette laughing together.

I assumed that the two of them are friends so I think that maybe inviting the blonde up here won’t be such a bad idea.

Before I have fully processed what I wanted to do, I asked one of the waitresses tending the VIP section to call up the group so they can hang with us.

`

Callie’s POV

"Oh finally" Juelz says as she fixes her bra and pulled her ridiculously short dress, even higher. "Thank God Agger has finally seen the light" she commented as the rest of us looked at her, waiting for her to explain.

"Oh the waitress just came by to inform me that a certain Liverpool player has request me and my crew to join him in the VIP section"

"He requested? What are we? A meal on a menu that he can just order?!" I spat out as Julez gives me a threatening look.

I quickly apologized and before I knew it, I was being dragged up the stairs by a beaming Julez, who ran through a quick checklist of how I should behave in the presence of ‘celebrities’.

I looked at Lisa and Juan, who are both suppressing laughter, and we all rolled our eyes at the dramatics of our friend.

"Juelz" A blond man greeted her once we were all upstairs.

"Hello Torres" she replied in an awkward manner.

I looked towards Lisa for some sort of explanation and she mouthed that she’d tell me later.

Before the awkward conversation could go any further a man with tattoos along his arm and a bald head walked towards us.

I can’t help but take a deep breath as I took in his attractiveness but I quickly shook that thought out of my head.

You came here for work Callie, not to be some footballer’s toy

"Hi I’m Daniel" he said as he put out an outstretched hand towards me.

"Oh I know who you are Dani" Juelz interrupted as she stood in front of me. "But I wonder do you know who I am?” she teased with a flirtatious smile.

But before Daniel could say answer, she pulled him towards the bar and started off on her favorite subject: herself.

"Well that was awkward" Juan says after a few seconds of stunned silence and we all burst into laughter.

"Do you think if we leave now, they’ll notice?" Lisa asked motioning to the only two people we actually knew in this space.

"I doubt it. Juelz cleavage is enough to keep any man distracted" Juan jokes as Lisa pinched him. "Your cleavage is still my favorite though" Juan teased in an attempt to make my cousin feel better.

"It better be" she threatened as she grabbed my hand and we walked down the stairs towards the exit.

As we reach the door, I turn back to look at the VIP to see if Juelz has noticed our exit. However, I’m a little taken aback when I see Daniel is the only one who has noticed our hasty exit.

Maybe he just wants to make sure we’re OK

I tell myself as we make our way towards the street and attempt to hail a cab.

`

Daniel’s POV

"Oh my Dani, you’re so funny" Juelz says with a flip of her hair and another brush of my arm.

I can’t help but feel slightly annoyed at this attention. She wasn’t supposed to be the one sitting her and garnering all my attention. It was her brunette friend, whose name I still hadn’t learned, who was supposed to be her laughing at my corny jokes.

"Hey, your friends have left" I randomly tell her as I move my hand away from her clutches. "Did you not need to leave with them? Considering you guys all came together?"

She shakes her head no.

"They know I can find my own way home. I’m a big girl" she says with a smirk as her hand drops down to my lap as she starts massaging my thigh.

I gently remove it before placing it back on the table.

"So uhm… What are their names?" I ask her in an attempt to get her to stop her futile attempts at flirting.

"It doesn’t matter. Let’s do less talking and more moving" she says as she once again places her hand on my thigh.

I let out a deep breath and once again remove her hand.

"You like to play hard to get" she commented as she sipped on her martini "Well I like a challenge Dani" she flirted me as she excused herself to go to the bathroom.

Stevie and Fernando walk towards me once she is out of sight and the Englishman is the first to comment.

"Welcome to the single life Dani boy" he jokes as he and Fernando laugh.

"This isn’t funny guys" I say as I run a hand over my bald head.

They both compose themselves enough for us to hold a conversation.

"Of course it is. You thought you could call Juelz up here and she’d just agree to a quickie in the bathroom, but she had other plans."

I give Fernando a weird look after he says this before I speak.

"First of all I wouldn’t have a quickie in the bathroom with any woman and secondly when I called her and her friends up here it wasn’t to speak to her. I wanted to speak to her friend"

Both my teammates give each other looks before they turn to me.

"So you mean to tell me" Stevie begins "You don’t want Juelz. You are more interested in her friend?"

I nod and they both laugh at me.

"You’re mad Agger" Fernando says in between laughs "Everybody wants Juelz - if you know what I’m saying. And she’s the kind of girl who, once she has her sight set on someone, never lets up until she gets what she wants"

I acknowledge Fernando’s admission with a nod of my head, knowing from our rather short encounter that Juelz is a woman who doesn’t seem to take no for an answer.

And speaking of the devil, she emerged from the bathroom just as Stevie and Fernando make their way back to wherever they came from.

I begin to mentally prepare myself for another round of awkward conversation and unrequited flirting.
♠ ♠ ♠
To be continued...

By the way in this fight, El Nino and Dan Agger are still at Liverpool