Status: On-going

Better in Time

Chapter 11.2 - You ought to know

Callie’s POV

"I’m sorry" I told Fernando as we continued the drive to Daniel’s house.

He merely shook his head as if silently telling me it’s OK.

"She really does like you. It’s just kindda complicated because of Juan and everything he has done for her" I continued to explain.

When Fernando let out a sigh I knew I had said too much.

"Sorry" I repeated once again before looking out the window.

"You say that a lot" he joked in an attempt to make me feel better.

"Tell me about it. I’m pretty sure it’s the most used word in my vocabulary" I admitted with a shrug.

"Why?"

"Why what?" I asked pretending as if I didn’t know what he meant.

"Why do you feel the need to constantly apologize?" he questioned as he slowed down as we were approaching a stop sign.

I shrugged my shoulders, trying to ignore the inquest but he merely persisted.

I took a deep breath before explaining.

"It’s hard to explain. When I was a kid my mom used to say I ask too many questions and talk too much so I started apologizing then because I didn’t want to make her angry. And as I grew up I realized that a girl who talks too much is a bit of a turn off so that only made me self-conscious. Hence the need to speak less than 2 sentences and apologize if I exceed the limit" I explained as I blushed slightly.

Fernando laughed at my explanation before starting the car again.

"I like it better when you’re a chatty Cathy. It shows your intelligence and wit and considering that your friend Juelz has none of the above, it’s refreshing" he admitted as we made our way unto the road where Daniel’s house was located.

"Don’t underestimate Juelz. She may not be book smart but she knows how to be conniving and vindictive to get what she wants" I informed him before he cut the engine.

"Well I for one hope that Daniel can see past all that fog and realize there is so much better waiting for him" he spoke as we exited the car and began walking up to the door.

I realized that what he said was something Lisa always said to me whenever I got jealous of Juelz and Daniel’s relationship

"What does that mean?" I asked, slightly worried that Lisa had told him everything.

"I think we both know what I mean" he answered with a smile before ringing the doorbell.

I tried to probe him more about his statement but my actions were halted by the opening of the door.

"What do you want?" Daniel snarled at Fernando.

"Daniel is that how you greet me after the many nights of passion we shared?" the Spaniard teased while clutching his heart in fake hurt.

The defender shrugged in response before moving out of the way to let us in.

Though he had yet to say a word to me I saw him look me up and down before wandering forward to walk with his teammate.

Great, I thought to myself, he's still angry with me. But heaven knows why.

"So where’s Juelz?" Fernando asked once we were all sitting down.

"Out somewhere” Daniel answered vaguely.

Fernando shot me a smile before speaking again.

"Don’t tell me you two had a fight?" he asked concerned but I knew he was just faking concern.

Daniel just shrugged his shoulders.

"Would you like anything to drink?" he asked as he stood up on his crutches.

"Beer" Fernando answered as Daniel turned and walked to the kitchen.

I watched in shock as he walked away without even asking me what I wanted.

"What did you do?" Fernando asked in hushed tones.

"I don’t know" I squeaked out as I kept on checking over the door to make sure Daniel didn’t walk in.

"Well whatever is happening between you two fix it, and soon. Daniel doesn’t need any more problems right now" he threatened before leaning back on his seat, right as Daniel made his way back.

Fernando sipped on his beer as the two of them continued to talk as if I wasn’t here.

I should have just stayed home and eavesdropped on Lisa and Juan’s conversation. I thought to myself as I tried holding in yet another yawn.

"Are we boring you Callie?" Daniel snapped at me when a yawn finally escaped.

"No no I’m just uhm tired" I mumbled as I look to Fernando for guidance.

The Spaniard merely shrugged his shoulders before drawing Daniel’s attention back to him.

Their conversation went on for another 5 minutes before Fernando’s phone rang and he asked to excuse himself.

Please don’t leave me. I pleaded with my eyes as they followed him out the room.

Daniel coughed, bringing me back to reality.

"How have you been?" he asked so softly that I wasn’t sure I had actually heard him.

"Good" I answered as I look around his living room.

"And work?"

"It’s good" I answered back, keeping my answers short.

"Well it’s good that you’re good" he announced before an awkward silence descended over us.

Gosh since when is it so hard to have a conversation with Daniel.

"I’m sorry" Daniel said loud enough for me to hear.

"For what?"

"Everything" he told me without being specific.

I merely nodded my head, secretly wishing he had said more.

"I shouldn’t have gone to the gala. I shouldn’t have spent the night with her. I shouldn’t have let things get this far" he noted as I felt myself start to tear up.

"It’s fine Daniel. You’re happy with her and that’s all that matters" I told him before standing up. "I should…."

"I love you" he told me as he stood up and blocked my path.

"You don’t have to say it back or do anything with it. I just wanted you to know that I love you and I’m sorry for hurting you" he said as he waited for me to say something back.

I took a deep breath before doing something I had been wanted to do for so long. I pulled him towards me as I give him a kiss.

Daniel started to enjoy it as he began to moan into it but when he did this I pulled away.

"Why did you…" he began but I stopped him.

"Nothing can happen until you and Juelz are over" I informed him as he shook his head in agreement.

I heard Fernando’s footsteps down the hall as he made his way back into the living room. I turned to sit back down on the chair I had been sitting on but not before saying to Daniel.

"I love you too" I said to him as a blush took over my cheeks.

Fernando walked in soon after this, with me and Daniel still sitting in silence.

"I take it you too still haven’t kissed and made up?" he asked exasperated. As me and Daniel looked at him and laughed.

If only he knew

~

Lisa’s POV

"You and him slept together" Juan repeated as I wiped away more tears.

I had told him everything that had happened since that night at the stadium and we were now sat trying to figure out what would now happen to us.

"And then you spent the past 3 weeks texting him including a few naked pics" he continued to ask as I nodded my head.

"Do you want to be with him?" he asked, as he looked directly at me for the first time since I started telling him the truth.

I keep quiet and Juan knew what my silence meant.

"I can’t believe this" he snapped as he stood up. "I gave you everything Lisa and this is how you pay me back? I let your man obsessed best friend and your socially awkward cousin move in with us. I never once questioned anything and this is… this is your thank you" he continued to rant as the tears fell.

"Juan all I can say is I’m sorry" I pleaded as I stood up and try to pull him to me.

He reacted by pulling away and giving me a disgusted look.

"I don’t know who you are anymore Lisa but I can promise you one thing; Torres is not gonna get away with stealing my girl without some repercussions" he threatened before grabbing his jacket and walking towards the door.

"This isn’t over Lisa" he announced before walking out and banging the door behind him.
♠ ♠ ♠
To be continued...